N-Europe

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was weird, but it was also good. Great animation, unlike the manga.

My only gripe with reading it in manga form is of course the media's lack of sound which is obvious. The Naruto series has some brilliant and moving in places music.

But I fucking love Naruto in manga medium, the art has improved so much since the start but I guess the appeal of unravelling the plot as it comes is also a factor in my enjoyment..

I gave up on Shippuden long ago, tried watching it again for this awesome arc, and it's just crap. The animation is lousy and characters just look ugly, especially Diva pain. The episode where Naruto ended up going Kyuubi, where the hell was the rest of Konoha when they were fighting? Was just an open plain. Not to mention it was so diluted in horrid filler.

That Shikamaru episode... Urgh...

I liked the last FMA Movie, but the ending was pathetic. Don't mind if it's to do with the likes of Xing and prequel with Ishbal.

The problem with manga readers is blaming the anime instead of themselves for not enjoying it. When you already know everything, nothing special happens.

I get what you mean by this, but I definitely contend this case myself. I've read many manga titles before anime adaptations were made/watched by myself such as Death Note, Naruto, Gantz, Azumanga Daioh etc and still enjoyed the adaptations despite knowing what's going to happen.

But in my opinion, the Naruto anime as of late has been declining in enjoyment for me, the first arc was absolutely brilliant, held on during the first fillers and then slipped a bit after the Hidan and Kakuzu introduction..

I had enjoyed the original Anime all the way through (well, I didn't bother with the filler), I just don't get what's happening with the quality of the animation these days.

@FMAB Movie: I'll hold my breath before checking where this is going...

Maybe it will just give us a peek on Al's time in in Xing or Ed's journey through the West... I certainly wouldn't mind that

The problem with manga readers is blaming the anime instead of themselves for not enjoying it. When you already know everything, nothing special happens.

While I don't know anything about Naruto, I'm pretty sure there are cases where an Anime can handle things poorly. Or maybe just in a different presentation/perspective, which displeases those who liked the original Manga as it was (I started disliking a lot of aspects of the Death Note anime, and I watched it before I read the manga, for instance).

That said, if the Anime follows the manga story properly, there has to be an incredibly major fuck up for a fan to not enjoy both.

Not in Shippudens case.

I've read many manga series, then watched the anime adaption and enjoyed it fine, enjoying what it is in a laid back approach. But with Shippuden, it's just being handled poorly and can be done much better than this, even with the filler. But it's just going downhill.

Funny you don't see any of the people that only watches the anime complaining, in fact most of us would say that everything went up since the Sai arc ended, and the last episode had in fact great animation just a bit too many liberties were taken with the character's design.

Personally I stopped reading the manga once I noticed it was ruining the anime for me, and it did wonders once it finally caught up to were I was (or at places were I forgot plot details).

Its a long running shounen series, and all of those I can remember (DB, One Piece, Bleach, Naruto) suffer from the same animation and filler problems, so its not really comparable to something like Death Note or FMA with a fixed budget and pre-determined number of episodes.

I've read many manga titles before anime adaptations were made/watched by myself such as Death Note, Naruto, Gantz, Azumanga Daioh etc and still enjoyed the adaptations despite knowing what's going to happen.

Death Note - 37 eps

Gantz -13 eps

Azumanga Daioh - 26 eps

Naruto - 220 + 167 and counting

I've definitely seen better fights wise... Like the last time

that naruto let the tails out in his battle with orchimaru

it was all flashy and speedy, nothing to scream and shout about. Exciting but not as exciting as it COULD have been.

Funny you don't see any of the people that only watches the anime complaining,

No, she didn't outright complain. She did however agree that the fight wasn't particularly good. I remembered it being much better in the Manga, so I went back and re-read it, it was still better.

Other than the slower pace I've been happy with how the show followed the manga until this episode where, not so much the animation (as it was smooth) but the animator/artist. Plus the complete blandness of the fight.

Funny you don't see any of the people that only watches the anime complaining, in fact most of us would say that everything went up since the Sai arc ended, and the last episode had in fact great animation just a bit too many liberties were taken with the character's design.

Personally I stopped reading the manga once I noticed it was ruining the anime for me, and it did wonders once it finally caught up to were I was (or at places were I forgot plot details).

Its a long running shounen series, and all of those I can remember (DB, One Piece, Bleach, Naruto) suffer from the same animation and filler problems, so its not really comparable to something like Death Note or FMA with a fixed budget and pre-determined number of episodes.

