NEurope
darthbane2k

UK Wii Tour - Details FINALLY!

I'm currently at the Uni of Sheffield. I can go to Wednesday (I'll just tell my boss I'm busy with uni work) and Saturday.

Im at Uni at sheffield hallam! I'll be working the saturday, so gonna go to the wednesday one?!

Im at Uni at sheffield hallam! I'll be working the saturday, so gonna go to the wednesday one?!

Yea. I'm at the Hicks Building (right next to the union - where It will probably be taking place...well, the octagon, specifically) from 11 to 1, so I'll go before (if it starts earlier) and after. I'll have to walk past the place....so I won't be able to stop myself going in.

I will be at Bluewater first thing on the Thursday gonna get there for 9 play for as long as I can then bomb it back to Colchester and play Gears Of War

Eeek, nearest to Wales is Bristol! I knew i should have stayed home and gone to Birmingham uni lol.

Apparently the Nintendo rep came into work on Thursday and was impressed by all the self-chosen posters and stuff we had for Nintendo stuff, and is gonig to try and get the Wii to come to our store/shopping centre. We'll wait and see, but would be cool.

http://www.toys4bigboys.ie/exhibitor_information.asp?idexhibitor=3115

Finally the European "Wii Move You" Tour is about to kick off!

Friday 10th, (tomorrow), see the start of a 3 day exhibition in Dublin's R.D.S. which will include the first European date for Nintendo's new home console Wii.

Games playable at Nintendo's booth are confirmed to be Wii Sports, WarioWare: Smooth Moves, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Red Steel.

Special Offer / Competition

You'll also have the chance to win one of 50 Wii consoles in a fantastic prize draw. Make sure you fill in the entry form at the event.

If anyone from here (N-E that is) is heading to the R.D.S tomorrow, I will see you there! Doors open at 2.00pm and the show runs until 10.00 pm that night.

Saturday and Sunday, doors open from 10:00am - 7:00pm.

Just imagine, as I sit here in my humble surroundings of University College Dublin, that less than a mile away from me, some dudes from the press are playing with the Wii........:bouncy:

Yea. I'm at the Hicks Building (right next to the union - where It will probably be taking place...well, the octagon, specifically) from 11 to 1, so I'll go before (if it starts earlier) and after. I'll have to walk past the place....so I won't be able to stop myself going in.

ok cool will prob see you there.lol

http://www.toys4bigboys.ie/exhibitor_information.asp?idexhibitor=3115

Finally the European "Wii Move You" Tour is about to kick off!

Friday 10th, (tomorrow), see the start of a 3 day exhibition in Dublin's R.D.S. which will include the first European date for Nintendo's new home console Wii.

Games playable at Nintendo's booth are confirmed to be Wii Sports, WarioWare: Smooth Moves, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Red Steel.

Special Offer / Competition

You'll also have the chance to win one of 50 Wii consoles in a fantastic prize draw. Make sure you fill in the entry form at the event.

If anyone from here (N-E that is) is heading to the R.D.S tomorrow, I will see you there! Doors open at 2.00pm and the show runs until 10.00 pm that night.

Saturday and Sunday, doors open from 10:00am - 7:00pm.

Just imagine, as I sit here in my humble surroundings of University College Dublin, that less than a mile away from me, some dudes from the press are playing with the Wii........:bouncy:

I'm pretty sure that Conor and Franklin (Mokong) are going to be there, reporting for NE.

I'll be at the RDS on Saturday to gets me some Zelda! Conzer hopefully will have some pics or videos posted he tells me - we await with baited breath!

no_wai2.jpg

oh well, i can't take back my one star.

such is the level of thought that a 1am unemployed caffeinated teenager gives to such things.

Anyone know what time Nintendo are gonna be at Bluewater on Thursday. Do you think they will be there first thing?

Hey guys! Just back from the Wii Move You event in Dublin. Met up with Franklin (Mokong), Conor and Mark. Played a few games of Wii Tennis, Warioware and Wii Play. I didnt try Zelda (the queue was always pretty long), I'll just wait till the event in UCD on December 6th.

Wii Tennis is BRILLIANT! Warioware is the most entertaining game I have played in a long time, and Wii play.....well some of the games in Wii Play are quite fiddly and tricky to control, but the Shhoting Game (Dunk Hunt like) is real easy to control and hugely enjoyable.

