N-Europe

Guest Stefkov

So Shadow told me last night, Eureka Seven movie is green lighted. Personally can't wait but I'd much rather a second season of FMA or a second movie.

Has anyone seen School Days? I was scrolling and saw this so I plunged and started getting it. Also the Animal crossing movie, anyone seen?

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Shinji screams like a demented girl in the dub? Its all about the scream.
Absolutely.

I watched Evangelion a long time ago, before I was into anime really, so for me it was just natural to watch it dubbed. I bought the DVD boxset, rather than downloading it (it was back before broadband, anyway) and wasn't really aware of the idea of dubs being generally considered demon spawn.

I concur, Bleach 166 was the best episode of anything I've watched in ages. Amazing, movie like animation, great turn for the story, great pacing, great action... just really enjoyable. Can't believe the cliffhanger ending though! Ouch.

BLEACH!!! Not a bad ending actually, at least there was some pay off other than just prepping for another round of battle.

I hope inoue has some time to heal. :-/

Apparantly soul eater has one of the worst voice actors ever, I hope it isn't too bad. :-/ I saw some screenshots, cool art style.

Watching first ep now. THis must be the same artist as Darker than black for the OP.

E1: lol, mask ichigo is a rapist.

Guest Stefkov

Anyone else get the Bleach HD that dattebayo had up? Gonna watch it soonish, by the sounds of things it's good.

Is Soul Eater subbed yet? Anyone know who is subbing it? Too many questions.

Anyone else get the Bleach HD that dattebayo had up? Gonna watch it soonish, by the sounds of things it's good.

The Bleach HDTV is amazing, you're going to love it. ;)

Ok Soul Eater:

Amazing animation, creative art style, promising premise (with the bones 51 episode series guarantee), great action; terrible, terrible voice. Maka's voice is just so woody and lifeless. There was so many people complaining on 2ch within the first 10 minutes that they might fire the current actor and find a new one

Ugh.

VV Yeah, should be "premise"

Soul Eater is Subbed! I think i watched it with AEN's subs... I'm not sure though!

Here is the list of who is subbing what:

http://www.fansubwiki.com/Who_Subs_What:_SPRING_2008

I just watched again Subbed and i thought it was great! The best first episode i've seen so far this spring! :D

I didn't have a big problem with the Voice Acting but i don't pick up on these things very well, but Maka's did feel very wooden! I wouldn't mind if they change her. :)

The animation is Beautiful and i think i'll enjoy the story! Bones FTW!

I can't wait for the Eureka 7 Movie either no matter what it's like I loved the show. :grin:

Guest Stefkov
The Bleach HDTV is amazing, you're going to love it. ;)

...It's not that I don't find it funny, it's just now I have to wait to watch it and I've been waiting all day...

So anyone seen School Days and recommends?

...It's not that I don't find it funny, it's just now I have to wait to watch it and I've been waiting all day...

I started watching ages ago when it was on.... was kind of enjoyable but crap, ya know? Probably 'cause im not a fan of the genre though. And I hear the ending's pretty weird... o.O

Meanwhile, anyone, how are the AEN subs for soul eater? I've heard their subs are generally pretty rubbish... figured id ask here before i acquire it....

I started watching ages ago when it was on.... was kind of enjoyable but crap, ya know? Probably 'cause im not a fan of the genre though. And I hear the ending's pretty weird... o.O

Meanwhile, anyone, how are the AEN subs for soul eater? I've heard their subs are generally pretty rubbish... figured id ask here before i acquire it....

The subs are terrible but bearable. If you want quality would would be best waiting.

I'm watching todays bleach twice, it's worth it. They have new music and I love the elongated stylistic attacks at 11:25 minutes in.

I forget, what Number is Grimmjow?

wtf I didn't think Bleach had caught up this much.

Its at the start of the rescue Orhime arc yeah?

Too bad I really don't have the time for it at the moment.

Ichigo is revived by orihime so Grimmjow can fight him again.

Guest Stefkov
I forget, what Number is Grimmjow?

If wiki is right, 6.

If he's 6 and that's his strength...if the Espada above him release their sword then it's gonna be awesome. If they keep up the quality of the animation.

Firstly: Stop arguing so viciously about subs vs. dubs, you know the only real way to watch anime is raw. :heh: By Oxigen's argument at least (which I somewhat agree with), understanding the original language is infinitely superior to anything else. Subs are a better approximation of the original than dubs, but they're still an approximation. This doesn't stop dubs being worthwhile, though I tend not to like them. (yes, I do test the dubs on my dvds, but haven't liked any) Both subs and dubs are cool if you don't know Japanese, and I recommend subs... after all, it's what I use most of the time.

If you ask me (and I am a fan of the genre), School Days was very gripping, but ultimately the characters were all such utter bastards that I almost couldn't watch it. The ending is nevertheless interesting, though over the top. Watch CLANNAD series 2 when it comes out for an example of an extremely good visual novel ending.

Guest Stefkov
Anyone got an answer to this:

How the hell does Ichigo manage to maintain hollow mask for like half an episode, when he was having bother holding it for 11 seconds? :wtf:

Didn't Grimmjow say

He'd gotten stronger without realising. Either he had practised before hand or the battles that led up to this battle had made him stronger. But yeah, it's strange he held it for that long.

Just watched the first ep of Soul Eater. Jeez, Bones are excellent. The colours and animation, my jaw was on the floor.

PS: Wow. WiND have just released ep 16 of Higurashi. Seems they've done the DVDs of them aswell, the first two dvds.

Anyone got an answer to this:

How the hell does Ichigo manage to maintain hollow mask for like half an episode, when he was having bother holding it for 11 seconds? :wtf:

11 seconds was before he went to hueco mundo, before he knew Inoue had been taken. My guess is it's his anger that made it work better, plus being in Hueco Mundo with a hollow-like reiatsu and basically training through battling (he's had 2 more battles using the mask since then).

Awesome episode though, non?

edit: I don't know anything about soul eater, anyone subbed it yet?

11 seconds was before he went to hueco mundo, before he knew Inoue had been taken. My guess is it's his anger that made it work better, plus being in Hueco Mundo with a hollow-like reiatsu and basically training through battling (he's had 2 more battles using the mask since then).

Awesome episode though, non?

edit: I don't know anything about soul eater, anyone subbed it yet?

AEN have subbed it so far! they are ok!

Though to get better ones you should wait a bit longer! don't know when they are out though.

http://www.fansubwiki.com/Who_Subs_What:_SPRING_2008

Here is a list i don't know whether it's helpful or not! :)

What is this second version of Soul Eater that aired today? What is the difference?

I've decided to start Bleach from the beginning again as i've gone back to it today and i have no idea what is going on! and can't remember what happened before! it's been ages since i last watched it. well i best get going!

*begins episode 1* :D