NEurope
flameboy

The Reviews Thread

I think by now we've established that you're the only one who cares what games TP does or does not surpass score-wise though. We all know this game will be good. We all know it'll probably be better than RE4. I know it's good if it gets good scores, but honestly, you put far too much into it.

I do care abit to be honest, but not greatly. it would be nice to see it in the top 10 and would help champion the wii's cause as a controlling masterpiece, if the controls weren't up to scratch it wouldn't be getting all these huge scores... but to be honest, whether it it gets 90%/95%/98%/100% I couldn't care, it still means its awesome.

have 1up ever given a perfect 10 to anything else?

ZELDA TP 10/10 WOOHOO!!!!!

I do care abit to be honest, but not greatly. it would be nice to see it in the top 10 and would help champion the wii's cause as a controlling masterpiece, if the controls weren't up to scratch it wouldn't be getting all these huge scores... but to be honest, whether it it gets 90%/95%/98%/100% I couldn't care, it still means its awesome.

have 1up ever given a perfect 10 to anything else?

ZELDA TP 10/10 WOOHOO!!!!!

They've given quite a few 10/10s, most recent being Gears of War and now Twilight Princess. We're just very lucky this guy happened to be the one assigned to Twilight Princess, he seemed to enjoy it very much, wouldn't of gotten 10 from any of the other editors though... It should be updated on Gamerankings.com soon, approaching 6 editorial reviews with an average of 98%. Heres hoping it continues. I'm going to create some phony email accounts and continue to give 10s to the game to try and get it up to user interest level of 9, so it could possibly do the UNTHINKABLE and have a chance of passing Ocarina Of Time but at the very least, setting itself up for a top 5 berth.

The Rayman Raving Rabbids score was a teensy bit disappointing. It wasn't a bad score, but from all the hype it was getting I was hoping it could get a bit closer to 9.

The Rayman Raving Rabbids score was a teensy bit disappointing. It wasn't a bad score, but from all the hype it was getting I was hoping it could get a bit closer to 9.

I wasn't phased in the slightest the scores are quite satisfying for me seeing that I had no real interest in the game to begin with, as soon as I heard its a compilation of mini games, I thought to myself, 8/10 guaranteed to which has now become a reality. I'll give it a rental though just in case I'm mistaken about the fun factor of the game, may suddenly become interested...

Rayman got higher that i thought, im not at all interested in it to be honest, but may give it a rent to see what its like.

I'm looking forward to the Edge score and the Eurogamer one. Those along with IGN and Gamespot are the biggys.

Decent score for Rayman aswell, and sounds like they were cracking up playing it.

Zelda will get great scores all round, but it's more than just magazine scores that make a game an all time classic, or in the case of OOT the greatest game ever.

A lot of it is down to the fans, I always take into account IGN and Gamespot, I don;t really care much for other gaming site reviews. However I do regularly read the Gamefaqs user reviews, because that's what the average guy thinks.

However I do regularly read the Gamefaqs user reviews, because that's what the average guy thinks.

Yea. I normally read one of the highest, one of the lowest, and somewhere in between. Good all-round opinion (If you can tell what a valid point for good/bad score is, and what is just fanboy moaning/compliment)

no red steel yet.oh im dying now.rayman was a bit disappointing.i never thought it looked good.Monkey ball looks better for the same type of game so ill go with that

Will be purchasing the following games:

Zelda - Given but want to see the game achieve great success with aggregate scores. Care more about the scores for this game than any other game.

Monkey Ball - Was always going to be a purchase for me to begin with, the scores are satisfactory. Liked all games in the series.

Red Steel. Buying this to attempt to ensure Ubisoft continues to support Wii & acknowledge effort put into the game. Expecting scores of around 6/10, but still buying, for Nintendos sake, they need third party support to continue.

Wii Play (ONLY FOR THE WII MOTE) This game could get 0/10 and i'd still buy it, just for the Wii Mote.

