NEurope

The first and last series I shelled out £20 for each dvd on was Full metal panic, I didn't mind at I thought it was great, but with the cheap bootlegs, you get quality and quantity at the same price.

TSUKERIMASHOOOOO

TSUKERIMASHOOOOO

SATE SATE NANI NAAAA

DEKIRUKONA

daioh19rw3.gif

a big LOL @ the Azumanga stuff, that brought back memories.

What about the "dad", the engrish speaking neko?

TOMATO???

daioh15jq3.gif

What about the "dad", the engrish speaking neko?

Watashi wa chiyo no otousan desu.

and

"ah, but that's a real cat"

*about to cry*

"no, you're a real cat too"

"That's not what made me sad, it's that you are saying that there are cats and some are real whilst some are not..."

Or something like that.

Watashi wa chiyo no otousan desu.

and

"ah, but that's a real cat"

*about to cry*

"no, you're a real cat too"

"That's not what made me sad, it's that you are saying that there are cats and some are real whilst some are not..."

Or something like that.

His japanese voice owns.

His japanese voice owns.

Indeed. Does anyone know if the manga is any good? I haven't read it... yet.

Indeed. Does anyone know if the manga is any good? I haven't read it... yet.

manga is brilliant, i have all 4 volumes. The art style seems to change slightly over the course of the 4 volumes. they even provide a translation guide in the back pages to explain what certain things mean. so crappy translation is explained

eg

"good morning musume"

was replaced with

"whats the story morning glory"?????

because western folks wouldnt get it.

manga is brilliant, i have all 4 volumes. The art style seems to change slightly over the course of the 4 volumes. they even provide a translation guide in the back pages to explain what certain things mean. so crappy translation is explained

eg

"good morning musume"

was replaced with

"whats the story morning glory"?????

because western folks wouldnt get it.

It does irritate me when they do stuff like that... they should leave the Japanese. It's like when they translate honorifics.

They should just explain it somewhere else. (good morning musume is a reference to the J-pop group ne?)

It does irritate me when they do stuff like that... they should leave the Japanese. It's like when they translate honorifics.

They should just explain it somewhere else. (good morning musume is a reference to the J-pop group ne?)

Yup, also the fact that Tomo is a big fan of them

eBay is a grate place for anime although i've had a few problems with bootlegs and cop-offs

watching: Elfen Lied, GTO, Love Hina, Azumanga Daioh, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo

eBay is a grate place for anime although i've had a few problems with bootlegs and cop-offs

watching: Elfen Lied, GTO, Love Hina, Azumanga Daioh, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo

Love Hina is a piece of trash compared to it's respective manga. Read it and you'll automatically agree with me. 1st they translate a 14 volume long manga to a 24 episodes series. 2nd as if 24 eps where too much, they add a lot of fillers in between and ignore every good scene from the manga and just add the most irrelevant stuff and 3rd the OVAS, instead of finalizing the anime as it should be, just tell a pointless fillers story about Keitaro's sister, wich is in love with his own brother wich i find sick.

If you'r going to watch love hina anime, then do yourself a favour and read the manga after the anime, not the inverse.

I also heard the GTO manga is pretty good. There is also a prequel of the GTO but it's only in manga form. From the times where he was still a gangsta.

Love Hina is a piece of trash compared to it's respective manga. Read it and you'll automatically agree with me. 1st they translate a 14 volume long manga to a 24 episodes series. 2nd as if 24 eps where too much, they add a lot of fillers in between and ignore every good scene from the manga and just add the most irrelevant stuff and 3rd the OVAS, instead of finalizing the anime as it should be, just tell a pointless fillers story about Keitaro's sister, wich is in love with his own brother wich i find sick.

If you'r going to watch love hina anime, then do yourself a favour and read the manga after the anime, not the inverse.

I also heard the GTO manga is pretty good. There is also a prequel of the GTO but it's only in manga form. From the times where he was still a gangsta.

I read the first volume of both the GTO and Love Hina manga, and didn't like either.

Hot shocking super Japan fun time Evangelion news flash!

It would seem that Newtype October has a bombshell Evangelion announcement lined up. Could it possibly be related to this discovery? Come on Anno, make it so. MAKE IT SO YOU HAIRY LITTLE PIONEER.

Hot shocking super Japan fun time Evangelion news flash!

