NEurope
flameboy

The Reviews Thread

I was thinking about how gamerankings.com are going to get round the fact that cross platform games are going to score different on the Wii, due to controls and grahics? The average scores may become inlated or deflated due to this.

ROFL 10/40.

I'm suprised Wind Waker got 40/40.. I thought the slow down during intense battles was quite intolerable even for the nimble system. I'd knock off a point for that alone.

really?? I just thought that was bullet time

Yeah those little stops where put there by Nintendo... it was not the cube slowing down or lagging.

I never really noticed it as something technicial for that slowdown. It never affected battles, and just made them more intense I feel.

back to monkey ball its average is up to 72.5% after an 80% score from play magazine, sounds alot more like it to me.

To stop all the topics flying around about all the reviews and scores that are starting to come out, please post them in here as to not clutter the boards up.

Thanks to DavidRedge for these 2:

IGN have awarded WiiSports a respectable 7.5

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/745/745708p1.html

Mark at IGN awarded Trauma Centre a solid 8.0.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/745/745710p1.html

I wonder which sites will try to be cool and non conformist, and give Zelda a low score. I'm betting on Joystiq and Kotaku.

Giving Zelda a bad review, will just lead to a site getting either shunned or a crap load of hits to see the review.

Gamespot, IGN and the major magazines are my wants to see.

wouldn't it be better to just change the name of the gamerankings thread, which already has discussion going on?

EDIT: nice one on the merge and name change Hero-of-Time:yay:

The original Super Monkey Ball was one of the best games of the last generation. To ignore the Wii latest incarnation would be a tradgedy for all.

I've just skimmed page 1 but Solitanze is going to be on this thread isn't he? *shudders*

I'm mainly looking forward to IGN's review, and the single greatest video game magazine in the world, Edge. I'd still Twilight Princess, despite there opinions, but they're always good reference points.

http://www.lawrence.com/news/2006/nov/14/review_legend_zelda_twilight_princess_wii/

Another encouraging score. So far, it has an average of 97.1 from 4 reviews, if it keeps getting these sorts of scores, it could possibly surpass Metroid Prime and even unbelievably, Soul Calibur, what a dream it'd be if this game could sit directly below OOT on Gamerankings.com and other related sites.

http://www.lawrence.com/news/2006/nov/14/review_legend_zelda_twilight_princess_wii/

Another encouraging score. So far, it has an average of 97.1 from 4 reviews, if it keeps getting these sorts of scores, it could possibly surpass Metroid Prime and even unbelievably, Soul Calibur, what a dream it'd be if this game could sit directly below OOT on Gamerankings.com and other related sites.

That would be nice. But we know by now how awesome the game is - all that remains is resisting spoilers with the waiting game.

That would be nice. But we know by now how awesome the game is - all that remains is resisting spoilers with the waiting game.

yeah its getting so hard, but i know it will be so much better for it.

Ugh, 89% for Wii Sports is ridiculous, it can't be that good.

Also, supposedly the lowest score TP has had is 96%, sounds marvelous :D

It would be brillant if TP was second in the gamerankings, but then again I wouldn't care less if it was no.100 in the rankings.

We already know this game is going to be fantastic, I don't understand some peoples concerns that it will fail horribly if it gets less then 9.5 or something below their expectations, because in the end everyone's taste is different.

For instance I believe TP is a beautiful game, while other people seem to dis-agree, comparing it to the likes of GOW or Motorstorm ::shrug:

Lance

It would be brillant if TP was second in the gamerankings, but then again I wouldn't care less if it was no.100 in the rankings.

We already know this game is going to be fantastic, I don't understand some peoples concerns that it will fail horribly if it gets less then 9.5 or something below their expectations, because in the end everyone's taste is different.

For instance I believe TP is a beautiful game, while other people seem to dis-agree, comparing it to the likes of GOW or Motorstorm ::shrug:

Lance

To be honest I do agree with you, OOT for me was incredible not because it got amazing scores but because it was simply wonderful, well crafted, well written the list goes on, as I played it I felt a real connection with the story and the characters, for me it doesn't matter what TP looks like compared to HD (the graphics look more than enough to draw me in), or even the controls, as long as they don't impede, if they are hard to get the hang of thats fine by me, every game needs a learning curve.

but then on the flipside it would be swell to have TP up top on gamerankings as it would show those sony/microsoft fanboys a thing or 2 aswell as showing the wii can handle "hardcore" complex games and come out on top.

I don't think it was bullet time, I think it was a case of the game couldn't handle 4 knights and a bunch of imp things swinging at you when you did your attacks. It was barely noticeable.

I know there was intentional pace changes when you do your master attack but I'm not talking about that.

. There are a couple of minor graphical issues here – occasional slowdown when there's lots going on, and some objects have bizarrely low poly counts – but when you take into account the excellent animation, unbelievable draw distances and total lack of loading times, it's clear that the visuals are a major achievement.

ROFL 10/40.

People would riot. I'd expect a typo like that from the fanboys at ONM.

I'm suprised Wind Waker got 40/40.. I thought the slow down during intense battles was quite intolerable even for the nimble system. I'd knock off a point for that alone.

Apparently it's not a problem in this game though.

that was an effect that i absolutely loved.they use it all the time in japanese cartoons

Just read the wii sports ign review, and it is how I expected it to be: half decent but zero depth.

Just read the wii sports ign review, and it is how I expected it to be: half decent but zero depth.

Yes but it's going to kick ass :D.

Hopefully companies like EA can build on Wii sports in their own franchises (like Tiger woods).

Yeah, Wii Sports scored what I expected. I think it will be something I play on launch day, then it will just be used when my mates are around my house (could be fun with drink!). Doubt I will really play it that much by myself.