Thats it for now. The ultimate Wii game of 2007 I reckon will be Super Mario Galaxy, will end up being the flagship game of the console like Super Mario 64 was for N64. It could show the true potential of the console where no sacrifices are made. Conventional and New gameplay comes together to form the ultimate playing experience, as all other Wii games involve some form of sacrifice, REMEMBER the previews at E3 were EXTREMELY positive almost to the point where they couldn't pinpoint criticisms, control was ABSOLUTELY PREFECT. Maybe Metroid Prime: Corruption on the condition they nail the control, they're close but not quite there yet.

SIDE NOTE: I am still rather cut at the lack of a proper game case for Wii Sports instead giving us a cheap cardboard slip. Doesn't help in the value department for the console, I like to have whole cases so I can have them on display in my glass cabinet.

I'm gonna get:

Zelda

Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

Red Steel

Wii Play (just for remote)

Reviews havn't really swayed my views yet.

I have thought about getting nfs carbon, but gonna wait for excitetruck. had thought about COD 3 but at the end of the day it is just a port with controls tacked on (admittedly some of the gestures are unique and look great) and really want Marvel Ultimate Alliance, but don't think I'd give it the time it deserves cos of Zelda so I leave it for abit, maybe get it in summer when there isn't much out.

Just been on Gamefaqs and apparently the new GamesMaster mag gave the following:

graphics 90%

gameplay 98%

lifespan 97%

overall 96%

Sorry if its been posted already.

3 more reviews and Zelda makes it into the top 10 games ever made list.

Bumping off RE4 for the PS2 :D

Rayman scored 8.3, why is that disappointing? For what is essentially just a collection of mini games I think it looks pretty good, plus I think the graphical style is really good and it looks quite fun.

Yeah, 8.3 is not a dissapointment. It scored better than I thought it was going to. Still I'm not gonna buy it though.

Monkey Ball got a 7.0 on 1up (sorry if its been posted before) no matter how many less than stellar reviews I read of it, its not putting me off (even though I am still bemoaning the loss of the "purist" original monkey target, but i've kinda got over it)

If you look in the Zelda details on ign, it says the press average is 8.4... which worried me a little. But... when you follow the link it says the press average is 9.9 o_O

Rayman scored 8.3, why is that disappointing? For what is essentially just a collection of mini games I think it looks pretty good, plus I think the graphical style is really good and it looks quite fun.

I just said it was a teensy bit disappointing, because the podcasts made me think it would be another definitive launch title.

Rest of Nintendo Power scores:

Trauma Center SO: 8.5

SMB BB: 8.5

Excite Truck: 8.5

Madden 07: 8.5

Wii Sports: 8.0 / 8.5

Marvel UA: 8.0

Red Steel: 8.0

Metal Slug Anthology: 8.0

Rayman RR: 7.5

Need for Speed Carbon: 7.5

Tony Hawk DJ: 7.5

Spongebob: 7.0

CoD3: 6.5

Monster 4×4: 6.5

Rampage TD: 6.5

Splinter Cell DA: 6.0

DBZ BT2: 9.0 / 6.0 - don't understand why there's two ratings, but seeing 9.0 there is impressive

GT Pro Series: 5.0

Happy Feet: 4.5

The dual score is probaly because it supports GC and Wii control, and I suppose the wii control sucks. Very very good launch overall nice scores and all.

hhaa i know and that guy didnt even play the whole way through it yet.How can you review a game when you haven't finished it/

hhaa i know and that guy didnt even play the whole way through it yet.How can you review a game when you haven't finished it/

Hype, my friend.

Let's face it, nobody's going to go below a 9 for this. And even if somebody does, then there's always the odd chance they're doing it purely to get noticed.

If you didn't know, it is pretty standard that reviewer won't finish the game before reviewing. It's more common in printed than electric media, but it does happen when deadlines are looming. I'm also suspecting 1UP has rushed some Wii reviews to generate hits, and take attention away from their competitors who don't have reviews yet.

but you never know not saying it would happen with zelda but what if the last bit of the game declines in quality.Like lets say...metal gear solid 2.