N-Europe

Should Nintendo be worried?

flameboy

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work at hmv! its slightly different why would they send you only 5 machines and then 20 PGR 3 and controller packs! that would mean leaving 15 of them lying around until you got some more in, surely that wouldn't happen, its a waste of money and leaves way to much tied up in stock which you physically cannot sell, at least with the 80 xboxes you got sent you could technically sell them (if any wanted them!)

Didn't know where you worked, presumed.

We have more than five Pro units (as they are apparently now called), much more. And we did get replenished today. Im just saying, Game lack logic. I'd suspect HMV would get more than us anyway, we're a small town (even if we do better than big towns), and thus the mere existance of a HMV means you are a bigger town.

we are a tiny store, possibly one of the smallest. just it is quite a rich town and there arent really any cd shops, hmv have recently moved there. we onyly opened late june.

anyway dont wanna cause an arguement, just saying! we are from two completely different chains, polar opposites in many ways I reckon!

How does this compete with Nintendo? Only if MS lowers the price of the Core package Nintendo should be worried. These prices are too far away to massively impact the Wii sales.

I don't think they are £350 for the console two controllers and four games. it isnt that far away from how much it would cost to get all the same for the Wii.

roughly worked out for:

Wii Console

Extra Nunchuck and Wiimote

Plus 4 games

it would be:£378

that working out the prices according to play: £180 for machine, £40 a game, £13 nunchuck, £25 wiimote.(obviously have rounded up from the 99p)

even if you counted wii sports as a game and took away the cost of one thats still £338. so theres only £12 difference. and with Microsoft championing the advantages of HD gaming and its better graphics, Im just saying I could see more people turning to the 360.

As flameoy stated the price differential to the Wii is now miniscule, Nintendo must lower the price if they hope to compete.

However, Sony have even more reason to be concerned, and have already lowered the price of the 20GB version + added the HDMI port.

But the response that won applause from the largely Japanese crowd concerned the inclusion of an HDMI port on the 20GB version of the console, and a repricing for Japan. The 20GB version will cost 49,980 yen (EUR 335 / GBP 225), down from 62,790 yen (EUR 421 / GBP 283), Kutaragi said.

Although I really want a Wii, it is starting to look even more way over priced.

Well for japan at least sony have dropped the price of what I would believe to be the 20 gig model to £230 as too many people complained that it cost 3 times as much as the other two give or take.

So its somewhere around 49,000 yen while wii still stands at 25,000 yen ish

I want to add this at the mo in launch day for both japan and America their is not that killer app game that makes you say 'damn I want to play that NOW!!!' Theres been a few 'That looks fun'.

I'm more particulaly wondering if Nintendo will survive in Japan what with Blue Dragon on 360, I have a feeling that the winner of japan this xmas will infact be 360, as there are no RPGS coming out with the wii in Japan

I'm more particulaly wondering if Nintendo will survive in Japan what with Blue Dragon on 360, I have a feeling that the winner of japan this xmas will infact be 360, as there are no RPGS coming out with the wii in Japan

You do realise that the Game Cube sells as well as the 360 in Japan don't you!!???

Ps3 price cut in Japan to add to wii woahs

The non-HD, wired (so pointless Europe won't even get it) version... Bargain!!

Right aand if I lived in Japan and could either afford a Wii or 360 with a true masterpiece of a title like Blue Dragon I know what I would do, oh only about 10 monthes if you believe the rumours until Blue Dragon yahoo!!!!
Japanese people don't work that way... We've known Blue Dragon is coming for months...

But check X360 sales this week.

There's more bought support coming too, like Naruto 360... and even with all that, X360 might still be ignored.

They've got no real chance in japan. Things might get better, but only with big $ losses on Microsoft's side. Their hope is that with Xbox 720 (or something) it sells better at launch.

(dropping support would be pretty bad for their credibility)

Also... japanese people tend to dislike Shooters, a Xbox driving force.

Of course they have a chance, and it would be ignorant to think so, why would therefore Namco-Bandai brin TrustyBell to the 360 in Japan and NA if they knew no one would buy themin Japan.

Answer me this how do you know the 360 won't do better in Japan? You carn't.

I also think your very ignorant to think Japanese people won't work that way - I personally think theres a very small majority of people in Japan who will work that way.

