N-Europe

Wii Retail Details

Dante

He's wrong. NoE have confirmed that the Wii console will cost 250 euros, the games will most likely cost 60 euros, and the Wii-mote (not counting the nun-chuck) will cost around 40 euros.

Not in Ireland though, we get ripped off with everything.

He's wrong. NoE have confirmed that the Wii console will cost 250 euros, the games will most likely cost 60 euros, and the Wii-mote (not counting the nun-chuck) will cost around 40 euros.

No I'm not. NOE's €250 is a suggested retail price. I guarantee Europeans will pay at least €260 and as much as €280

No I'm not. NOE's €250 is a suggested retail price. I guarantee Europeans will pay at least €260 and as much as €280

I don't know... the suggested retail price is always the one I've seen in stores here, maybe with a difference of a couple of euro (more or less, depending on what store). I'd be surprised if stores here would charge more than the suggested price all of a sudden.

Guest Stefkov

Am i the only one who doesnt like those wiimote gloves?

I just cant think of putting one of them over it, I think it would make it look less nice.....

However those dog tags are pretty awesome.

Marketing gimmicks at it's best.

I might've bought one of those controller grips seeing as I do get sweaty palms when playing an intense game.

But a pack of 3? Suck my balls Nintendo.

They're just copying the iTunes model.. the iTunes accesory market was swelling and the quality of the products wasn't being regulated.

Apple stepped in offering it's own overpriced and licensed accesories to plug the market from cheap ones.

Nintendo has taken one step early to ensure that cheap nasty accesories are not going to ruin a huge potential market.

Anyone remember these?

GammeiPodSocks.gif

They were about £20 for a box, packaging's mighty familiar too huh?

My only advice is don't buy into the hype.. dog tags? What the hell is that about?

How is that going to get you a chick.. ROFL. I wear the big N around my neck not Jesus.

Will US points cards and Wii-motes work on European VC's and Wii's?

Wii motes, likely. Virtual Console cards? Unlikely I say.

Iwata said they're following a hybrid of the Xbox Arcade and iTunes models.. seeing as $20 on iTunes buys you 20 songs individually and only about 14 on the UK store lots of people would import.

iTunes stops this because of VAT etc..

According to gamefront.de based on Revogamer Wii first party titles will indeed only cost 50€ however 3rd party titles will cost 60€ and Twilight Princess will cost 60€ as well. The article only states them for Spain though but I think it's safe to assume that this will be the RRP for all of Europe.

I think it's a good thing for the consumer to lower prices but a bad thing for 3rd parties. After all Nintendos first party titles are 3rd party's enemy because they often are prefered over a 3rd party game with the same theme and 10€ less will even increase their sales.