NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

Do you guys think it would be a good idea to release Smash Brothers 64 prior to Brawl's release?

What were adding when Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles were connected? Just extra levels? Thats do-able right?

I want: Command and Conquer 64, Hybrid Heaven, ISS64/98 and a Majora's Mask without all those sound irregularities. AND a Pokemon Stadium with the gameboy adventure included! ^^

Do you guys think it would be a good idea to release Smash Brothers 64 prior to Brawl's release?

What were adding when Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles were connected? Just extra levels? Thats do-able right?

I want: Command and Conquer 64, Hybrid Heaven, ISS64/98 and a Majora's Mask without all those sound irregularities. AND a Pokemon Stadium with the gameboy adventure included! ^^

Hmm it makes sense to release old titles when new incarnations come out (either just before or just after to warm you up/ride on the success). When did Mario 64 get added?

Because they could do this with Mario Kart too.

When did Mario 64 get added?

Think it was available since launch. I hope they release SSB before Brawl since I missed out on that one. Same with Super Mario Kart.

Yeah they do it a lot, would make perfect sense. Super Mario Bros. 3 was out before Galaxy.

New EU releases:

Cybernator (Konami/NCS Corp) (SNES)

Light Crusader (Sega/Treasure) (Mega Drive)

Rolling Thunder 2 (Sega/Namco) (Mega Drive)

CYBERNATOR! I loved that game as a kid, and was saddened when the cart gave up its ghost a couple of years ago.

Now I can play it again. :D

Nice to see a Snes game in the mix, but I still won't be getting anything this weekend. Are the two Megadrive games any use? I have Cybernator on the Snes still, I never got by the second level lol. It was too difficult but its still a great old game so anyone who likes some shooting should look into it.

Okay guys, I need some advice here. What good RPGs are there? Breath Of Fire is one that I might download but is there any other ones up on the VC at all? You know me, i'm a sucker for RPGs and I need my fix.

Not the ones lik OoT, ALTTP or anything, ones that you level and get stat upgrades. Thanks in advance guys :)

Okay guys, I need some advice here. What good RPGs are there? Breath Of Fire is one that I might download but is there any other ones up on the VC at all? You know me, i'm a sucker for RPGs and I need my fix.

Not the ones lik OoT, ALTTP or anything, ones that you level and get stat upgrades. Thanks in advance guys :)

Theres Shining Force which is like Fire Emblem in a way. Shining in the Darkness which is a cool old skool RPG that was on the Megadrive but it may not have aged well and it may not be to your liking. Also I hear Actraiser is pretty good but I never played that.

Just go to youtube and check out the some vids of the 2 Shining games that I mentioned.

Deja vu, did you not ask this a while ago Shadow? Maybe it was someone else. Like you say, theres Breath of Fire II- I've got it and would reccommend it. Shining Force and Shining in the Darkness also spring to mind, the first is Fire Emblemesque game that I have been meaning to get since it was uploaded but keep saving my points... maybe the stars to Wii points conversion will finally secure me it! But as for Shining in the Darkness, I've only read about it and heard Hero-of-Time bigging it up on here so ask him about it or read about it yourself. :heh:

Zelda II is on it and is kinda stat based in a way and thats about all I can think of. There are a couple on the Turbo Gfx-16, Neutopia I think but from what I've read they are more Zelda-based than stat based.

Hope that helps!

Check out vc-reviews.com if you need any more inspiration.

EDIT: Hero got in before me there when I was typing lol, but I have Actraiser and its pretty decent. Dunno if its what your looking for because it blends SimCity with sidescrolling running, platforming and slashing. Still class for an old game, but not an RPG in the sense that BoF II is. Theres also Goemon, also not stat based but you cannot go wrong with it!

Thanks for the recommendations guys. Gonna check out some videos on Youtube and see what they're like. If it's true that some stars are burning at the end of December i'm getting some Wii Points.

And chances are I have asked this before (I think I have) a while ago, but at the time there wasn't very many RPGs that interested me.

Thanks again!

Say I wanted a scrolling arcade space shooter. Which one would you recommend to me?

Thanks for the recommendations guys. Gonna check out some videos on Youtube and see what they're like. If it's true that some stars are burning at the end of December i'm getting some Wii Points.

And chances are I have asked this before (I think I have) a while ago, but at the time there wasn't very many RPGs that interested me.

Thanks again!

Hi im new. Anyways, if you are into RPGs, did you ever play the Secret Of mana Games for the snes? Those were awesome although i only got to play them on my emulator. If those become available. then I wholeheartedly recommend one of those. Especially the 3rd one which was never released in europe. goes by the name of Sieken Densetsu 3 i think. Multiple endings with you being able to choose a starting character out of 7 i think, each with different stories but all related and build that character up in different ways gaining them different types of skills. You also can pick up two other team mates out of the 6 that you did not pick, and they react to your character differntly. For example one of the characters is a werewolf, some like this, others dont.

I really hope this game is made available on the VC. I would rush out and get them Wii points then.

Cool. That actually sounds like a pretty good RPG actually. Multiple ending and stories gives it a lot of replay value and i'm sure i've heard about the Secrets of Mana before.

I'll be sure to download any of them if it hits the VC. Thanks for the recommendation :)

Yeah I haven't even played through all of them (hate magic users) but I read that Sqare Enix were making games for the VC and they have the rights so hopefully one day they shall make an appearance.

I'm stuck in SMB3. Literally. I got game over in World 2 and got sent back to the first spot on the map. Now I can't move anywhere, all I get is the error sound which you hear when you can't move further in that spesific direction, and I can't access the spot Mario is standing on. The only thing that works is the item menu but that does not help me.

Meh, I would be excited if I didn't have it on the N64. There's only 2 N64 games I don't have on the VC so far and i've downloaded them. Hell I have most 1st Party games, i'm more interested in 3rd party ones. I really want Mystical Ninja Goeman. Loved that game. I always use to rent it from my library.

Finally bought me Shining in the Darkness ( and Pokemon Snap ) now I will see if the old RPG still holds its own.

Got 1900 points to spend but not sure what to get. I may wait til thursday to see what arrives if nothing does then I will probably snap up Yoshis Stroy as I only ever finished that once on the N64 and I cant really remember it.

Be sure to let us know whether Shining in the Darkness lives up to your memories. If so then I'll move it up my "to get" list. Also, go easy on downloading those N64 games man, the internal memory won't go on forever!

Be sure to let us know whether Shining in the Darkness lives up to your memories. If so then I'll move it up my "to get" list. Also, go easy on downloading those N64 games man, the internal memory won't go on forever!

Will do!

Dont worry about space I can just eat some food out of the fridge and then some space will arrive on my VC....no wait that aint right....