N-Europe

Virtual Console - All you need to know

Tellyn

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd forgot all about the VC last night. I haven't downloaded the last Phantasy Star yet but isn't this third one meant to be the worst in the series...?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you thinking Phantasy Star Online III?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you thinking Phantasy Star Online III?

Lol, C.A.R.D? I dunno about it, haven't played it... but correct me if I'm wrong but surely a GC game hasn't been uploaded to the shop channel? :heh: What I mean is that I'm sure I've read that out of these old Phantasy Star games, there is one thats a bit of a low point... so is it III?

Lol, C.A.R.D? I dunno about it, haven't played it... but correct me if I'm wrong but surely a GC game hasn't been uploaded to the shop channel? :heh: What I mean is that I'm sure I've read that out of these old Phantasy Star games, there is one thats a bit of a low point... so is it III?

I never played the original Phantasy Star's, so I guess 3 could just be an unlucky number for Sega. I just assumed you heard about PSO III being underwhelming and got them mixed up.

I wouldn't be the best person to tell you anyway, I love pretty much anything Sega make. :p

Simply awesome news....

Now we are starting to get somewhere. Interplay has announced that they will be bringing Earthworm Jim 1 & 2, Boogerman, and Clay Fighter to the Virtual Console ‘later this year’. While I don’t really care about Boogerman, I am more than excited for the arrival of Earthworm Jim and ClayFighter. No date has been set for these releases, but we do know that the Genesis versions of these games will hit the VC.

From GoNintendo

I cant wait to play Earthworm Jim again.

I wonder why Nintendo hasn't released SMK yet.Maybe,Super Metroid sold poorly prior to Corruption launch.

Anyway,I am sure sure that all the titles will be released eventually.But I am really afraid that I wont be able to buy all of them due to memory limitations.

Nintendo,please release a HDD!!!:shakehead

Regarding HDD:

What do you want with a HDD? I mean you can't even load VC games and save games from SD card. So it is pretty useless to release a HDD from which you can't load anything.

They first should make it possible to load VC games and WiiWare games (and maybe also save games) from the SD card and if they allow the usage of higher SD cards than 2GB too than this should be more than enough anyway and would be way better then if they release a HDD (especially as it would be way overpriced probably).

Regarding HDD:

What do you want with a HDD? I mean you can't even load VC games and save games from SD card. So it is pretty useless to release a HDD from which you can't load anything.

They first should make it possible to load VC games and WiiWare games (and maybe also save games) from the SD card and if they allow the usage of higher SD cards than 2GB too than this should be more than enough anyway and would be way better then if they release a HDD (especially as it would be way overpriced probably).

I want a HDD with the ablity to load directly from it.

I know that better SD card functionality is way more simpler and to this point I have to agree with you.With a system update this problem would be fixed pretty easily.But,the only reason I prefer a HDD is for the possible opportunities utilising it.

With a HDD we could see MMO's coming to Wii , it will be much easier for Nintendo to announce more CD-based consoles for VC such as Sega-CD and Saturn and finally we could see some additional content for existing retail games and even Wii demos.

Snes MK is all i want, i really was expecting it with the release of MK Wii

Me too.I suppose that Nintend found that a VC release eventually hurt sequl sales if metroid Prime 3 is any indication.

As it seems,in May we wont see any N64 releases at all and the few SNES games are nothing out of this world.

We should expect the heavy releases around software droughts likely.

As for the storage solution,why aren't we more agressive?There is a HDD petition that noone seem to interested in.

If we push the HDD thing,maybe we could at least manage to make them to upgrade SD card functionality.

Any way,this is begond ridiculous.In one month we have WiiWare launch and I dont know anything we can do!Have hou read how many blocks a WiiWare title requires?It varies from 190-300.

There is no way I can afford buying all the games I want with the current situation about intenal memory.

Do you have the same problem?

Ninty are going to have to do something eventually regarding storage. What with VC, WiiWare & the fact that some games, ie GH3, Pro Evo, Mariokart, endless ocean etc won't let copy the save to sd card !!! & some of them savefiles are quite big.

I stopped downloading VC games a while ago, ( got 5 vc games ) it is bound to affect vc & wiiware sales as people only have a small fridge to fill so become more reluctant, choosy with what they purchase, thinking '' if i get this now, something better might come along which i won't be able to fit in my fridge. Surely WiiWare developers want Nintendo to rectify this problem.