NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

Serious?!?! Thanks for the update. I'm off to download it now :grin:

Thank you Nintendo!!!

EDIT : Oh noes! I only have 700 points :( Something to look forward to in the New Year then.

Got it downloading as we speak. Okay i'm gonna say something that might surprise everyone but...

Thank you Nintendo of Europe :D

Yay it's up! Etc.

I know we got Donkey Kong Country last December, I'm pretty sure I bought it Boxing Day... anyway. Mark my words, we'll get it tonight.

You psychic! :o

Come on come on come on, if it goes up later tonight for us it shall be mine and completed by day break! (103% cos I don't feel hardcore enough to do it 105% tonight.)

N-Europe holds you to this now, heheh!

Okay i'm gonna say something that might surprise everyone but...

Thank you Nintendo of Europe :D

Surprising indeed, but credit where it's due!

It truely is a Christmas miracle! God bless us, EVERYONE! :)

A special thanks to Darksnowman for buying it for me for Christmas even though I told him not to. Thanks again Steve.

Been playing it for an hour or so this morning and have got 30% completion, just reached the 3rd world now.

I fired through the first four worlds last night. Turned out I wasn't hardcore enough to do the whole thing. :( However by the time Shadow had posted here I had gifted it, downloaded it and aced the first world so ha. The only level so far I haven't done fully is Tracker Barrel Trek (or whatever) in Cottontop Cove. I really hate those Waterfall levels though so I couldn't be bothered to go back through it a second time last night. K3 awaits, snow time!

One thing, its full screen and faster. Doing some bonus rooms has been a bit tight against the clock where I never had bother before. And I had to do Riverside Race TWICE before I beat the time, on the Snes that was simple!

Whoever has this, do the following:

File select screen

Press LRR LRR LR LR (I think thats it, I never really think about it when I do it!)

Input MERRY

Dixie will weep

Now get into your file and into a bonus room. Festive!

Whhheeee!

Only just found out mind. Been out all day, and Ill have no time to play it for a good few days! Oh well. Itll be waiting. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Agh! The level Tidal Trouble - I always remember not being able to get the bonus barrell just after the halfway point? How do I get it?

Im attempting Kiddy, rolling off and jumping but I dunno? :confused::(

ReZ, you roll off and jump just as you make contact with the water and he'll bounce up still rolling, then you do it a second time and you'll be up at the bonus barrel. Another way of doing it is having both Kongs, Kiddy leading, and jump into the Booty Birds face, killing Kiddy. Now as you get control of Dixie, be sure to leap up and get helicoptering and you'll glide over to the bonus.

Its too easy man, wait til you get to the waterfall levels... and eventually Swoopy Salvo. You have a tough road ahead! :heh:

I'm not sure what percent I'm at, but I haven't aced K3 nor Razor Ridge as yet. I got what was there to be had, but I didn't replay the levels yet to perfect things. When I play again I'll either go back and do that or dive into Kaos Kore myself- Lightning, Lookout! and those other levels are class. Back at K3 in Krevice Kreepers (I think) Koin foiled me, in that level I can never mind how to get him- I remember the last time I played this, on GBA, that I got him with ease in this level and thought I'd remember how to do it from now on. But I've forgot, its likely obvious, but its always stumped me in every playthrough.

Still a good game, and its providing a newfound challenge (like DKC and DKC 2) cos of the Classic Controller.

Gah, you beat me to it! In fairness, I've been juggling it between Mario Galaxy, Linky and his crossbow and Phantom Hourglass... so I kinda have an excuse. Did you use a guide? I bet you did. :heh:

I hope you enjoyed it anyway (you must have, anyone would) and as someone just said to me in Phantom Hourglass: "ain't a single living person who doesn't like a present," or words to that effect. So quit moaning and replay the game to get 105%!

Them Americans got DKC 3? o.O

Come on come on come on, if it goes up later tonight for us it shall be mine and completed by day break! (103% cos I don't feel hardcore enough to do it 105% tonight.)

LIES! It's all LIES!

The next N64 to be released on the Virtual Console (in Japan at least) is 1080 Snowboarding. Also of note for upcoming releases are Devil World (I think that's the one that features the screen moving demon who's an assist in Brawl) and Phantasy Star 2.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=32414

I'm not sure they'd do that for a VC game, no controls have been modified to my knowledge so far.

Nintendo should modify 1080 so it uses the Wii balance board.

No not for a VC game.... for a new 1080 game, HELL YEAH.

Only modification I'd like to see is online vs

I think there's none for today but I haven't went to check the channel, just heard that.

Don't like 1080 much. Give us 3rd party games!!