N-Europe

Lost - Series 3 [spoilers]

Nintendork

I never realised the island was meant to be so big. No wonder there is still loads to discover. plus what could that smoke in the background be?

No WeeYellowBloke

it is the picture of the plane crash that happened 65 days ago.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler.

Wow. That was pretty fu**ing crap eh. The beginning was absolutely awesome...and then it was wow...so downhill. Literally nothing happened. The only other (heh) good thing about the episode was finding out Bens name.

Juliette is hot.

If season 3 carries on like this, Lost = Crap.

Spoiler.

Wow. That was pretty fu**ing crap eh. The beginning was absolutely awesome...and then it was wow...so downhill. Literally nothing happened. The only other (heh) good thing about the episode was finding out Bens name.

Juliette is hot.

If season 3 carries on like this, Lost = Crap.

Totally agree.

Yeah, they revealed a hell of a lot this episode. Few things I just didn't expect at all. Plus the final scene was pretty haunting I think.

I wonder if Henry KNEW how much that phrase (that's why the red sox will never win the world series) means to Jack. It was weird how he just so happened to have the TV set up to the footage of them winning the series. I just think it could be quite significant and I definitely reckon Jack's outlook on things is gonna change a little and he'll agree to work with the others.

The flashback was pretty interesting too. At the end of the first episode I was excited for episode 2 but at the end of this one I'm absolutely DYING to see episode 3.

Or maybe it's just because we get to Locke again in Ep 3. I swear I have some kind of weird man-crush on him!

It though this episode was a bit disappointing compared to last weeks.

The best bit for me was Sawyer unleashing hell briefly after a bit of romancing. It was just such a brilliantly cheesy action hero style moment. Also I just like it when one of the others gets beaten down, I hate them and their whole smug superiority complex. Hopefully Locke will put a few of them in their place with his returning badass-ness.

It though this episode was a bit disappointing compared to last weeks.

The best bit for me was Sawyer unleashing hell briefly after a bit of romancing. It was just such a brilliantly cheesy action hero style moment. Also I just like it when one of the others gets beaten down, I hate them and there whole smug superiority complex. Hopefully Locke will put a few of them in their place with his returning badass-ness.

Yeah, that was good. It was the flashback stuff that I enjoyed the most though, with the interlinking with an earlier Sun/Jin flashback. Great stuff.

Yeah, they revealed a hell of a lot this episode. Few things I just didn't expect at all. Plus the final scene was pretty haunting I think.

I wonder if Henry KNEW how much that phrase (that's why the red sox will never win the world series) means to Jack. It was weird how he just so happened to have the TV set up to the footage of them winning the series. I just think it could be quite significant and I definitely reckon Jack's outlook on things is gonna change a little and he'll agree to work with the others.

Forgive my hazy memory, but what is the significance?

In "Outlaws," Christian Shephard tells Sawyer in Sydney, "That's why the Red Sox will never win the World Series," to indicate his belief in determinism. Jack repeats the saying to Sawyer on the island on October 22nd, not realizing that the Red Sox would begin playing in the World Series the next day and win it five days later. It is this use of the phrase by Jack that first causes Sawyer to realize the man he met was in fact Jack's father. Jack tells him at the end, "Just something my father used to say -- went through life knowing that people hated him. Instead of taking responsibility for it, he just put it on fate. Said he was made that way."

I.E because of Jack's father, who would always use a metaphor with the Red Sox never winning to teach Jack a lesson.