It would seem that Newtype October has a bombshell Evangelion announcement lined up. Could it possibly be related to this discovery? Come on Anno, make it so. MAKE IT SO YOU HAIRY LITTLE PIONEER.

Great News!! What should it be about? A remake? I can't see anything beyond the End of Evangelion.

I read the first volume of both the GTO and Love Hina manga, and didn't like either.

Too bad, i really liked love hina manga, but the 1st volume alone does not make it justice. I see LH anime has a huge piece of milking material.

Is Evangelion any good? I seen a trailer for it and it looked good but looks can be decieving.

Great News!! What should it be about? A remake? I can't see anything beyond the End of Evangelion.

Too bad, i really liked love hina manga, but the 1st volume alone does not make it justice. I see LH anime has a huge piece of milking material.

I liked both the Love hina manga and anime, I have all 14 volumes of the Manga, and will look to buy the thinpack of the Anime.

But yes, the manga is much much better then the anime. the ending of Love Hina Again kinda pissed me off.

The ending isnt as bad as Berserk or Kare Kano

Is Evangelion any good? I seen a trailer for it and it looked good but looks can be decieving.

It's my favourite anime, but most people think it's overrated or too depressing. Go see for yourself, it's all up on YouTube.

[edit]

Concerning the Love Hina manga.

Absolutely brilliant and lightyears better than the anime. The anime is garbage.

it's all up on YouTube.

Thanks. Thats how i first saw naruto. Should have thought of that. :heh:

It's my favourite anime, but most people think it's overrated or too depressing. Go see for yourself, it's all up on YouTube.

[edit]

Concerning the Love Hina manga.

Absolutely brilliant and lightyears better than the anime. The anime is garbage.

Pretty big chunk of truth here. I saw the anime 1st and thought it was really good, but then i read the manga and... gosh, the anime just turned into below average.

I think evangelion is not overrated, it's really that good. You just have to be open minded. Depressing? Yes it is.

I only recommend watching anime on youtube if it has no action in it, or it will just get all blurry and you won't see the best parts the way they should be seen. And because watching licensed anime on youtube is just as illegal as downloading it from subbers i can only recommend you to download from the subbers, wich is damn fast nowadays. Or you can always go the HKDVD way.:wink:

have people mentions Ghost in the Shell alot yet?

they should!!!

the films are amazing, and both of the TV shows are outstanding IMO. the animation gives my eyes orgasms!!!

Bought myself this from eBay tonight after the advice of 3rd children. I think ill wait a while for GTO, if i buy too many things to watch at once i probably wont watch them atall, i need to focus on one thing at a time.

neoncaseiu1.jpg

Is it really as short as 26 episodes?

Bought myself this from eBay tonight after the advice of 3rd children. I think ill wait a while for GTO, if i buy too many things to watch at once i probably wont watch them atall, i need to focus on one thing at a time.

neoncaseiu1.jpg

Not sure what bootleg set you have there as there are several HKDVD versions of the Evangelion series in existence.

Looks like you have the basic Perfect Collection there, which will not have the movie remakes of episodes 25 and 26 and the extended episodes 21-24. Not to mention the super remastered Renewal/Platinum versions that have been released. But those can be a treat for yourself once you've enjoyed the original version of Eva.

I posted a super long piece of writing several months back that explained all about Evangelion and the various releases. I'm going to try and find it now so you can understand too.

[edit]

Got it. Wow, this is a horrible piece of writing, but I hope it helps.

When GAiNAX was producing the Evangelion TV series (original 26 episode story) they began to run out of sufficient money to animate such a financially demanding show and it shows towards the end. Animation sequences are reused several times throughout the later episodes, there are a lot of cheats used to prevent them having to actually animate ANY movement.

This low-budget run culminated in the last two episodes when GAiNAX was forced to end the series on a different note than planned, with episodes 25 and 26 depicting what was happening with the character's inner conflicts and personalities at the end of the series with very vague hints of what was actually occuring in reality. These final two episodes occur on mostly black backgrounds with endless reused/cheap animation.

Ultimately the series finale was met with mixed reactions, good and bad. Mostly bad. It was a short while after the series ended that GAiNAX decided to do the "PROPER" ending to Evangelion. However due to time constraints in production, they decided it would be best to release to theatres a character-based recap of the animation series up to the episode 24 (Death) and then a preview of their "End of Evangelion" ending, lasting approximately 25 minutes (Rebirth).

