N-Europe

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

Aussie

Not necesarily. There is a very big chance that BK once linked with donkey kong 64 via sns. Theoretically, any Rareware game can have a stop n swop feature

Yea. It's similar to Smash Bros. Melee (Pikmin save = Pikmin trophy), just on a larger scale and it requires getting items in one of the games.

Items you could collect in Banjo Kazooie would have unlocked some stuff in Banjo Tooie. This would have required you to load Banjo Kazooie, get to the right menu, pull it out and stick in Banjo Tooie.

Towards the end of development, Rare decided that the risk of damage to the system was too high to include the function in the games. So the items were "hidden" - you needed very long codes to "unlock" the ability to get them.

One of the items - an ice key - was still visible in the final game, behind an unmelt/breakable wall of ice.

Now that game saves are saved on consoles, this kind of system should be very easy to implement.

You could still collect some of the eggs, and for the rest the places they were hidden remained. Also, with Action Replay you could collect the rest I think. Then they dropped it, and they put a different Ice Key in Tooie, which was where you unlocked the Dragon Kazooie thing.

Though I like the idea of having the games on XBLA and then integrating with each other...damn that would be awesome. Finally we get the games as intended!

Here you go with the second set of 6 answered questions!

QUESTION 7

Is this game going to have more or equal freedom to the previous Banjo games?

YES - Ignore the bit that says 'or equal'.

QUESTION 8

Is the game going to be physically much larger in terms of levels, overworld, etc?

NO - I agree that some of the worlds in Banjo-Tooie were a little too complicated and we have tried to ensure the worlds in the new game are interesting to navigate without being overly complex.

QUESTION 9

Will there be a new hub world this time?

YES - You've seen Grunty's Lair and Isle o' Hags, now get ready for "Conflagration Violent" (work this out and you'll have the answer to one of richjonny's questions)

QUESTION 10

Are there clues in the Christmas card related to Banjo-Threeie?

YES - Even we wouldn't be so cruel as to send you completely in the wrong direction!

QUESTION 11

Are you more than half way finished with the game?

YES - Also more than halfway towards a nervous breakdown! There, that neatly sidestepped putting my neck on the block as regards a release date!

QUESTION 12 (I thought it only fair to answer the first one asked...)

Is Mumbo going to be the main Shaman in B3 (e.g performing the transformations again, assuming transformations are back)?

YES - But he has a new role. As does Humba.

BONUS QUESTION

Is that Grunty's head in the fireplace of your Christmas Card?

YES

This festive fun is at an end,

Many questions you did send,

Sorry to those that got no reply,

Grunty will laugh if you have a cry,

Thanks to all the fans on here,

Hope you have a happy new year!

You could still collect some of the eggs, and for the rest the places they were hidden remained. Also, with Action Replay you could collect the rest I think.

No action replay was needed - you had to enter codes in the sandcastle.

More freedom? Yay!

the sandcastle codes were not the correct way to get the items. They were the debug version! There was origionally another way to get the eggs/key without the codes. Evidence of this came from when I was playing on bk on my computer.

Now I'm not going to get into all that rom/ hacking stuff but basically I found 2 different broken textures for the ice wall blocking the ice key. The first texture is when there is nothing there which is generated through the sandcastle. The second one has broken glass around the edges as if it has truly been broken by a weapon

Much in has happened with Bk3 news in the last couple of weeks. From we at the rarewitchproject have gathered, the new hub world in bk (called Confligation Violent) is going to be a fiery overworld. Also note that old levels from bk and bt will be in the game

Heres my view of the game

. Grunty still has no body, but finds a key hidden in the lair, which causes banjos world to erupt!

. The eruption causes Grunty to gain a fiery body

. With Spiral mountain about to blow, banjo must prevent Spiralmountain from exploading. In order to do this he must enter this new fiery hub world and collect jiggies. The only source of power capable enough to stop his world ending.

You could still collect some of the eggs, and for the rest the places they were hidden remained. Also, with Action Replay you could collect the rest I think. Then they dropped it, and they put a different Ice Key in Tooie, which was where you unlocked the Dragon Kazooie thing.

Though I like the idea of having the games on XBLA and then integrating with each other...damn that would be awesome. Finally we get the games as intended!

I bought a gameshark especially for Banjo Kazooie. That is seriously one of the best games ever. I activated a fly anywhere cheat to fly in the ice cavern, basically go through the non-existant ceiling graphics and get the ice key. Then there was another code that made banjo spin to the middle of the screen - which you activated when Banjo showed you the moving photo of climbing that cliff to get the egg (which appeared in your inventory despite it being just a movie he showed you) :P

Then somehow the other eggs popped up too and I got them. A year or two later the official Nintendo mag posted sandcastle codes you could enter to make them appear...saving people the effort of doing what I went through. :p

BK3 may tempt me to buy an Xbox, but unfortunately I don't think it will be anywhere near the magic of BK1...which Banjo Tooie wasn't either really (although good) :(.

