NEurope

Have you seen the Naruto:Unleashed DVD that came out today should have it some time this week but UNCUT NARUTO IN ENGLISH - yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I can see it now. Might go buy it, it looks good.

Guy, you sig would be perfect if Ayaka was replaced with Kiyone.

Ayeka is the truth, man. Kiyone is good, but this is a Ryo-Ohki cast, if I do a Tenchi Muyo TV sig you can rest assured Kiyone will pop in for a visit.

Ayeka is the truth, man. Kiyone is good, but this is a Ryo-Ohki cast, if I do a Tenchi Muyo TV sig you can rest assured Kiyone will pop in for a visit.

Fair enough. I always thought Kiyone was horribly underrated, like Lunch was in DB. The forgotten one's are always my favourites for some reason ::shrug:

Fair enough. I always thought Kiyone was horribly underrated, like Lunch was in DB. The forgotten one's are always my favourites for some reason ::shrug:

Heh, yeah, Launch was pretty cool, man theres so much stuff from Dragonball that was forgotten during Z...

Shino... I'm not a mod on this board but you should remove that before one does, and you get an infraction to go with it.

The Naruto: Unleashed DVD does sould good except I hardly ever prefer "official" English subtitles, things like "pot noodle" instead of cup ramen?? Pot noodle is a brand name ffs, are we supposed to believe they ate pot noodle in a world that doesn't even exist in our timeframe? That's like Kakashi suddenly reading FHM instead of Come Come Paradise. Also "Multiple Shadow Body Split" reads nowhere near as good as "Tajuu Kage Bunshin no Jutsu" with an explanation above :p

I still might have to buy it... simply because I've been watching this anime for such a long time without giving anything back :heh: still it seems dumb to buy a dvd boxset that sits 184 episodes behind what I've already seen....

Guy, your sig would be perfect if Ayeka was replaced with Kiyone.

Also if it stayed as Tenchi :P

And your sig is perfect...

Gotta love Osaka.

I've just finished Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni episode 2 and wow I'm really getting into it.... Of course at the end of episode two I have major suspicions towards Rena as I'm guessing everyone would, but, that's a bit obvious no? Anyway time to watch episode 3... Thanks to people who brought it up in this thread. ^^d

I've just finished Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni episode 2 and wow I'm really getting into it.... Of course at the end of episode two I have major suspicions towards Rena as I'm guessing everyone would, but, that's a bit obvious no? Anyway time to watch episode 3... Thanks to people who brought it up in this thread. ^^d

Rena is damn scary...

Once you've finished episode 4, I can tell you my theory without spoilers.

I've finished episode 5. XD I'm kinda hooked right now and I have free time cause work was cancelled. lol

You're right, Rena is very scary. lol

"THAT'S A LIE!" >.<;;;

I bought the Naruto Unleashed DVD. Its not bad, the fact you can go to the menu during an episode and swap between english or japanese, subtitles o/off is quite good. The casing is good, (got to have good casing ;)) and the little epsiode guide is nice too. Though I do agree with Shorty some of the subtitles aren't as good as fan subs.

My only concern is how long it takes to get all of them out, if they only churn out 13 episodes at a time thats a lot of box sets.

Shino... I'm not a mod on this board but you should remove that before one does, and you get an infraction to go with it.

The Naruto: Unleashed DVD does sould good except I hardly ever prefer "official" English subtitles, things like "pot noodle" instead of cup ramen?? Pot noodle is a brand name ffs, are we supposed to believe they ate pot noodle in a world that doesn't even exist in our timeframe? That's like Kakashi suddenly reading FHM instead of Come Come Paradise. Also "Multiple Shadow Body Split" reads nowhere near as good as "Tajuu Kage Bunshin no Jutsu" with an explanation above :p

I still might have to buy it... simply because I've been watching this anime for such a long time without giving anything back :heh: still it seems dumb to buy a dvd boxset that sits 184 episodes behind what I've already seen....

I have the DVD now as we speak, in the english it says ramen cup and also ramen, in the American uncut box set it states that its pot noodle and noodle bowl in the subtitles but not in the dubbed version.

WTF!?!? The end of the second chapter of Higurashi is so f'ed up. o.o;;

My suspicion right now is

Seriously I'm confused. lol

WTF!?!? The end of the second chapter of Higurashi is so f'ed up. o.o;;

My suspicion right now is

Seriously I'm confused. lol

You are aware of the whole "each arc is a different possibility" thing right?

Anyway, my theory for the first arc (which will be solved in the last arc) is as follows:

Keiichi went insane... he seems to have aquired some kind of bi-polar disorder. This caused him to become far more paranoid, which explains why he thinks everyone is trying to kill him. But how did he become paranoid?

I think that he starts to go in the first episode, when the girls draw on his face... the solvent in the pen has an effect on him, as Mion makes him leave it on. My guess is the girls didn't realise the effect this would have.

