N-Europe

Wii Sports - full game details with new logo

Cookyman

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not featured enough to do what those games did.

It's more of a Metroid Prime Hunters demo than what Brain Trainer and Nintendogs will do.

Expect Nintendogs Wii and Brain Academy Wii to do that job.

For me this is no more than a demo, it'll be fun for a couple of hours before you realise that you've mastered how to get a home run every time and win against the others.

For me this is no more than a demo, it'll be fun for a couple of hours before you realise that you've mastered how to get a home run every time and win against the others.

But if it's as accurate as they say then you could never truly 'master' it, that's like saying you'll get a strike every time you bowl 'cause you know how and where to bowl!! To replicate button pressing is easy, yo replicar whole arm motion is nigh on impossible!!

But if it's as accurate as they say then you could never truly 'master' it, that's like saying you'll get a strike every time you bowl 'cause you know how and where to bowl!! To replicate button pressing is easy, yo replicar whole arm motion is nigh on impossible!!

I've read coments from people whove played Baseball saying that it doesn't take long to get a home run every time.

I was thinking that too. The sensor bar supposedly can measure the speed of your swing or how hard your 'rolling' the ball. Throw in hooking and slicing and youve got a hard game to master. Its got lots of potential. I wonder if you throw more damaging punches in Wii Boxing depending on how hard you jab the Wiimote

Anyway new image!

Expect Nintendogs Wii and Brain Academy Wii to do that job.

I don't think Nintendogs would be successful on the Wii. I think the only reason it made so many people buy it on DS was because its portable and you can take it with you. I don't think people would want to turn on a Wii just to play with a dog. And also the price...what was it like £110 for the DS with Nintendogs? It's going to be more like £200 for a Wii with nintendogs.

Aaaannndd on a sort of related topic...I don't think games which worked well on the DS will work so well on the Wii. I haven't played so I can't comment but I don't think Trauma centre will be that good...it'll be like performing an oporation from a distance.

They should make a DS to Wii adapter (or wireless) where you can use your DS screen to control the game but the output appear on the Wii screen...again this would kinda be weird cus you'd need to look at your DS and TV screen at the same time.

Guest Stefkov
I love the look of this game. I am happy it's packages in with the Wii. I'll be picking up three extra Wii-mote Nunchuck attachments for this.

QFT, although I will be getting one with Wii Play. I'm gonna have to get another 2 wiimotes for this game, a great party game this would be.

I am really excited about Wii sports. That image above has boosted my expectance of it. The graphics look lovely, nice and bright.

• 3 weeks later...

A bit surprised to see so many downers about Wii sports here. Personally, I'm looking forward to it.

In a long run it'll probably become the "Luigi's Mansion" of Wii where we say it was fun while it lasted and it was a good "Welcome to Wii!" game. But I think it's important to bear in mind that playing experience is the key here and I reckon I will have lots of fun with it from time to time.

I certainly wouldn't diss this just because you can't move the characters. That's just kind of missing the point really. If it manages to be enjoyable, they can peg down the characters half way down the earth for all I care. This isn't trying to become the next Microsoft Flight Simulator.

To Phube- Matt's been playing this a fair bit over the Summer and he's pretty much mastered everything except Bowling.

All the other games are too helpful, you could have to be either armless or mentally handicapped to not master the other games in a short period of time.

I'm still hyped for bowling because if it's hard (and scoreboards indicate this for sure) then I'll play it.

Nintendodrk are you joking? If you've been paying as much attention to IGN's coverage as you make out you'll find that they HAVE mastered bowling, so much in fact they can get a strike every time as they've found the 'cheat'!!

I think this game will be good fun for a while, good in multiplayer and an absolute cert for getting non-gamers to play Wii - genius freebie by Nintendo!