The real thing that struck me when playing Wii was how light the Wiimote is, how small it is and how comfortably it sits in your hand.

I only took a few pics so will post the best ones.

....when i get them uploaded!

Edit: Some pics

Front Entrance

P1011353-1.jpg

Queue to get in

P1011354.jpg

The only Branding visible on Nintendo's booth.....the Wii Bubble

P1011376.jpg

Wii Play - Shooting

P1011357.jpg

P1011356.jpg

Zelda

P1011355.jpg

P1011370.jpg

P1011368.jpg

Mark, Conor and Franklin (Mokong) playing Wii Tennis

P1011373.jpg

Wii Play - Pool

P1011364.jpg

P1011362.jpg

Warioware

P1011361.jpg

P1011360.jpg

P1011359.jpg

Yeah, I was there yesterday as well, I probably saw you. I was the kid in the red american football hoodie and the old school nes shirt. As for the Wii, it was pretty cool. I finished Zelda on my second time round (had to wait half an hour each time for a turn, though). Tennis doubles and bowling was pretty fun, and I thought table tennis on Wii Play worked pretty well. Didn't have my camera cause I went straight from school, so I didn't get any pictures, but yeah, it was good.

Only realised it was Conor from N-Europe when he said he was from here to one of the reps. On a separate note, where was Red Steel?! I was looking forward to seeing how FPSs worked on the Wii. Oh well, still fun.

Wow - just back from the Dublin event, very pleased! Apparently Red Steel glitched up yesterday and they had to remove it and put Rayman in instead, but the Wii is fantastic, every bit as good as I'd hoped. Wii Sports is hilarious :D And Zelda...well what can I say, it's Zelda.

I also think I saw Conor and Franklin there again taking photos and videos, maybe they spotted me?

Wow - just back from the Dublin event, very pleased! Apparently Red Steel glitched up yesterday and they had to remove it and put Rayman in instead, but the Wii is fantastic, every bit as good as I'd hoped. Wii Sports is hilarious :D And Zelda...well what can I say, it's Zelda.

I also think I saw Conor and Franklin there again taking photos and videos, maybe they spotted me?

Oh, that makes sense to do with Red Steel, although Wii Play was there yesterday, not Rayman. I suppose in the end I'm pretty happy about that, cause I was planning on getting Wii Play, but not Red Steel anyway. Gave me a chance to give it a test-drive. I was pretty sad that they didn't just take out the 'living room' set-up and put in more games or more consoles with the same games, at least it would've reduced the queues, but again, oh well.

Yeah, I was there yesterday as well, I probably saw you. I was the kid in the red american football hoodie and the old school nes shirt. As for the Wii, it was pretty cool. I finished Zelda on my second time round (had to wait half an hour each time for a turn, though). Tennis doubles and bowling was pretty fun, and I thought table tennis on Wii Play worked pretty well. Didn't have my camera cause I went straight from school, so I didn't get any pictures, but yeah, it was good.

I was wearing a UCD hoodie. I saw a kid with a red Nintendo hoodie was that you?

What's Rayman like? I was so disappointed they didnt have RedSteel there at all....

I was wearing a UCD hoodie. I saw a kid with a red Nintendo hoodie was that you?

No, I saw him as well, but I was in a different red hoodie. I may have just been looking round the rest of the show when you were there, had some pretty cool stuff. Thinking about it though, I think I remember seeing someone in a UCD hoodie at the Wii stand. Might've been you.

I was in the RDS today. Wii Sports seems to have longer lines whenever I went near it. So I died in Zelda straight away because I sucked, then I played Excite Truck and Rayman, came back to Zelda, got three minutes, played Excite Truck, came back to Zelda and completed the dungeon. It was all good fun but the waiting was horrible (not to mention some people cut in :P).

I think I saw those N-Europe guys around. Of course, they didn't know who I was so I didn't bother talking to them. XP

I'm thinking of going again by taking the DART but what if I don't pass off as 16. I'd have to go all the way back. :(

Also after playing the Wii, the Xbox 360 stand was so very dull. :( God, 4 more weeks, it's going to be Hell. :P