Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Wow, I saw a soft subbed raw of Bleach and decided to take a look out of curiosity and I was amazed by how much nicer it is to watch. Almost all artifacting is gone, the picture is much clearer (DB must use a blur filter for some reason, I wouldn't know why) and it has better colours. It is however, 60MB bigger so if hard drive space is an issue for you, you might want to skip. If you watch bleach in monthly installments or don't mind waiting you might want to check it out.

wow.png

wow2.png

The file is an mkv using dattebayo's translation softsubbed, that might not appeal to you.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i saw the first episode of both Kurenai and Soul Eater

Kurenai - Pretty disappointing, considering its by the studio who did Baccano! Last year. Characters were all pretty meh, all quite unexciting. And the soundtrack seemed to suck. Im all for piano but not as the entire background music... The main dude's arm seemed quite interesting though...

Soul Eater - This is more like it. Abit overhyped for me and abit odd but it looked gawgus, superbly animated. And i got it hd which was nice.

And while im at it, i watched a couple of first episodes from animes out years ago, that i just got round to watching

Samurai Champloo - Awesome, awesome, awesome. Bebop - Jazz + Hip Hop - space age + Samurais

Welcome to the NHK - Not my kinda thing but i surprisingly i really enjoyed it. Amusing, good music.

Its because of gif's limited amount of colours, that wall with the fire probably didn't help. PNG can be used for animation as well can't it? maybe try that but your probably better waiting for somebody else to comment as I don't know that much about graphics.

I wanted to make some nice gif's of soul eater and I ended up with this atrocity:

SoulEaters.gif

Does Soul Eater just have a bad pallet for this? I tried multiple programs and settings and I just couldn't get it to look better.

Same gif that is better than yours that i have found on another anime board.

imageer0.gif

to make an anime gif you need to use virtual dub to resize it and take out a load of frames, export it as a gif and work on it a bit to resize it.

Here's another gif of what you were making from naruto fan boards

SlashySlashySIGgif.gif

(guess it wasn't a very original idea ;))

edit: anyone got the lone wolf sub of soul eater? looks a lot better....

11 seconds was before he went to hueco mundo, before he knew Inoue had been taken. My guess is it's his anger that made it work better, plus being in Hueco Mundo with a hollow-like reiatsu and basically training through battling (he's had 2 more battles using the mask since then).

Awesome episode though, non?

edit: I don't know anything about soul eater, anyone subbed it yet?

Hell yes! One hell of an episode! Aye, perhaps the anger thing is true. I mean:

When the dorky kicking dude (espada #103) threatened nell, he got angry and SUDDENLY stopped getting his ass whooped. Then owned his #103 ass.

Maybe its a trend.

I think it runs in bleach/naruto/shippuuden too, every time the lead character gets their ass beaten about. Then for some reason or another a loved person gets mentioned..(nell,orihime,sasuke,etc) they go mental and own the enemy.

Or maybe thats just me.... :wtf:

I'm downloading Soul Eater episode 1 as we speak :)

to make an anime gif you need to use virtual dub to resize it and take out a load of frames, export it as a gif and work on it a bit to resize it.

Here's another gif of what you were making from naruto fan boards

SlashySlashySIGgif.gif

(guess it wasn't a very original idea ;))

That's basically what I was doing except i was importing the video in flash and exporting it as gif, I also didn't remove frames, which I guess I'll give a go now but that shouldn't effect the colours so much and look more like his.

Spedup.gif

EDIT: And heh, It's probably the best piece of action most people have watched in a long time, I wasn't expecting to be original. ;)

Just testing my gif skills, or lack of really.

Guest Stefkov

Is it a good size? The AEN one was nearly the size of my screen and I hadn't clicked to make it full screen. Getting it now anyway, I think this episode deserves another watch anyway.

PS: What do you use to watch it? I think it's one of those soft subs and it isn't showing on VLCplayer...the CCCpack is installed.

Soul Eater subs

Hmm, although my japanese understanding skills are non-existant, a few communities I also visit and myself have agree'd that thus far, Lone Wolf is probably the best for image quality, and those with the knowledge commented that the translation is alot more accurate.

I've also caught a glimpse of the uncut version that was on youtube temporarily, there seems to be extra Shinigami-sama sections from all I saw. And looking around, many people are saying that and the still frame of Blair in the bath with cleavage exposed was shown with an the sound of a moaning female in the background after the ad break.

So in other words, the uncut version seems to be not worth subbing, so it looks like groups will be subbing the episodes when they first air rather than waiting for the uncut. Although this might change over time.

I think it runs in bleach/naruto/shippuuden too, every time the lead character gets their ass beaten about. Then for some reason or another a loved person gets mentioned..(nell,orihime,sasuke,etc) they go mental and own the enemy.

Ha yeah but Shippuuden made a sort of ironic comment about it in the latest episode, when Kakashi said "you can't just get a sudden burst in power like the main characters do in these books, it takes training" :b

Guest Stefkov
Soul Eater subs

Hmm, although my japanese understanding skills are non-existant, a few communities I also visit and myself have agree'd that thus far, Lone Wolf is probably the best for image quality, and those with the knowledge commented that the translation is alot more accurate.

I've also caught a glimpse of the uncut version that was on youtube temporarily, there seems to be extra Shinigami-sama sections from all I saw. And looking around, many people are saying that and the still frame of Blair in the bath with cleavage exposed was shown with an the sound of a moaning female in the background after the ad break.

So in other words, the uncut version seems to be not worth subbing, so it looks like groups will be subbing the episodes when they first air rather than waiting for the uncut. Although this might change over time.

I got the Lone Wolf subbed and the quality wasn't that great. It was choppy and it had no subs...the AEN one looked great and had subs. Unless I was doing something wrong.

I got the Lone Wolf subbed and the quality wasn't that great. It was choppy and it had no subs...the AEN one looked great and had subs. Unless I was doing something wrong.

No subs? Hmm, is it an MKV file and you havent enabled the subs in the subtitle section yet?

My copy was pretty good, but there may be a few more sub groups appearing this weekend having a go at the uncut version.

Guest Stefkov
No subs? Hmm, is it an MKV file and you havent enabled the subs in the subtitle section yet?

My copy was pretty good, but there may be a few more sub groups appearing this weekend having a go at the uncut version.

Well, I just learned something new. I didn't know you could enable subtitles in VLC player. I'm genuinely suprised.

The quality is still pretty bad though...

Fancy pming me where you got it from?

Ha yeah but Shippuuden made a sort of ironic comment about it in the latest episode, when Kakashi said "you can't just get a sudden burst in power like the main characters do in these books, it takes training" :b

Now you say that, I did think it was rather odd.. harhar. Thats awesome :D

Sudden bursts of power make it more exciting ^__^

It happens to Ichigo in every battle. Think Madarame, Kenpachi, Byakuya (altho it was the evilness), all the Bountu, the Espada, random hollows, his evil other half... the list goes on!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!