NEurope
Mikey

Half Life 2

HL2: "Orange" (HL2, EP1, EP2, Portal, TF2) is already in development for the 360 and PS3 thanks to EA owning the publishing rights to the Half-Life franchise.

I guess Valve could do something...

This won;t happen. I think they'd struggle to get it running on the Wii.

i dont think so with the wii having more power then the xbox

and the game has only taken , 1,5 gig on the xbox so the wii version they could even improve more then the xbox version

but i wouldnt buy that one couse i already played it, so if they made another one then yes i would buy it

Half Life 3 on Wii instead?

Lol classic Solitanze. I don;t think any of the next gen shooters will be being ported to Wii.

Source is a very scalable engine. HL² was designed to run on a wide variety of PC systems between DirectX6 and DirectX9. With the Xbox version, I think Valve tried to push the console too far, attempting to squeeze as much out of it as possible without enough regard for how well it performed. If a Wii version is on the cards - I doubt it is :sad: - I hope they're more mindful of how well it will perform.

Half Life 3 on Wii instead?

Lol...

HL3 isn't even in being planned yet, never mind in development.

HL2 EP1, EP2 and EP3 were going to be renamed HL3 EP1 etc but it was too late in the development cycle to rename them.

Half-Life 3 will come out in 2010 maybe, unless the episodic content stays.

Half-Life: 1998

Half-Life 2: 2004

Half-Life 3: 2010

Makes sense eh?

Maybe Half life 1 tho, the Wii might just be able to power that

Well if by some magic they decided to do that it couldn't be worse than the PS2 version, FIVE loading screens in the intro, then even more when you enter rooms. That was called Half Life because you spend half your life getting through the intro!

And why couldn't they reproduce Half Life 1 on Wii, update the graphics, few new areas. Add loads of online multiplayer...

I think it's more likely to get a decent looking, smooth running version of Half Life 2 running on Wii than it was for Far Cry so it wouldn't really shock me and I'd like to see it.

*Thread ressurect*

GDC: Valve discusses "the Nintendo factor"

Wrapping up the Monday sessions at GDC's Independent Games Summit, Valve's lovely Kim Swift has taken to the podium to share a few words on how she went from student developer to working on the head-flipping Half-Life FPS Portal.

Surprisingly, Swift points much of her game's success to "the Nintendo factor", which she says helped her straighten out the gameplay in her original student project Narbacular Drop - on which Portal is based.

"We wanted our game to have the Nintendo factor," she told the GDC audience. "We wanted to create one piece of gameplay that could be used for a whole bunch of different things."

"So for example Mario jumps, but with that jump people can do a whole bunch of other things; he can jump on enemies, he can break blocks, he can collect power ups. We wanted the same thing in Narbacular drop too - we wanted portals to be used not just to run away but to be used for a whole bunch of other things."

Source: http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=159352

I don't think that means interest in Nintendo consoles, more in design philosophy.

I think that 2d Game avaliable on Steam is good, the 1 where ur gordon freeman on that, its pretty funny and a good lil game :)

I don't think that means interest in Nintendo consoles, more in design philosophy.
Sure, but being sympathetic and admiring Nintendo is a good reason to work with them, or for their platforms.

Valve has already shown some interest in the past.

Yeah, let's hope they start developing for it. If Half-Life 2 was released on Wii, it would be the best platform for it to get released on.

This doesn't even remotely hint at that though :sad:

She's not even in HL2's design team.

Yeah, let's hope they start developing for it. If Half-Life 2 was released on Wii, it would be the best platform for it to get released on.

This doesn't even remotely hint at that though :sad:

She's not even in HL2's design team.

I don't think the Wii could handle it to be honest. AI think it would suit the 360 more than any other console.

I don't think the Wii could handle it to be honest. AI think it would suit the 360 more than any other console.

I think the Wii could easily handle HL2.

agreed. if it was built just for the wii, they could optimize the set up as such.

The XBox version you must mean?

The Wii couldn't handle the source engine at full steam. (Geddit :hehe:)

The Wii couldn't handle the source engine at full steam. (Geddit :hehe:)

Yeah, it requires at least, like, 1.5ghz about double that of the Wii's processing power. not to mention RAM and VRAM.

Yeah, it requires at least, like, 1.5ghz about double that of the Wii's processing power. not to mention RAM and VRAM.
You can't compare those CPU's directly. For starters home CPU's have 17/30 stages, Wii's CPU is most likely at 7.

That's a lot of efficiency; Wii might not be a super computer but it does surpass a 1,5 GHz home CPU no problem.

Besides it ran in Xbox who actually had a weaker CPU than GC did. (funny since it was clocked at 733 MHz and GC was 486 MHz). That said I wouldn't be satisfied with HL2 Xbox graphics.

As for RAM and VRAM, that's why it's a port, textures will be converted to 256x256 and look fine in SD resolution.

You can't compare those CPU's directly. For starters home CPU's have 17/30 stages, Wii's CPU is most likely at 7.

That's a lot of efficiency; Wii might not be a super computer but it does surpass a 1,5 GHz home CPU no problem.

Besides it ran in Xbox who actually had a weaker CPU than GC did. (funny since it was clocked at 733 MHz and GC was 486 MHz). That said I wouldn't be satisfied with HL2 Xbox graphics.

As for RAM and VRAM, that's why it's a port, textures will be converted to 256x256 and look fine in SD resolution.

Oh, good point.