NEurope

I can't understand for the life of me people who watch shows on Youtube, how on earth can you stand that terrible quality? When you run out of English dubs (in 3 episodes time, it's only dubbed up to 46 and the subs are up to 196) you can't possibly plan to watch the subbed version on Youtube, you won't even be able to read the subtitles o_o

I've watched 100 subbed episodes on youtube, the quality is poor but some are good and subtitles are easy to read surprisingly.

Though I intend to start buying the dvds soon.

I just bought the two GITS films from HMV for a pretty nice £14. I am hesitant however. How should this Anime be watched? Ive got the first series of GITS ordered and the second pre-ordered. Would you think it would be best to watch the films or TV series first?

I just bought the two GITS films from HMV for a pretty nice £14.

That sucks, i bought Innocence today from HMV at £10, i got the first one pretty cheap but not less than £14 for the both of them. Scotland sucks :confused:

Can any Scottish person help me, where its cheapest to get anime, in Glasgow i know of A1 Comics, Musiczone sometimes have anime cheap, Virgin Megastore but its full price. Or do i have to spend my money online?

Actually 196 was pretty cool as it showed that Lee & Gai can open up the fifth gate but Gai does alot more in the manga post-timeskip.

EDIT: Surprised i hadn't noticed it before but the 3rd Naruto OVA has been subbed, I quite like the first and the second was pretty good. I don't know what to expect from this one so i hope its good.

I've watched 100 subbed episodes on youtube, the quality is poor but some are good and subtitles are easy to read surprisingly.

Though I intend to start buying the dvds soon.

There's an inbetween option... torrents. DivX quality fansubbed anime at 800x600 or higher (and still legal concerning unlicensed anime). If you're going to watch the anime outside of TV/DVD, I would suggest proper downloads over Youtube anyday....

I watch anime on youtube but the quality has been great (apart from 1 episode out of 80),I don't mind the Jap version and the ones I watch always have subs and it's easy to read.

Argh I just thought I would check out the English dub of Naruto on Youtube and it's awful ><

The first time I saw Naruto was in America, and it was in English... but it didn't seem so bad then. Going back to it after watching the whole series subbed... eek - the voices are all ...ewww.

Argh I just thought I would check out the English dub of Naruto on Youtube and it's awful ><

The first time I saw Naruto was in America, and it was in English... but it didn't seem so bad then. Going back to it after watching the whole series subbed... eek - the voices are all ...ewww.

BELIEVE IT!

For the record, I like the Naruto dub.

It's not as bad as most anime dubbings, but it's worst than the japanese, as always.

I too don't get how you can watch anime on youtube. The quality compared to the fansubs is just terrible. And the fansubs are lightning fast to download nowadays. I would never consider watching any series on youtube. Maybe just an episode to see if i like a certain anime or not.

BELIEVE IT!

For the record, I like the Naruto dub.

I don't have a problem with that tag line, it's no worse than "datte bayo" on the end of everything. I just don't feel like any of the voices fit the people. The scene I watched was right before the forest of death, with Anko "threatening" Naruto and then you-know-who giving her kunai back. Sakura's voice stinks, Naruto is ok but doesn't seem to fit him, Anko was meh, and the grass ninja... now s/he (it's supposed to be a guy but I think they used a female voice actress??) was terrible. For some reason the illusion was just ruined, I felt like I could tell they were just people behind microphones. I guess once you go sub you don't go back :p

The Naruto dub isn't as bad as some, but it's definitely not for me.

Just a quick question. How common is that name Saukura among anime?

Assuming you mean Sakura, fairly common actually! For a while I would always think CCS when I heard Sakura, but now I relate it more to Naruto.

Yeah I did mean Sakura, sans initial U. Just that I've heard a song that is called Sakura and wondered whether it might relate to a specific anime.

Sakura is probably the most common female name in anime. It probably has some great significance in Japanese culture that is completely lost on me.

I love Full Metal Alchemist!

I've watched 6 whole episodes and it's the best thing ever! Can't wait to see how the story pans out - I can't really tell what the main goal of it all will be.

I borrowed the first dvd off my mate and I just couldnt get into it. He keeps telling me I should watch it but until he watches 24 I aint touching it.

Sakura is probably the most common female name in anime. It probably has some great significance in Japanese culture that is completely lost on me.

SAKURA IS CHEERY BLOSSOMS DESU-NE

There's a romance series called sakura(on second thoughts, that was called suzuka) and characters called sakura in pretty much every series, it means cherry blossom as booker here so elequently pointed out.

I borrowed the first dvd off my mate and I just couldnt get into it. He keeps telling me I should watch it but until he watches 24 I aint touching it.

Fullmetal Alchemist is the best, ad none of the only anime ive seen, I love it.

The story of it is so immense for me. gonna watch the next 8 episdoes later.

also Princess mononoke was awesome, i need to get iton DVD.

It is amazing,it really is.I wasn't a great fan of starting episodes but you really get into it after words and now I love them.You should really give it a chance.

Question to those who have seen any of the Naruto movies,is there a certain number episodes I should watch first before watching the first movie?

I thought the attack on Konaha and Hokage dying would of been a good movie and they off made it dramatic,but it would make to much of an impact on the series.

I will probably give it a watch at some point.

I am needing to get my Naruto " fix " and seeing as I have ran out of english episodes to watch I have spent most of the morning watching AMVs. The Rock Lee vs Gaara fight looks amazing. Rock Lee is awesome!

I didn't like Rock Lee at first but now I do,also only the first 46/47 is in english rest is Jap with subs.

I didn't like Rock Lee at first but now I do,also only the first 46/47 is in english rest is Jap with subs.

Yeah Shorty told me that yesterday. I was gutted because I really wanted to see the Rock Lee fight. I didnt like him at first but when he came to Sakuras rescue in the Forest thats when I knew he was cool. Fighting 3 bad guys with no hope of winning but still giving it his all= AWESOME!

There's an inbetween option... torrents. DivX quality fansubbed anime at 800x600 or higher (and still legal concerning unlicensed anime). If you're going to watch the anime outside of TV/DVD, I would suggest proper downloads over Youtube anyday....

I don't have a bittorrent client and I'm not wise with them. I like to stay legit. Though youtube technically isn't legit, it won't be me to blame if you catch my drift.

I don't have a bittorrent client and I'm not wise with them. I like to stay legit. Though youtube technically isn't legit, it won't be me to blame if you catch my drift.

You are to blame. You are downloading it to your computer anyway. So between downloading good quality vs bad quality... I think there's no question here. If you were to watch the proper releases, you would not want to go back to youtube. And if you don't like torrents, you have the sometimes faster IRC.

Yeah, Rock Lee is suposed to be the uncool weird character, but when he gets fighting and he shows his attitude, then he just mutates in the coolest character around.

Oh, and just wait to see Chougi in cool mode. I pissed myself.

Yeah, Rock Lee is suposed to be the uncool weird character, but when he gets fighting and he shows his attitude, then he just mutates in the coolest character around.

Oh, and just wait to see Chougi in cool mode. I pissed myself.

Man its so annoying that they aint translated yet. I have been sitting here most the day with nothing to do. I was looking forward to just watching Naruto all weekend aswell, that will teach me for getting my hopes up!