Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Don't you just love to watch them squealing in pain?

That was a yawn. Sortyourearsoutboy! :zzz:

lol o_w...

I'm on your side, I hate dubs... (american accents harhar o_o)

But the guy can do what he wants :heh:

American accents: Yes, they're annoying. But you just have to grit your teeth and put up with them. There are approx. 250million people in the world who have that sort of accent. :shakehead

All we can do is dream of seeing an anime character with a scouse accent...

Of course he can, I don't agree with what his saying, but I defend his ability to say it and do it. All I'm saying is, he can't claim that dubs are better or "equal", because it's a crystal clear fact that they're not. Regardless of his preferences.

What the f... I never did. :blank:

I just don't fancy watching ANYTHING subbed.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the f... I never did. :blank:

I just don't fancy watching ANYTHING subbed.

I said dubs were always a bad thing because subs are always better. You said the contrary, hence, unless you wish to delcare yourself mentally challenged, you implied that subs aren't always better, by the rules of argumentation and grammar, at least.

:heh:

Anyway, less get this over with, I like you.

I said dubs were always a bad thing because subs are always better. You said the contrary, hence, unless you wish to declare yourself mentally challenged, you implied that subs aren't always better, by the rules of argumentation and grammar, at least.

:heh:

Anyway, less get this over with, I like you.

I just said dubs weren't always a bad thing. I don't watch subbed, so can't really make a good comparison.

Except in the case of one series, which I saw both dubbed and subbed, but preferred dubbed (And that wasn't because one of the characters had Leon from Resi 4's voice, honest...)

And as for you liking me...Liar Liar Pants On Fire! :p

Guest Stefkov

I just want to ask how reading subtitles is more work than listening to a dub.

Most of the time when a character speaks they're idle and you can quickly look down, read and look up again. When they're in some action they're never really saying anything long winded and so it's a quick read down below and a quick look up.

This may be my preference of subtitles. I always have them on, even on english tv so I'm used to the quick movement of looking down then up.

I just said dubs weren't always a bad thing. I don't watch subbed, so can't really make a good comparison.

Except in the case of one series, which I saw both dubbed and subbed, but preferred dubbed (And that wasn't because one of the characters had Leon from Resi 4's voice, honest...)

And as for you liking me...Liar Liar Pants On Fire! :p

What show was it? :heh:

You just reminded me of Frank Caliendo's Al Pacino impersonation:

What show was it? :heh:

.hack//SIGN, which is one of my favourite animes. You're sure to find it in dubbed on YouTube. :wink:

You just reminded me of Frank Caliendo's Al Pacino impersonation:

Never heard of this chap before, but that was funny. :laughing:

But the guy can do what he wants :heh:

Don't even bother. Oxigen_Waste operates on one wavelength, which means forcing people to accept his opinion. He once listed his favourite animes, and said it was fact they they were the best animes of all time in a particular order.

Don't even bother. Oxigen_Waste operates on one wavelength, which means forcing people to accept his opinion. He once listed his favourite animes, and said it was fact they they were the best animes of all time in a particular order.

Go fuck a pie.

This is hilarious. I posted two lists. My persounal favourites and factual favourites. Can't you remember, mr victim?

You posted a list of animes and said it was fact that they were the best animes of all time...then when people said your opinion can't be fact you threw up a huff.

But I have to say it was quite funny that someone literally believed they could tell people what to think.

You posted a list of animes and said it was fact that they were the best animes of all time...then when people said your opinion can't be fact you threw up a huff.

But I have to say it was quite funny that someone literally believed they could tell people what to think.

Honey, don't start with me. It's just gonna end up the same way it always does, it gets to a point where you just can't argue anymore and then you go and run to the staff because I called you an idiot or something. Well guess what: you're only proving my point by doing it.

That's fact no. 1.