Some Japanese gamers also like games like Tom Clancy Advanced Warfighter - why do you think the english version is the most imported 360 game answer me that

Your very arogant 15 year old boy pedrocaslivia

Of course they have a chance, and it would be ignorant to think so, why would therefore Namco-Bandai brin TrustyBell to the 360 in Japan and NA if they knew no one would buy themin Japan.

I also think your very ignorant to think Japanese people won't work that way - I personally think theres a very small majority of people in Japan who will work that way.

Some Japanese gamers also like games like Tom Clancy Advanced Warfighter - why do you think the english version is the most imported 360 game answer me that

Answer 1: Microsof tpaid them loads of cash!!?

Answer 2: You've answered that yourself... a very small minority will, therefore a ver large majority won't!!!

Am I being arrogant for a 27 year old!!!??

I didn't sat a small minority, I said a small majority

I appologise for mis-quoting you, but what on Earth is a small majority: 51%

So half of all the Japanese (gaming public, being kind) are going to buy an Xbox 360 this winter instead of a Wii, because of a 'decent' game that'll be on the system in 10 months time????

Okay....

You have no idea how the Japanese culture works. It's very hype sensitive - Japanese don't look at quality or price but rather how much it sells. A Japanese person doesn't avoid long queues but goes to look for it, as that's the place where they can buy what's popular.

The Xbox 360 isn't close to a hype in Japan and its poor launch has pretty much screwed up its entire sale prospect. For what reason would the 360 succeed? It really doesn't do anything better for the Japanese than the Xbox did.

To call Pedrocasilva arrogant is hyprocritical ZeldaFreak. Learn to spell.

You have no idea how the Japanese culture works. It's very hype sensitive - Japanese don't look at quality or price but rather how much it sells. A Japanese person doesn't avoid long queues but goes to look for it, as that's the place where they can buy what's popular.

The Xbox 360 isn't close to a hype in Japan and its poor launch has pretty much screwed up its entire sale prospect. For what reason would the 360 succeed? It really doesn't do anything better for the Japanese than the Xbox did.

To call Pedrocasilva arrogant is hyprocritical ZeldaFreak. Learn to spell.

One game by the creator of final fantasy and seen as its listed in famitsu as about the 5th game, loads of the gaming public will buy it there and seen as they are offering a chaeper bundle I can predict what might nay what will happen for microsoft.

Secondly under your called logic of the japanese thinking, then why did any 360 consoles sell.

One game by the creator of final fantasy and seen as its listed in famitsu as about the 5th game, loads of the gaming public will buy it there and seen as they are offering a chaeper bundle I can predict what might nay what will happen for microsoft.

Secondly under your called logic of the japanese thinking, then why did any 360 consoles sell.

it sold due to the small amount of westernised and hardcore gamers-it will never appeal to the mass market in japan and i'm sure he was just saying why it hasnt sold as well as it probably should have.

is that famitsu listing just a most wanted list? if so then yeah the japanese can like some of 360s japanese games, thats what they were designed to do, but when it comes down to actually buying them the japanese have hardly any 360s so no 360 game will ever do as well in japan as say a PSP game or the same 360 game in the west.

so hush ya noise b lol

For the same reason Ferraris sell in Japan. If they don't sell that much doesn't mean that it doesn't sell at all. I'm just saying this heaty, noisy but most of all American product doesn't have what it takes to become popular in Japan. The Wii and PS3 are Japanese, will have a very good launch and through that will continue with a constant stream of sales.

For the same reason Ferraris sell in Japan. If they don't sell that much doesn't mean that it doesn't sell at all. I'm just saying this heaty, noisy but most of all American product doesn't have what it takes to become popular in Japan. The Wii and PS3 are Japanese, will have a very good launch and through that will continue with a constant stream of sales.

I have to disagree with you seen as they are rebranding the 360 in japan, most of all the Ps3 will do well simply because theres only 100,000 for launch there, Nintendo might do ok. the 360 will be the big winner in japan.

BTW Takeo they have loads of 360's in Japan in gamestores, a title like Blue Dragon might sell 0.5 -1million with may help sell betwwen 400K-900k systems. I know you probably will say this is unrealistic, but as Microsoft keeps saying if theres a demand splurge in Japan they can get units there asap