The Reviews Thread

flameboy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its 11th at the moment, not even in the top 10. :(:

proofdd8.png

Sorry to get personal, but I think you are an idiot, solitanze, for getting upset about a Zelda, and I have two reasons.

Reason one: I think Twilight Princess is one of the best games ever, ranked 11th out of 20321 on gamerankings.com (as your picture kindly demonstrated). It has an average score of 95%, which is very respectable by anyone's standards. The three lowest scores are from sites which (a) no one has ever heard of, and (b) no one really gives the tiniest little shit about.

Reason two: I don't give a flying fuck about what score this game gets.

No because that reviewer is either mentally retarded or has a problem against all videogames.

Reviews are meant to assure you that your original intentions to purchase the game will not be a waste. If the review fails to do so, you simply reconsider your own opinion. Or visa versa if you read a good review of a game you weren't intending to buy.

Reviews are not there to dictate what you do and do not buy, which is why taking reviews or review averages seriously is stupid.

I'm thinking of asking an admin to put a thread-specific ban of solitanze for this thread, namely because he is pissing everyone off with his "omg zelda is 11th best game in the world it must be crap!!!" bitching.

Who's with me?

Nah, he's not breaking any rules.

He's a little bit too enthusiastic about reviews, but apart from that, he's alright.

I think the admins need to start stopping people posting threads and post up threads themselves to keep this place from going mental. I'm told you're getting other mods to mod the Wii board over launch, which is unnecessary. Just set up threads beforehand and people can post in those, but can't create their own somewhat similar to the E3 situation.

For threads, how about:

- Pre-order thread

- Post your Wii haul/setup pics thread

- Threads for all the big games coming out

- One thread for all the smaller games

- Wii Accessory thread

- Post your Miis thread

- Wii troubleshooting thread

- Thread for the Virtual Console

- Backwards compatability thread

I'm sure there are other threads, but wouldn't this be much more effective than trying to police the place? Right now it's all gone a bit mental and the console isn't even out yet.

I think the admins need to start stopping people posting threads and post up threads themselves to keep this place from going mental. You're getting other mods to mod the board over launch, which is unnecessary. [/Quote]

Haha, oh Jordan. When will you ever learn?

Just set up threads beforehand and people can post in those, but can't create them. Somewhat similar to the E3 situation.

For threads, how about:

- Pre-order thread

- Wii Accessory thread

- Post your Miis thread

I'm sure there are other threads, but wouldn't this be much more effective than trying to police the place? Right now it's all gone a bit mental and the console isn't even out yet.

Yeah, it's a good idea. It worked for E3, so it can work. I think we have to get the timing right. For example, we already have threads for certain games, and virtual console, etc. A post your Miis thread would be too early, as it would get filled with 10 pages or so of nonsense before launch day even arrives.

Saying that, i think i will turn off the option to stop people posting new threads. Just to calm things down. But then, what about if somebody wants to post news? Thats when it becomes troublesome.

I think the admins need to start stopping people posting threads and post up threads themselves to keep this place from going mental. I'm told you're getting other mods to mod the Wii board over launch, which is unnecessary. Just set up threads beforehand and people can post in those, but can't create their own somewhat similar to the E3 situation.

For threads, how about:

- Pre-order thread

- Wii Accessory thread

- Post your Miis thread

Don't worry m8, they have their own G8-type meeting for these sort of things, it takes time. Believe.

Haha, oh Jordan. When will you ever learn?

Yeah, it's a good idea. It worked for E3, so it can work. I think we have to get the timing right. For example, we already have threads for certain games, and virtual console, etc. A post your Miis thread would be too early, as it would get filled with 10 pages or so of nonsense before launch day even arrives.

Saying that, i think i will turn off the option to stop people posting new threads. Just to calm things down. But then, what about if somebody wants to post news? Thats when it becomes troublesome.

Make a news thread? It won't be ideal, but it's better than clutter. Ideally this change could go live at 12am on launch day? I dunno. You guys will work something out.

Hahahah, why don't you fix up this board rather then beat behind the bush. Im sure its less effort to do that then to follow my posts around deleting them and removing me from threads.

Oh, i thought you hated this forum? If so, what business is this of yours?

Anyway, read my thread. Then, kindly shut up.

I don't hate this forum, i just think the majority of it is generally shit. So now, your next step is too look for contradicory posts amarite?

So, what is the reasonable approach to that? Rather than just contributing to this 'shit', why don't you try and do something useful, to up the quality? Or would that be asking too much?

Oh and the stocky asian with the black bangs and the big britches comes out sa-winging!

Oh, i thought you hated this forum? If so, what business is this of yours?

Anyway, read my thread. Then, kindly shut up.

Ohhh! Tremendous body blow!

So, what is the reasonable approach to that? Rather than just contributing to this 'shit', why don't you try and do something useful, to up the quality? Or would that be asking too much?

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! And the fight goes to the skinny middleweight from Brighton!

Ps. I'm sorry.