Fact no. 2 is: Don't you dare judge me, there are people here who know me much better than you, and if there's one thing I've made clear from the very day that I stepped foot here is that I don't value personal opinion. All of my arguments rely on impartial factuality. My own personality comes second, when discussion is at hand, I ALWAYS provide my own opinion, when necessary and it NEVER coincides 100% with the truth. The difference between me and you is... I know Bleach is a giant turd of a show, and I still like it and don't feel threatned by the fact that I like shit. I admit and I'm fine with it... You, on the other hand, cannot step outside of your own shoes for a second and cannot withstand the emotional charge of having your personal beliefs put at stake or questioned. So check your claims, because I've got mine covered, and at the end of the day, this leads to a big fork in the road, wich allows every single one of us here to reach one of two possible conclusions... either:

A - My whole personality and persona is 100% fabricated and it all collapsed on that one second where you unmasked the whole brilliant strategy behind my insignificant existence here on N-E.

or

B - I'm right about you, and you couldn't have been better paired off by destiny when you decided to get together with dynastygal, because you're obviously two of the same breed, two faux-drama queens who can't stand to have their existencial principles questioned without making it all seem like a big injustice that validates you as martyr-of-the-week.

Now, if you wouldn't mind retiring to your pathetic little existence, I would love to see you shut the fuck up. And don't go moaning to the mods, you're the one who started this whole mess, amigo.

No, dubs are never ever better, at best they are tolerrable and I've yet to find one that doesn't annoy me immensely.

Cons with dubs:

They don't sync with mouth movements.

Usually done with bad actors (see AND EAT IT)

Translations and editing are usually worse and can effect the series negatively.

Accents which a part of the population can't stand.

Cons with subs:

You have to read.

Subs can be read in a fraction of a second anyway, there isn't usually any big words in there and the lines can usually be predicted in a sense, or have some sort of context which helps at least.

*talks to brick wall*

Bleach isn't shit... I'll bitch slap you boy :heh:

Aww come on... let's have a civilized discussion then, none of that up there.

The story goes nowhere and is repetitive.

The action is poor and repetitive.

It has nothing to put across to it's viewers.

Nonetheles... I still like it. It's got some awesome characters and ideas, plus, it's quite entertaining. But that's about it, IMO.

What say you?

Aww come on... let's have a civilized discussion then, none of that up there.

The story goes nowhere and is repetitive.

The action is poor and repetitive.

It has nothing to put across to it's viewers.

Nonetheles... I still like it. It's got some awesome characters and ideas, plus, it's quite entertaining. But that's about it, IMO.

What say you?

I was joking about the bitch slapping like... honest! :D

I agree with the repetitiveness..

But i'm simple minded and it keeps me amused :yay:

I was joking about the bitch slapping like... honest! :D

I agree with the repetitiveness..

But i'm simple minded and it keeps me amused :yay:

Eh eh, no problem, it keeps me amused too. It's not like it's a flaw to like it or anything. I'd never put it up for Best Shonen Ever Award, but I quite like it.

Hmm... that got me thinking... what's the Best Shonen Ever?

As far as I'm concerned... it's either Fullmetal Alchemist (the manga) or Rurouni Kenshin (also the manga).

Death note is shounen, right? If so then that.

If not then Eureka Seven

If not then Full Metal Alchemist.

I will never really understand what shounen is and yes I did read the explanations on the previous page.

I didn't know Soul Eater was a manga originally. (I don't like to learn anything about a series until I'm done watching it). I thought might go the Eureka Seven route again.

Death note is shounen, right? If so then that.

If not then Eureka Seven

If not then Full Metal Alchemist.

I will never really understand what shounen is and yes I did read the explanations on the previous page.

I didn't know Soul Eater was a manga originally. (I don't like to learn anything about a series until I'm done watching it). I thought might go the Eureka Seven route again.

Hell no, Death Note is Seinen, Sanchez! It's all about demographics, the subjects it deals with and so on.

Anywho... is Eureka Seven really that good? What are your favourite animes, so I can have a comparison point with myself.

Cons with dubs:

They don't sync with mouth movements.

Now that's wrong. Most of the time the mouth just opens and closes and the voice doesn't really sync at all. English or Japanese.

*Does impression with hand* See? Up, down, up, down.

Anywho... is Eureka Seven really that good? What are your favourite animes, so I can have a comparison point with myself.
Eureka Seven is brillaint, really brilliant. It deserves so much more attention. I personally reccomend it to you.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!