NEurope
flameboy

The Reviews Thread

I don't care what reviews Red Steel gets I will still be buying it on launch day. I still think it looks good and hopefully it will be fun to play. Reviews may say it's rubbish but that doesn't mean you can't get some enjoyment out of it.

For crying out loud. Before i even clicked the link to the excitetruck ign review, i thought (judging by the reactions), the game had scored a 4 or something.

But, since when has 8 been a bad score? That's a pretty awesome score, imo. It's just gone around in circles to the "if it ain't 9/10, it aint worth playing" argument.

at least we will hopefully get reviews of all these in the weeks between US launch and Europe launch.

5.5 Lasting Appeal

If all you want is to see the dozen or so tracks then you can do that in a couple of hours...it's getting the Super Excite mode that extends the play. Multiplayer isn't a selling point.

that saves me some cash

Red Steel, CoD 3... even Excite Truck, all getting horribly average scores.

*Sigh* When you people understand that launches are always full of goddamn average games, and console's first year is always less than stellar (with maybe only exception being Dreamcast)? That's simply price you must pay if you want to be early adopter.

*Sigh* When you people understand that launches are always full of goddamn average games, and first year is always extremely lame (with maybe only exception being Dreamcast).

This is what happened during the 360 launch, shitty games, tons of em.

Zelda seems to be the only game worth getting.

Im getting Red steel, since its a game, that has been built from the ground up, to cater for the Wii, and also an attempt at properly utilising the wiimote, and its set in Japan and has Katanas in it.

So thats no biggy

WiiPlay? ONLY because it comes with a wiimote. There is no other reason.

I look forward to Warioware, Trauma centre. And thats mainly it. Ofcourse ill get Mario and Metroid, what kinda fan could i call myself if i didnt.

Yes but when choice is restricted everything looks great.

You are in a room and have 3 knives, a poop and a bowl of golden grahams. Nothing else and no escape.

You eat the golden grahams and soon forget about them, realising you've been sitting in a room with 3 knives and a poop.

PLAYTIME!

these reviewers NEED to be tough and critical about these first-attempt Wii games. If ExciteTruck feels like a tech demo, i want to know. Demand excellence and make these developers truly earn 9's and 10's on future projects.

Red Steel, CoD 3... even Excite Truck, all getting horribly average scores.

Is Zelda the only killer app we're going to see for this console for a long time? At the moment I'm not interested in a single other title on the system, launch or future.

monkey ball and trauma centre rule.cmon look at the reviews for the ps3 games.they have it far worse

Anyone notice how IGN is doing 2 Wii reviews a day and working their way up to the more anticipated games? =) Unless I totally forgot a game, tomorrow WILL be Rayman+RedSteel with Zelda following on Sat before Wii launch Sunday(here in Canada, wololo!).

For crying out loud. Before i even clicked the link to the excitetruck ign review, i thought (judging by the reactions), the game had scored a 4 or something.

But, since when has 8 been a bad score? That's a pretty awesome score, imo. It's just gone around in circles to the "if it ain't 9/10, it aint worth playing" argument.

it coulnt possibly be a good game.Something like that screams a multiplayer mode and it isnt done properly.For gods sake no cpu on 2 player?what a joke.Im sure its fun on one player but Its lacking so much.I believe gamespots 6.5 score more

it coulnt possibly be a good game.Something like that screams a multiplayer mode and it isnt done properly.For gods sake no cpu on 2 player?what a joke.Im sure its fun on one player but Its lacking so much.I believe gamespots 6.5 score more

He's only defending his decision to purchase it.

*Sigh* When you people understand that launches are always full of goddamn average games, and console's first year is always less than stellar (with maybe only exception being Dreamcast)? That's simply price you must pay if you want to be early adopter.

yeah i was looking at ps3 thinking could i see myself get one next year, but there isnt anything I can see myself wanting at all. Even though the likes of Resistance look awesome but doesn't really inspire me to buy it at all. Whereas the Wii does its got Zelda as a killer app from day 1, look at the 360 thats waited a year for Gears Of War inarguably its first killer app.Wheres its next one gonna come from? We are lucky to have this and with Metroid, Smash Bros and Mario awaiting in the next year things cannot get better! Plus we've always got the likes of Mario Kart, F-Zero etc.... to look forward to as they will surely appear at some point.

If f-zero can handle 30+ karts and the DS can handle 8 on LAN? why can't the Wii handle this?

That's not acceptable, Excite Truck always was a gimmicky game in my eyes. A product of a board room analysing patches in the line up.

I don't think the game is that good to warrant an 8, but I have to agree 6.5 seems about the sweet spot for a true launch game.

Monkey Ball will be a classic and no doubt hold it's value but Trauma Centre will be very tough to sell as the DS market has already been saturated.. I can't imagine people will be crying out for more. (Even when that game was super short)

Excite truck was probably rushed for launch. It looks worth a look, even if you're only borrowing it, it looks pretty fun, even if it doesn't last.

I don't think I'll get Excite Truck when it's released although I might buy it pre-owned eventually. It looks like a decent enough game, but the multiplayer sounds like it really diminishes the overall quality of the game.

1080 and Wave Race are fair comparisons to Excite Truck.

Perhaps a little perspective will make you consider how to spend you £30.

Was ExciteTruck developed by NTSC? (The guys who did Prime Hunters, 1080 and Wave Race)

these reviewers NEED to be tough and critical about these first-attempt Wii games. If ExciteTruck feels like a tech demo, i want to know. Demand excellence and make these developers truly earn 9's and 10's on future projects.

Exactly, non of us want Wii games to be rubbish, but if they are then there's no point trying to hide it! And yeah,

If f-zero can handle 30+ karts and the DS can handle 8 on LAN? why can't the Wii handle this?

That's not acceptable, Excite Truck always was a gimmicky game in my eyes. A product of a board room analysing patches in the line up.

I don't think the game is that good to warrant an 8, but I have to agree 6.5 seems about the sweet spot for a true launch game.

Excite Truck looks like total shite, I was playing F-Ze5ro GX today, and that looks so beutiful, it puts Excite Truck to shame.

Was ExciteTruck developed by NTSC? (The guys who did Prime Hunters, 1080 and Wave Race)

No I think NTSC is working on the new Jesus game and then are going to play table tennis on the XBOX 360 for a few years.

1080 and Wave Race are fair comparisons to Excite Truck.

Perhaps a little perspective will make you consider how to spend you £30.

I got 1080 and Wave Race for £5 each recently from cex. All these cheap cube games makes the wii seem less special. f-zero and burnout 2 go for about £7-£10 too

Exactly, non of us want Wii games to be rubbish, but if they are then there's no point trying to hide it! And yeah,

Excite Truck looks like total shite, I was playing F-Ze5ro GX today, and that looks so beutiful, it puts Excite Truck to shame.

totally agreed some people need to wake up.f-zero and burnout 2 even shame this.im sure its not bad but lack of 4 player pisses me off