I bought a gameshark especially for Banjo Kazooie. That is seriously one of the best games ever. I activated a fly anywhere cheat to fly in the ice cavern, basically go through the non-existant ceiling graphics and get the ice key. Then there was another code that made banjo spin to the middle of the screen - which you activated when Banjo showed you the moving photo of climbing that cliff to get the egg (which appeared in your inventory despite it being just a movie he showed you) :P

Then somehow the other eggs popped up too and I got them. A year or two later the official Nintendo mag posted sandcastle codes you could enter to make them appear...saving people the effort of doing what I went through. :p

BK3 may tempt me to buy an Xbox, but unfortunately I don't think it will be anywhere near the magic of BK1...which Banjo Tooie wasn't either really (although good) :(.

Yeah, I got an Action Replay just for BK1 too :smile:

I doubt Rare will completely bugger up 3, but I'm not expecting it to be at the level of the first.

I thought Tooie was better than Kazooie. (Only just though)

BT for me seemed to be lacking the magic of the first...hard to explain. The music and everything in BK, as well as the freshness (and let's not forget the amazing levels) all put it a notch above the rest for me.

BT also seemed to be filled out with less than fun minigames and lengthy plot cutscenes. It was still really good but I think the levels just weren't as memorable and fun to play as the first. Also Banjo's balls seemed to have dropped in BT when he jumps... a dire shame from the high pitched guy we loved in BK!

BT for me seemed to be lacking the magic of the first...hard to explain. The music and everything in BK, as well as the freshness (and let's not forget the amazing levels) all put it a notch above the rest for me.

BT also seemed to be filled out with less than fun minigames and lengthy plot cutscenes. It was still really good but I think the levels just weren't as memorable and fun to play as the first. Also Banjo's balls seemed to have dropped in BT when he jumps... a dire shame from the high pitched guy we loved in BK!

Yeah, I agree. While the levels were technically better in BK, bigger and more to do, I can still remember the locations of all the notes, jiggies and jinjo's of the first BK level, but not BT. I can rememeber the names of most of the BK levels, but none of Tooie.

The best part of BT was some (some, not all) of the splitting up sections. The best part of BK was the whole damn thing.

BT kinda lacked imagination for me. Though some bits were increadibly funny

'' mumbo play well has much of bears cash''

'' mole look much unwell (dies)''

'' he wasn't the favorite character in banjo kazooie anyway''

Though theres a load of secret areas in banjo tooie, which makes it fun to play

• 1 month later...
"Banjo won't be a shooter (unless we sell no copies like Ghoulies and out of desperation give him a gun for the next game) but it also won't be a traditional platformer," teases the head of the team.

http://rareware.com/extras/scribes/13feb08/index.html

*is now worried*

I realise I haven't seen anything of this new style but I hope they don't move too far away from the first games.

Oh, and also:

"Clanker fans worldwide will be pleased to know that Clanker is making his comeback in the new Banjo game (in fact, I think that's what we'll call it – New Banjo Game). Also making a welcome return is the snowman from Freezeezy Peak, the Mad Monster Mansion and of course videogames' premier toilet – Loggo."

Awesome!

Come on, at least give the full quote so it makes a bit of sense!

Dear Scribes,

I am a longtime fan of all of Rare's titles, especially Banjo-Kazooie. When I heard that a new Banjo title was being released for the Xbox 360, I squealed with joy, because it's just super duper and I love Banjo and I am super excited for it and-- Well, you get the point.

Anyway, one of the things that I loved about the Nintendo 64 was the abundance of platformers. Sadly, with the last two generations platformers have kind of disappeared. With Banjo-Kazooie 3 coming out, though, I am hoping that there will be another platformer released by Rare, only with graphics and controls and things like that that make me mash my hands on the keyboard like this: fljskajkjf;riuiusaduhfiausdbfisdjnkcvnjdshdjjdk,ruwyh43!! So, will you be staying true to the platforming nature of the series or will Banjo be turning into an over-the-shoulder view shooter with lots of blood and gore?

Another thing I loved about Rare games way back when was the multiplayer! Perfect Dark, Banjo-Tooie, and Donkey Kong 64 were all excellent titles with multiplayer modes that added so much more to the game when you finished it. Will there be local and/or live multiplayer modes that we can play with friends online and offline in Banjo-Threeie? Or are these just a little boy's hopes and dreams that will never make it to the big screen?

Well, whatever you do with the series, it's still Banjo, and you're still Rare, so I'm sure I'll love it.

"Banjo won't be a shooter (unless we sell no copies like Ghoulies and out of desperation give him a gun for the next game) but it also won't be a traditional platformer," teases the head of the team. "We somewhat grandly like to think that it will be a different take on the genre. Some would say a brave gamble but I'm confident it's the right decision, and when people see it I'm sure they will say 'although the old games are clearly brilliant, this new one is even better. So good in fact that I am going to sell all my worldly possessions and give the money to the Banjo team'.

"We aren't in the business of crushing little boys' dreams so your multiplayer hopes will be answered. The 'new direction' that Banjo is taking should offer a multiplayer experience unique to anything currently available.

"Each year, stalwart members of the Banjo team don their rose-tinted glasses and play one game of Banjo-Tooie's multiplayer. We eat our Christmas lunch and then play all the games back to back. We still know all the answers to the quiz even after seven years, and I'm pleased to say that I successfully defended my title this year and the others will have to wait all year before they get another shot at the champion."

It could be some form of multiplayer co-op platformer? That'd be interesting...