Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to prefer anime. One Piece for example - the anime is so much better. The voice and mannerisms of Luffy are sorely missed in the manga, as well as the music and generally just the voice acting of everyone. Fillerish recaps did do my head in somewhat, but overall I tend to enjoy anime a lot more.

Like someone said though, Berserk manga is more graphic and covers 10 times the amount of the anime (well, just a guess) and really feels so much different, mostly due to the anime not focusing so much on demons as that's the only period in the story when they're not that common. It's more about the character development in that chunk of the story.

Guest Stefkov
Berserk on the other hand is an awesome adaptation, even though it isn't as hardcore and just tells the first part of the story.

When you watch the anime, when I watched it anyway, there's so many questions at the end. I read that it was only part of the manga and I was really relieved. I'll need to pick up that manga sometime, I really enjoyed the anime.

FLCL, the anime and manga were just the same imo. They both were crazy things of creation. It was hard to read what was going on in the anime and it's hard to see what's going on the manga. Still good though.

I just started reading Death Note last night, up to now it feels like the anime has followed it quite closely. The incident on the bus with the FBI agent behind Light etc. I suppose later on it might get better but I'm really enjoying this manga.

Who'd like to see the Union Flag redesigned as this?:

animeufnl0.gif

Or this?:

animeuf2uc1.gif

Or even this?:

animeuf3hr3.gif

These are from the Daily Telegraph's website. Some Japanese fellows have been kind enough to send them their ideas for a new Union Flag. As the Welsh have recently stated they'd like to be included on the flag.

There are some non-anime ones here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/11/30/nflag130.xml

Guest Stefkov

The end to Air Gear was a dissapointment. It just built up more and more towards the end. It's meant to die down to a good finish. I finished good but it didn't feel good.

Onto the manga now I guess.

I'll hook you up with Paprika, Tales of Earthsea, Mind Game and another with a weird name lol

I keep hearing the greatest things about Paprika... I'm a bit hyped over it. And I do love Millenium Actress, too.:heart:

Also:

Finished downloading Noein : peace: ... won't start watching it till I finnish GunGrave and Mushishi though... along with Death Note, wich I'm "sorta" watching.

When it comes to satoshi kon movies i rank them like so:

Tokyo Godfathers

Perfect Blue

Paprika

Millenium Actress

MA was great, but it didn't charm me as much as the others.

Also hooray at another Noein watcher, I still haven't finished it but I intend to soon, I need to be in a certain mood to finish something i started ages ago.

I'm watching Mushishi as well. :o Only seen the first ep but it seems promising.

Guest Stefkov

Wikipedia says "31, containing 276 of 292 released episodes. "

There are 16 episodes left then, that mean 2 more volumes?

Still 31 volumes, it would be my largest collection if I don't go past 4 volumes with Naruto..

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!