I've had a few friends moaning about Shippuden ever since the Itachi and Sasuke fight started, where they started to notice how slow it was going and a bit more bland than it was previously, all being anime only watchers. Point i'm coming across with isn't Naruto manga vs anime, it's anime vs anime. I think you're more right with the characters design also, just some looked rather, eww...

I just think that Shippuden is just taking steps back, I quite enjoyed the whole Kakuzo and Hidan part and all, but at times I feel like i'm just watching ut for the sake of it.

I mean the Naruto and Sasuke fight was awesome, and that was loads of filler, and now looking back to the Naruto series as a whole, it could be much better, it's just not like they're trying as hard anymore. It's made me stop watching a couple of times now. Don't care about the filler etc, it's just how they're handling it these days compared to how they done it before.

Some episodes are pretty good right enough and stand out. With Shippuden they have different teams handling episodes, just a shame that when it's the really good stuff of the arc, it's the filler teams time.

Edited by ShadowV7

Some episodes are pretty good right enough and stand out. With Shippuden they have different teams handling episodes, just a shame that when it's the really good stuff of the arc, it's the filler teams time.

If you're referring to this last episode, its the same team as Naruto vs Sasuke 133 episode (wow, that was an incredibly nerdy thing to say, I feel awesome).

I don't want to turn it into anime vs manga either, just trying to put it in perspective.

Well I probably caused this current Manga vs Anime debate with my link and comments regarding the Anime viewers switching to Manga cause I felt it was the 'better medium'. But I do get the Anime fans views, in the end I'm just damn pissed off the Sasuke vs Itachi fight got a bigger budget than the current one, as I was daaaamn anticipating watching the current one once it was aired.

Watched Highschool Of The Dead ep one and it was great start also it had 28 Days Later song in it. :p

FUNimation -

The North American anime distributor Funimation has announced at its Anime Expo panel on Friday that it licensed the live-action Moyashimon television series

and the Shiki, Black Butler 2, Sekirei ~Pure Engagement~, The Legend of the Legendary Heroes, and Sengoku Basara Two anime series for simulcast as they air in Japan starting this month. Funimation also announced the 2011 licenses of Darker than BLACK Season 2 Shakugan no Shana (Seasons 2, Movie, OVA), Toaru Majutsu no Index, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail, Hellsing Ultimate volumes 5-7, and the Trigun: Badlands Rumble film. Funimation hosted Trigun producer Shigeru Kitayama at its panel.

Funimation announced that it licensed the Geneon anime titles Texhnolyze, Ai Yori Aoshi, Armitage III, Haibane Renmei, Hellsing (television series), Serial Experiments Lain, Tenchi in Tokyo, Tenchi Universe, the Tenchi Muyo! OVAs, and the Tenchi Muyo! movies.

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

If you're referring to this last episode, its the same team as Naruto vs Sasuke 133 episode (wow, that was an incredibly nerdy thing to say, I feel awesome).

That's not nerdy. Knowing that the animator was Norio Matsumoto and that he did it pretty much single handedly is nerdy. I think his work is absolutely outstanding. He also did Lee vs Gaara, Orochimaru/First/Second vs Third Hokage and Sasuke vs Orochimaru in part 1. What he does gets very mixed reviews, mainly because he hugely simplifies features and shadows for the sake of amazing animation. Sometimes characters look a bit odd, but nowhere near as bad as when they get the cheap, crappy animators on the Job.

9lao9y.jpg?1259784143

I am not up to date on Naruto, I have saved up 2 episodes and plan to save up at least 3. I just hate how short they are. Knowing the animation of an episode I've missed is "133-quality" is rather exciting :D

Regarding the quality vs the manga. You manga-only-fans are dead wrong. The anime is currently at an outstanding quality, sure the animation slips a bit but as Shino says, what we see in the anime is new to us, the quality of the story and sheer number of "OMG" moments mean the occasional flaws in design go unnoticed. And animations last longer and come with music and voices and ultimately (IMO) more emotion.

While Shippuuden really dragged its heels at one point, personally I've found it consistently enjoyable ever since Deidera vs Sasuke.

Ah gutted I was expecting to watch 3 Naruto this weekend but there wasn't one this week! There's a double on the 29th which is predicted to be the end of the arc. Maybe I'll wait for that, that would mean waiting 3 weeks from yesterday to watch 6 episodes at once...

That Highschool of the Dead looks interesting, might check it out when the uncensored one is floating about!