He then starts to think that everyone is trying to kill him. The others realise he is paranoid, and try to cure him by somehow getting a needle with antidote to the pen's solvent. This explains the needle in the rice balls... Rena genuinely was trying to help Keiichi. When he slams her hand in the door, she realises that the antidote didn't work... this explains the whole "gomen nasai" scene. When Rena appears to be in Oyashiro-mode later on, I think Keiichi is imagining it.

As a last resort, the girls try to inject him with an antidote, which causes him to go mental and kill them.

And anyway, to help show how scary Rena is, here is the source of my avatar:

rena.jpg

Lucky me that the mods from this board don't like anime. But seriously, it's official artwork from the manga, it's a representation of a significant part of the story, and no, the manga (or anime ) is not hentai.

EDIT: Also, it's not half as bad as a little girl headbutting a butcher knife.

Lucky me that the mods from this board don't like anime. But seriously, it's official artwork from the manga, it's a representation of a significant part of the story, and no, the manga (or anime ) is not hentai.

EDIT: Also, it's not half as bad as a little girl headbutting a butcher knife.

To put it bluntly, some admin are a bit strict about boobies :heh:

You are aware of the whole "each arc is a different possibility" thing right?

Anyway, my theory for the first arc (which will be solved in the last arc) is as follows:

Keiichi went insane... he seems to have aquired some kind of bi-polar disorder. This caused him to become far more paranoid, which explains why he thinks everyone is trying to kill him. But how did he become paranoid?

I think that he starts to go in the first episode, when the girls draw on his face... the solvent in the pen has an effect on him, as Mion makes him leave it on. My guess is the girls didn't realise the effect this would have.

He then starts to think that everyone is trying to kill him. The others realise he is paranoid, and try to cure him by somehow getting a needle with antidote to the pen's solvent. This explains the needle in the rice balls... Rena genuinely was trying to help Keiichi. When he slams her hand in the door, she realises that the antidote didn't work... this explains the whole "gomen nasai" scene. When Rena appears to be in Oyashiro-mode later on, I think Keiichi is imagining it.

As a last resort, the girls try to inject him with an antidote, which causes him to go mental and kill them.

And anyway, to help show how scary Rena is, here is the source of my avatar:

rena.jpg

Errmmm my last quote went a bit wierd.... I had spoiler tags that didn't show up...... It basically said I think Keichi is erm crazy. =P

I know each chapter is a different possibility or whatever, but, it's still kinda strange.... I mean are they completely unrelated possibillities? Or are they different possibilities of the same story which will come together to show what actually happened? This is the only thing I'm confused about. =P

Errmmm my last quote went a bit wierd.... I had spoiler tags that didn't show up...... It basically said I think Keichi is erm crazy. =P

I know each chapter is a different possibility or whatever, but, it's still kinda strange.... I mean are they completely unrelated possibillities? Or are they different possibilities of the same story which will come together to show what actually happened? This is the only thing I'm confused about. =P

I think that they are effectively the same story, but different things happened to occur...

For instance, imagine if there was an alternative Harry Potter (the only story I'm sure you'll know :heh: ) where Harry didn't meet Ron... this would make the story very different, but Voldemort would still try and kill Harry etc. In the same way, there is still a Watanagashi festival in every chapter of Higurashi. Apart from the fourth chapter (which is set a few years earlier), all the Higurashi chapters are spin-offs like this... so understanding one chapter can help you to understand others. The 5th chapter explains the 2nd, and the 6th explains the 1st, yet they are still alternatives.

I think that they are effectively the same story, but different things happened to occur...

For instance, imagine if there was an alternative Harry Potter (the only story I'm sure you'll know :heh: ) where Harry didn't meet Ron... this would make the story very different, but Voldemort would still try and kill Harry etc. In the same way, there is still a Watanagashi festival in every chapter of Higurashi. Apart from the fourth chapter (which is set a few years earlier), all the Higurashi chapters are spin-offs like this... so understanding one chapter can help you to understand others. The 5th chapter explains the 2nd, and the 6th explains the 1st, yet they are still alternatives.

If that's the case then I'm wondering how they can have a proper conclusion to the anime in itself..... It's really strange... It's kind of reminding me of how I felt with Tenchi Muyo. XD

If that's the case then I'm wondering how they can have a proper conclusion to the anime in itself..... It's really strange... It's kind of reminding me of how I felt with Tenchi Muyo. XD

Well Higurashi originated as a game, which had two more arcs, ending with an overall conclusion which the anime won't have.

Well Higurashi originated as a game, which had two more arcs, ending with an overall conclusion which the anime won't have.

....Well that makes more sense.......... Not that they won't be in the anime, just that they exist.... *sigh*

I just finished the third chapter.... They are getting stranger as they go. lol