NEurope

Just got to episode 20 of Monster and all I have to say is this is an amazing show.

Monster is an amazing anime. I couldn't stop watching it. Loved every episode and I think it was done extremely well. It was like people started from different places (Tenma, Lunge, Anna) and they all followed their own paths which where connected and intertwined with the other characters paths.

How different is the manga to the anime?

Is anyone watching D.Gray man? I've seen a few episodes and now come to a standstill. It was just getting boring, so I was wondering if it was worth going on with it. I'm down to 7% left off HDD on my laptop so I need to free some room.

I'm highly interested in Monster, what is it about?

About awesome, written and drawn by awesome.

(it's about a doctor who's after a murderer... something like that) Just read it and watch it :P And 20th century boys+ 21st century boys and Pluto

What is up with Rapidshare? Every time I try and download any manga, I'm told to type only the letters that have a cat behind them. But the cat images are all warped, so it's fucking impossible to make out what I'm supposed to type.

1210017659283.png

Happy hour is now on rapidshare if you still havn't downloaded it.

i've been downloading clannad after hearing about it. Watched a few episodes, its great so far. Especually that little twist around episode seven.

Rapidshare isn't that hard. It annoyed me a lot at first, but the letters have 2 different cat images, look for the one that's telling you.

Aren't the other ones... dogs? Never had a problem, maybe you need a better monitor. Rapidshare really sucks anyway, don't know why you would ever have to use it.

err because its the most popular website for hosting files.

Yeah, but once you get a certain amount, you're screwed for about 3 hours unless you have a premium account... It's also not particularly fast, sometimes simply does not load, and I've had issues where it claims I've "tried to download this file too many times" (even though it's my first attempt) or that "my IP is currently downloading other files from rapidshare" (even though I'm the only one home and it's a secure home network).

Megaupload on the other hand always works after that one 45 second wait.... And torrents are better still.

adminny-disclaimer: I'm not condoning any kind of illegal/warez downloads, simply discussing the pros and cons of sites/methods that can be used entirely legally

Is anyone watching D.Gray man? I've seen a few episodes and now come to a standstill. It was just getting boring, so I was wondering if it was worth going on with it. I'm down to 7% left off HDD on my laptop so I need to free some room.

It get's better. It starts off a bit boring with no real plot and stand alone episodes. But soon after it picks up and becomes really good.

I'm highly interested in Monster, what is it about?

A prodigy Brain Surgeon from Japan lives in Germany, goes out with a spoilt woman and her father is the head of the hospital and orders the Doctor

(Tenma) to save more important people instead of 'normal' folk so that they weill get rewarded for saving that persons life regardless of the order the patients come in. Then when he's about to operate on a young boy, he gets ordered to save the Mayor who's being brought in, refuses, saves boy, Mayor dies, he gets fired after being promised he gets promoted.

Then the boy is evil and a 'monster' as in a cold blooded murderer, kills the corrupt higher ups after Tenma spoke to him in his sleep, Tenma gets accused years later when the boy shows up again and goes on the run for revenge.

It's amazing.

Yeah, but once you get a certain amount, you're screwed for about 3 hours unless you have a premium account...

Restarting my router usually get´s passed that 3 hour wait for me.

Restarting my router usually get´s passed that 3 hour wait for me.

Yap. Dynamic IP addresses FTW.

I'll watch Monster as soon as I end Gurren Lagann. It's quite entertaining, with good animation and SUPERB voice acting.

Aren't the other ones... dogs? Never had a problem, maybe you need a better monitor. Rapidshare really sucks anyway, don't know why you would ever have to use it.

I'm using my 32" HDTV. Sometimes it's dogs, sometimes it's a different image of a cat, sometimes it's fucking punishment from God. It's all warped and distorted. I can barely make out anything on it, never mind the cats.

I think I might watch this 'Monster'.

On a side note has anyone ever seen S-Cry-Ed?

i think i saw a few in english before anime central axed all of its shows for a round the clock cowboy bebop and GITS orgy.

Rapidshare also seems to mess up for me aswell, i swear i put in the right cat numbers but sometimes it still fails. Annoys me when things are split into 4 parts or whatever, cause of the 3 hour wait on rapidshare...

And i never saw the appeal of torrents, apart from for small files. I never seem to get above 50 kb/s...

And Monster sounds amazing ^.^ Ahh i have so much anime to watch, Beck, Dennou Coil, Samurai Champloo...

What is up with Rapidshare? Every time I try and download any manga, I'm told to type only the letters that have a cat behind them. But the cat images are all warped, so it's fucking impossible to make out what I'm supposed to type.

1210017659283.png

I have another one of those:

1210253460940ha4.png

Yeah I also miss the damn cats a lot of times. It's damn hard to see them.

I've seen people say Rapidshare is slow, but it's the fastest site I have ever seen. It uses 100% of my internet bandwidth (15Mb/s) and it never drops down. I guess it depends on the ISP.

Crap I forgot i had dlownloaded Beck. Thats another on the damn list to watch. Anyways for manga go to Mangatraders They have a large selection of good quality scans and people upload them quickly. Torrents are awesome, you just need to watch that you get the right ones with the best seeds, but also have a little patience.

Also Gurren does have amazing voice acting/seiyuu doesn't it. I don't think I have heard anything better than when Simon says GIIIIIGA DRRIILLLLLLL BRRRRREEEAKER!!! Ah man thats another on the list. Have to watch that again.

Escaflowne is a classic mecha anime that has been said by some to be better than evangelion. The rest of my list I can't be bothered to go into about them, but generally I choose some of my anime based on the reviews at this site Anime Academy. Most of the time thouigh, I just choose them from word of mouth.

EDIT: OmG didn't know they had made an anime of Air Gear already! Since im reading the manga though, I don't know if I should bother watching something that does not cover the whole series, just like they did with tenjou tenge which is done by the same author (but damn is the story in that manga just plain confusing).

Also have to add Azumanga Daioh to that list of stuff to watch even though I have read the manga which was so awesome.

D.Gray man is cool and does get better, though the episodes do drag in away that the manga does not which feels really strange to me. Still, watch it cos the story is awesome.

And Monster sounds amazing ^.^ Ahh i have so much anime to watch, Beck, Dennou Coil, Samurai Champloo...

All the anime you just mentioned are top-notch. I kinda wish I could unwatch them so I could experience the all for the first time again. (I'm still in the middle of watching Dennou Coil and Samurai Champloo though.)

Heh, you're in for a fun ride.

How are you finding the subs?

I'm alright with reading subs. But if this gets dubbed, I will give them a look. :smile:

I watched another episode today, definitely going to watch it all. I think I'm going to enjoy this show. : peace:

I'm having trouble with access codes in general at the moment.

The only time I can ever download on rapidshare is during the Happy Hours.

When are the happy hours in the UK?

Also if anyone could refer me to where I could find all the volumes Evangelion: Angelic Days (yes I'm a fag) I will be forever indebted to that person. I've been searching for the final volumes for hours now with no success. :cry: