NEurope

Anyways new naruto. Simply have to say, I didn't expect that result. Quite speechless.

EDIT:

Actually, after thinking about it a tiny bit, i expect madara to use sasuke in his crazed state for his own benefit. Where Naruto, with new abilities in tow, will save him from his madness after a truly epic fight. With Sasuke's screams of you don't understand, Naruto will say, something like "how can I NOT understand? Look at yourself. You whom I considered to be a brother, is acting crazy in my eyes, just like Itachi was in yours." Can't wait for what happens next.

You could sort of see something like that coming.

I think it was the last chapter when Madara said "what older brother would harm their little brother" or something like that. Got me thinking it was the same for Itachi and it was proved in this chapter.

I agree with you about Madara using Sasuke now if he truly does go nuts and having a big fight with naruto. This could be epic.

I hate to be the noob to break up this conversation, but I figured it would be pointless to start a new thread on this.

Anyway, I'm starting to quite get into anime and (to a lesser degree) some manga comics. I watched and loved Princess Mononoke and Porco Rosso, and am really considering picking up Akira, Naucisaa of the Valley of the Wind, Blood and the Ghost in the Shell box-set. Got into the Naruto manga a little earlier today at school as well.

So could anyone reccomend any other animes that I could get into. I'm not really looking for the complex, hardcore stuff just yet, but maybe something that is fairly accessible and could lead to a more developed interest?

Thanks

DeathNote. Everyone likes and loves DeathNote. Then i'd recommend FullMetal Alchemist. 2 of my favorite animes and easy to get into.

Well the thing is if you watch Death Note first everything else is crap in comparison.

D_prOdigy:

Nice to see you getting into anime. I've only been watching anime since last September, so I'm still fairly new to the whole thing. Plus I haven't even read a single manga comic.

As for recommendations: I, and Coolness Bears, recommend The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why? It's hilarious, brilliant and just all-round class.

There's also Neon Genesis Evangelion, if you haven't seen it already. That's a really popular one. I liked it quite a lot.

And as for Ghibli films: Howl's Moving Castle.

I've also heard that Spirited Away is brilliant, so you might want to give that one a look.

Listen to The Villian, D_prOdigy. Really good anime selection there, but if you aren't looking for anything to extreme i would hold off on watching evangelion. It's one of the best but definitley :eek:.

I would also recommend Fullmetal Alchemist and Bleach. Bothe are Brillant.

There's also Neon Genesis Evangelion, if you haven't seen it already. That's a really popular one. I liked it quite a lot.

Just a personal input, if your just getting into anime, my god do not watch this. This is something that although in my eyes is an absolutely brilliant anime, if your relatively new to anime you probably wont enjoy. Im very tempted to say fuck the entire original series and wait for the Rebuild story.

The only thing that was good in shippuuden was the awesome escape from yamato taiichou! Wood powers are pretty awesome!

Bleach was poor too (imo).

Both are at the start of arcs and they seem very slow :/

D_prOdigy:

I wouldn't recommend that since he asked for something not complex. Let's face it, the ending is complex, or at least tries to be.

Like Shadow said: Fullmetal Alchemist (easily the best anime and manga ever produced to be honest) and to a lesser extent, although still great, Death Note.

Then if you want an awesome anime that is continuously coming out, go for One Piece. Much, much better than Bleach and Naruto.

Well the thing is if you watch Death Note first everything else is crap in comparison.

Haha, seconded.

I made that mistake when i first started watching anime... took a good few months to lower my standards back down and start enjoying stuff again.

And as everyone seems to be doing recommendations,

Darker Than Black - Good episodic anime, mixed bag of episodes but there are some gems

Baccano! - Short mafia anime about immortals, pulp fiction-esque storytelling, fun characters and yeeahh

And you can't not watch Spirited Away... or Princess Mononoke while your at it. And my vote goes to Naruto for continuous anime, swapping to the manga for shippuden...

Older Classics:

Ninja Scroll - stands up to todays standards but very bloody and gory. A personal fave :D

Devil Man - Possibly more bloody than the above. Another fave :D

3 x 3 eyes - Awesome tale, again very bloody. A trend with me?

Battle Angel Alita - sigh more blood but more to do with cyborgs with awesome combat abilities. Really wish they made more of this one.

Photon - Absolutely hilarious...till the end where it just gets weird.

More modern day Classics

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Awesome. Just epic, Watch it love it.

Cowboy Bebop - Again just awesome. Not many reach this quality.

Trigun - Again quality.

Gungrave - Prequel to the game but so much more awesome. Nearly made me cry.

Afro Samurai - Simple straight up action slashing and lots of blood.

Samurai Champloo - Samurai action again but with a healthy hip hop vibe.

There is more, but some has already been mentioned, and other's like Eureka Seven can get a little complicated.

A Note: you may not want to watch akira as it gets very complicated and weird. The Manga is Sooooo much better in explaining things and just in general too.

Well, to a beginner you should definitely start with some light stuff like Naruto or Bleach and the such. Haruhi is light too, so it's good.

But I think you guys are insane in recommending Evangelion or Death Note to a beginner. As much as I love those 2 series, giving that to someone who almost never saw any anime is the same as giving F-Zero GX to my grandma in the very hard difficulty.

Well, to a beginner you should definitely start with some light stuff like Naruto or Bleach and the such. Haruhi is light too, so it's good.

But I think you guys are insane in recommending Evangelion or Death Note to a beginner. As much as I love those 2 series, giving that to someone who almost never saw any anime is the same as giving F-Zero GX to my grandma in the very hard difficulty.

I too advised against Evangelion, too deep of a series. But Death Note I feel is a pretty good recommendation to a new comer. Its a nice, short series, some of the humour may take some getting used to if your relatively new but the story line is easy to follow even with japanese conventions which can be easily understood.

