N-Europe

Virtual Console - All you need to know

Tellyn

Goldeneye would require a formal agreement between Nintendo (who probably own the code), EON Pictures (who own the Bond rights) and Activision (who now own the rights to make Bond games). I can't see that its too difficult. I don't think Rare or MIcrosoft would actually feature in this agreement.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goldeneye would require a formal agreement between Nintendo (who probably own the code), EON Pictures (who own the Bond rights) and Activision (who now own the rights to make Bond games). I can't see that its too difficult. I don't think Rare or MIcrosoft would actually feature in this agreement.

Surely the original stuff (Like Dr Doak, weapon names, Rare's logo etc), would need permission from Rare? (but probably not Microsoft)..but then, DKC is on the VC, but we have no idea if Nintendo asked Rare about it.

Well, at least Nintendo are looking into what they can do with it.

but then, DKC is on the VC, but we have no idea if Nintendo asked Rare about it.

slightly different because Nintendo published the game aswell as own the donkey kong franchise, with bond its more complicated as they never owned the Bond rights, they don't own the code for the game either and it is further complicated by a new publisher owning the rights.

The Virtual Consoles quite a fun feature, having so many games a few clicks away is most tempting. I might delve back into it...:p

Not so tempting for one who has to spend 15-30 minutes getting it connected via the WiFi Connector first.

I know, thats the thing, the ESRB rating is for Zombies Ate My Neighbours, so I'm guessing it's for the American version of the game, which could in some far fetched way mean that other American games could come out here...

Bah, I'm just getting my hopes up.

EDIT: Wait a second...ESRB isn't the European ratings board! I'm just being stupid...

WOW! Zombies is coming! I loved that game! :love:

Anyone know what games we're getting in Europe this Friday?

I have my fingers crossed for Streets of Rage, since America got it this week.

The ROMs in the server are:

- Kid Icarus (NES)

- Chew Man Fu (Turbografx)

- Unidentified N64 game (your guess is as good as mine)

I couldn't identify the N64 game because no region has screenshots up for it yet. Europe will be the first region to get the third N64 VC game, but I haven't got a clue as for which one it is.

Ocarina of Time, maybe?

The ROMs in the server are:

- Kid Icarus (NES)

- Chew Man Fu (Turbografx)

- Unidentified N64 game (your guess is as good as mine)

I couldn't identify the N64 game because no region has screenshots up for it yet. Europe will be the first region to get the third N64 VC game, but I haven't got a clue as for which one it is.

Ocarina of Time, maybe?

Kid Icarus is a must. Im very interested in the new N64 game, wonder what it could be.

slightly different because Nintendo published the game aswell as own the donkey kong franchise, with bond its more complicated as they never owned the Bond rights, they don't own the code for the game either and it is further complicated by a new publisher owning the rights.

As i recall Nintendo licensed the rights to the film and passed development duties to Rare. Rare becomes subcontracted to code the game and therefore when they hand the work over to Nintendo upon completion they also hand the code and rights to them also. Its like a building firm who are contracted to build a new block of flats, they might do the work, but don't own the buiding. At least i think that's be the case.

Back to this weeks VC titles. Kid Icarus! The N64 game is bound to be Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Surely anything else would've been noted on US or Japanese VC release schedules.

Back to this weeks VC titles. Kid Icarus! The N64 game is bound to be Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Surely anything else would've been noted on US or Japanese VC release schedules.

Well, NoE has said that we will be getting Ocarina of Time "soon" over a month ago, too. I'm hoping for something else, tho. (I can already play it with the GameCube controller on the Wii)