Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great site for finding music from anime shows

Found that a week ago, found every song I wanted to find. Absolutely awesome. :smile:

OOOH! :o

I think I'll get them when they come out, even though I told myself not to buy any Manga of any kind.

Guest Stefkov
Just watched new naruto, was a good episode i thought, reminded me a lot of the early episodes =')

I liked the episode. It was a bit annoying at Naruto's stupidity but everything was explained.

Also watched ep1 of Kyouran Kazoku Nikki. Fucking crazy.

Soul Eater ep 2 already subbed?

Eh tit cakes. :wtf:

Gurren Lagann - SORA-IRO DAYS (Tokyo Brass Style)

Bandai Nabs Guren Lagann

The North American distributor Bandai Entertainment has announced at its New York Comic Con 2008 panel at 17:43 on Friday that it has licensed Hiroyuki Imaishi and Gainax's Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann robot anime series. Another distributor, ADV Films, had announced at Anime Expo 2007 in July that it had licensed this series. However, ADV Films then removed this series and many others from its catalog in January, and did not restore Gurren Lagann's place in its catalog when the other titles returned in February.

www.animenewsnetwork.com

animeondvd

Gurren Lagann from Bandai Entertainment is apparently going to get an unusual release from the company as they're going to rush it out the door starting in July - subtitled only. A dubbed version will be released starting in the first quarter of 2009. But in 2008, releases of the entire series will come out in July, August and September, presumably in the same kind of double disc sets mentioned for other new titles.

some interesting nuggets:

Gurren Lagann's dub will be started over from scratch and will not use what was started by ADV Films

Blu-ray is in the works in general, but nothing has been firmed up for any title at this point.

Gurren Lagann will be released in three chunks over the summer on DVD though they are looking at online distribution options as well

animeondvd

Its a toss up between AEN and Rumbel for me. I personally go for rumbel, but I might have to change to AEN because Im starting to think the timing may be a little off (Episode 1 that is, episode 2 is nearly finished so I can make a decision based on these 2).

Rumbel also offer better explanations for the terms used by the anime, although Lone Wolf explained something that Rumbel didnt in the first release, but it wasnt important, just more of a little side joke.

Guest Maase

It doesn't matter to me xD

I only want to understand the story, i don't need 25 different terms just to understand 100% every detail :\

5cm per second may be a sappy love story but fuck me if it isn't eye poppingingly amazing to look at, imagine this IN MOTION.

http://sanchless.com/uploads/5cm2.png

http://sanchless.com/uploads/5cm3.png

http://sanchless.com/uploads/5cm4.png

http://sanchless.com/uploads/5cm5.png

http://sanchless.com/uploads/5cm.png

I've got a shitload of huge wallpapers from 5cm and his other works.

And it may be sappy, but it's awesome ^^

Guest Stefkov

I started Clannad last night. What is it's genre? Some parts it's really sad, then some parts I'm laughing out loud.

I watched episode 2 of Soul Eater and Enjoyed it a lot! :DBlack star is cool! :grin: Though i prefer Soul and His fight with Blair!

Still a very enjoyable series and i can't wait for Death the Kidd's episode next week! :)

If there were reputation points on this forum, I would so give you a negative for that statement.

I absolutely hate black star, I'm upto date with the manga (waiting for the rest to get translated, the group with the most chapters is still 4 volumes behind) and I absolutely hate his character. Gotta love Soul and Death the kid though, and my all time favourite, Maka's father, Death Scythe (I keep thinking of Gundam Wing when I hear that)

Im going to begin rewatching Elfen Lied once I rewatch Gundam 00 season 1, Elfen Lied had me in manly tears, but not enough to rival Gurren Lagann's ending.

Edit: Soul Eater, Higurashi, Bamboo Blade and other manga licensed

Yen Press have licensed these titles, the same who licensed the Haruhi Suzumiya light novels. Apparently they'l all run in the anthology magazine Yen Press will be publishing.

Shame the volumes wont see releases until next year =( I've been looking forward to the Soul Eater manga release too..

I started Clannad last night. What is it's genre? Some parts it's really sad, then some parts I'm laughing out loud.

It's genre is concentrated awesome. To be honest, it doesn't really have one, but I suggest you stick through until season two, which will be brilliant. (providing, that is, that they adapt the game as well as they've been doing so far)

Incidentally, unless you want to be badly, badly spoiled, DO NOT WATCH THE CLANNAD MOVIE. Even if you do want to be spoiled, I wouldn't recommend it because it's crap - it's made by a different animation studio, and the characters, story and animation are all heavily warped. This goes to everyone, even if you've seen all of Clannad season 1.

Guest Stefkov
It's genre is concentrated awesome. To be honest, it doesn't really have one, but I suggest you stick through until season two, which will be brilliant. (providing, that is, that they adapt the game as well as they've been doing so far)

Incidentally, unless you want to be badly, badly spoiled, DO NOT WATCH THE CLANNAD MOVIE. Even if you do want to be spoiled, I wouldn't recommend it because it's crap - it's made by a different animation studio, and the characters, story and animation are all heavily warped. This goes to everyone, even if you've seen all of Clannad season 1.

I'll keep that in mind.

I'm gonna stick with it, it's short so I see no reason to stop.

On a side note I just watched 5cm per second. It looked incredible but I'm just confused.

I've finished Azumanga Daioh.

My word, that show was excellent. :grin:

If you're interested, I wrote a review for it on an anime forum. here.

You always watch dubs right? What did you think of Osaka's Texan accent? Once I decided to see what the dub was like, and her accent just seemed really odd. They also gave Shizuru of Mai-HiME a Texan accent in the dub, which was just as bad. I have no idea why dubbers think kansai-ben = Texan... for Shizuru at least, an English accent would have been far more appropriate. Heh, maybe Osaka could be cockney. :heh: *struggles to imagine this and fails*

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!