D_Prodigy I recommend Trigun, Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo for anime that can be viewed just for the action, but have a little more depth if you want to.

Watch FLCL! It's totally weird, you won't understand shit, but that's the point, it's very very funny, amazing art, amazing soundtrack, it's just awesome. Plus, just 6 eps.

Mushishi is awesome with independent episodes, very laid back, easy to watch, but also really smart and interesting. One of the best. If you want something in a fantasy setting, go for Escaflowne, it's very, very good and watch the movie too.

Beck is amazing, very different from everything else and awesome music (makes sense, it's about a rock band). If you're into lovey dovey stuff, watch Nana, it's really great too. I could go and on. And I endorse all of the above recommendation :P

D_Prodigy I recommend Trigun, Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo for anime that can be viewed just for the action, but have a little more depth if you want to.

Watch FLCL! It's totally weird, you won't understand shit, but that's the point, it's very very funny, amazing art, amazing soundtrack, it's just awesome. Plus, just 6 eps.

Mushishi is awesome with independent episodes, very laid back, easy to watch, but also really smart and interesting. One of the best. If you want something in a fantasy setting, go for Escaflowne, it's very, very good and watch the movie too.

Beck is amazing, very different from everything else and awesome music (makes sense, it's about a rock band). If you're into lovey dovey stuff, watch Nana, it's really great too. I could go and on. And I endorse all of the above recommendation :P

Isn't escaflowne a little complicated in the story department? Can't remember as I didn't finish watching it and need to watch it again.

You could sort of see something like that coming.

I think it was the last chapter when Madara said "what older brother would harm their little brother" or something like that. Got me thinking it was the same for Itachi and it was proved in this chapter.

I agree with you about Madara using Sasuke now if he truly does go nuts and having a big fight with naruto. This could be epic.

Ah took me a while to understand what you meant. You misunderstood.

What I meant was that, I never expected Sasuke to go insane. It could be because his pride has broken, or it could be because he is so proud, the events of what he has been told would invalidate his pride and actions.

Also, I still remember what the kyuubi said to sasuke about not killing naruto. I wonder if he meant then and there, or in the future. If he did kill naruto then and there, im sure he would be regretting that now. Ah, it's even easier to dislike sasuke now :D

Everyone likes and loves DeathNote.

Not everyone.

It's probably best to start with Cowboy Bebop and then move on to Ghost in the Shell. They're pretty much as good as it gets. Evangelion is worth watching too.

If you want some non-action anime, Clannad, Azumanga Daioh and millions of others are well worth seeing.

Meh, I disagree, death note was only the second series i watched and I had no problem. In fact it's probably easier for people to get into as it has more elements in common with Western TV shows than most anime...

Not everyone.

It's probably best to start with Cowboy Bebop and then move on to Ghost in the Shell. They're pretty much as good as it gets. Evangelion is worth watching too.

If you want some non-action anime, Clannad, Azumanga Daioh and millions of others are well worth seeing.

I wouldn't recommend ghost in the shell, the movies at least, as they seem to promise a lot of action which, to be honest is very sparse in favour of a heavy dose of philosophical banter, which at the time, I really wasn't in the mood for. The series though is awesome and has a good balance between the two. Especially the second season.

Yeah the films are enjoyable too. But I felt I enjoyed them more because I had read the manga too, as well as a few others that gave the same message, allowing me to better understand what was said. After a could of views though.

What I meant was that, I never expected Sasuke to go insane. It could be because his pride has broken, or it could be because he is so proud, the events of what he has been told would invalidate his pride and actions.

Also, I still remember what the kyuubi said to sasuke about not killing naruto. I wonder if he meant then and there, or in the future. If he did kill naruto then and there, im sure he would be regretting that now. Ah, it's even easier to dislike sasuke now :D

He isn't exactly insane yet. The person he strived to kill all these years saved him and the village, then learning his father was the head of the coup de tat, it would be a huge shock to him. We'll see how he is in the next chapter.

The kyuubi said that only because he would die with Naruto, the Kyuubi knows next to nothing about Sasuke.

As for recommendations: I, and Coolness Bears, recommend The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why? It's hilarious, brilliant and just all-round class.

Pretty much everyone here loved that series :heh: if you go back through the thread to around the time the series aired in Japan you'll see we were all raving over it too.

He isn't exactly insane yet. The person he strived to kill all these years saved him and the village, then learning his father was the head of the coup de tat, it would be a huge shock to him. We'll see how he is in the next chapter.

The kyuubi said that only because he would die with Naruto, the Kyuubi knows next to nothing about Sasuke.

Hmm im not sold on that. He knows alot about the sharingan and the clan that uses it. So yes, nothing much about sasuke personally, but alot about his potential. Also, it could be possible that he can hear Naruto's babblings about sasuke but I doubt that. Hmm, the kyuubi hasn't been used in awhile. Wonder how he feels about that...

Hmm im not sold on that. He knows alot about the sharingan and the clan that uses it. So yes, nothing much about sasuke personally, but alot about his potential. Also, it could be possible that he can hear Naruto's babblings about sasuke but I doubt that. Hmm, the kyuubi hasn't been used in awhile. Wonder how he feels about that...

He'll feel unloved if he doesn't use him? He only knows about Madara and Uchihas because Madara could summon the Kyuubi and control/surpress it with the Sharingan.

But from what Sasuke learned, what exactly will change towards Naruto? He'll become less cold maybe? Only way Naruto was involved in the story was that the Uchihas where trying to steal him.

OK, thanks a lot guys.

Looks like Death Note, FullMetal and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya are coming up top trumps. I'll certainly look into them.

As for Naruto, perhaps I'll buy a couple of volumes before I straight away get entire seasons, just in case.