This was followed several months later with the theatrical release of "The End of Evangelion", which is labelled as the true ending to the series. It is said these episodes occur as an alternative to episodes 25 and 26, but I see them as an expansion of the themes already introduced. Close inspection of the series and movie endings will give glimpses of The End of Evangelion to support this theory. The two endings occur concurrently, but are told from varying perspectives.

Furthermore, extended versions of episodes 21-24 were produced to incorporate expanded scenes, new animation and tweaked dialogue in order to help fans better understand some of Evangelion's more ambiguous points and events. These are often mis-labelled directors cuts by fans when they are in fact "more true" versions of the episodes than the original 21-24.

The companies responsible for bringing Evangelion to the dubbed world are ADV (original series and extended versions of 21-24 that are designed to replace the last two discs in the Perfect Collection boxed set). ADV produced a Perfect Collection boxed set which contains dubbed/subbed original releases of the show complete with poor video quality. More on ADV's part later.

Manga Entertainment are responsible for the movie releases here, and tried to retain as much of ADV's feel for the series as possible. Most of the voice actors return, and ADV's Perfect Collection and Manga's Death/Rebirth and End of Evangelion sit together comfortably. Manga have since released a compilation set of the movies which to date remains the best and only legitimate way to own them in this country.

Several years ago, GAiNAX began to put out advertisements speaking about the Renewal of Evangelion. Not a sequel, but a renewal of the series as the name entailed. This would see Evangelion re-released on DVD at last with a brand new digital print and 5.1 audio. This first hit in the form of a limited boxed set that was pre-order only and never sold at commercial retail (damned annoying as a DVD boxed set, but with great collectors value I'll add). They later began to release the DVDs in Japan in standard cases for those who missed out on the renewal boxed set and still wanted the best possible Evangelion experience.

ADV negotiated for the Western rights to Renewal but were only able to secure the original 26 episodes and the extended versions of episodes 21-24 because Manga Entertainment held the rights to the movies in the Western world. This did not stop them from releasing Evangelion Renewal under the title of "Neon Genesis Evangelion - Platinum" which is available in beautifully designed single disc releases both here and in the United States and as a thinpak cheaper re-release in the states as Dabookerman stated.

As Platinum is the best quality and legitimate way to obtain Evangelion, the best bet is to try and obtain the thinpack from somewhere and then grab Manga's releases of the movies. There -are- methods to obtain remastered dubs/subs of the movies but these are by no means legitimate and would warrent crucifixion (how fitting in the context of this series) if I started to chat in more depth about them here.

In addition to the television series and movies, there is also a brilliant manga series currently in serialisation in Japan and being released in the West by Viz. Whilst the manga diverts from the series storyline and waters down a lot of the philosophy shown, it provides a fantastic alternative take on the events that occured in the Evangelion anime and stands beside it as a fine companion piece. A bonus with the manga is a more consistent level of artwork by renowned artist, and original Evangelion character designer, Yoshiyuki Sadamoto.

Is it really as short as 26 episodes?

That's the standard anime series length in Japan. Usually most seasons of anime in Japan are comprised of a 26 episode run.

have people mentions Ghost in the Shell alot yet?

they should!!!

the films are amazing, and both of the TV shows are outstanding IMO. the animation gives my eyes orgasms!!!

Yes it amazing, only seen the first film & first TV series now watching the 2nd series. :D

I've just read some stuff about the UK release of Naruto - how Jetix have totally butchered the show xD such as letterboxing the shots to avoid blood, muting key lines and zooming out so you can't see various kunais. Very glad that being in the UK doesn't mean we have to put up with this nonsense. Typically the studio picked it up not understanding anime, and thought it was another kids cartoon, then when we got to stuff like the finale of the first season, out came the censorship :P

I heard another rumour that 209 will end the fillers because thats the official start of the next season? Still, quite a wait. Also the raw of the new movie is available, but my japanese is a little weak so I'll have to wait for the DVD :p

The raw is out already, i thought it was just out in cinemas. Well 196 is out in raw aswell so we are a bit closer to the fillers ending.

I think this pic sums up Naruto on Jetix

narutoonjetixfd4.png