NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
mike-zim

March? What will Wii do?

The producer actually said in the Q and A after the trailer was shown at E3 that this is all they'd done on the game cause they'd only just set up there headquarters and everything. You know Nintendo aren't gonna mess around with this game and just knock it out. Probably the third most important game after mario and zelda.

Nintendo would be letting the world know if this game was coming out soon.

Aye, i would expect them to take their time with something as precious as Smash Bros. A christmas 2007 release would seem reasonable, but funny things happen in the world of gaming.

Yeah its clear that the Wii was not created to be take on the PS3. I honestly think that the controller, the VC, and a carefully orchestrated software release schedule will guarantee the Wii's success, regardless of what Sony achieves with the PS3

Also, i dont think Mario is required to be Nintendo's savior anymore, when there is so much other good 1st and 3rd party stuff coming

They really oversaturated the GC with Mario and i hope Nintendo will hang him up for a few years after Galaxy and MAKE NEW IP'S

We're definitely going to be seeing some new IPs. We still haven't seen much of Project Hammer or Disaster: Day Of Crisis.

We're definitely going to be seeing some new IPs. We still haven't seen much of Project Hammer or Disaster: Day Of Crisis.

I'm sure I've seen a new trailer for Project Hammer over the past week.

EDIT: nope it was just in that massive Wii trailer wasn't it. Not much shown of it

out of curiosity, i remember it being said that Miyamoto would have a brand new IP ready at launch. Were they talking about Wii Sports or Excitetruck or what?

I'm sure I've seen a new trailer for Project Hammer over the past week.

If you can get a link for us, that would be great.

It's still pretty much an unknown title, though. Details are really scarce.

out of curiosity, i remember it being said that Miyamoto would have a brand new IP ready at launch. Were they talking about Wii Sports or Excitetruck or what?

I think it was announced after them 2 games were shown so can't be them. Can't imagine Miyamoto coming up with Excitetruck anyway!

They launch the motherload of games and other items on the DAY of PS3 launch.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Super Mario Galaxy

Black Wii Console, Controller and Nunchuk

Pink Wii Console, Controller and Nunchuk

Fire Emblem

Phantom Hourglass (for back-up ;)

Metroid Prime 3

Lots of VC games

What's the point of doing anything, it will only get overshadowed by the PS3. Plus it's bound to sell out regardless, so it may be piontless to waste a decent title.

MP3, Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros and a small price drop should do it.

Spot-on, i think this will happen as well.

Metroid Prime 3.

Let's be realistic, Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. probably wont be here until late 2007.

I think Mario will be out end-of March, but Smash bros will be released November 07.

I hope so anyway!

Metroid Prime 3.

Let's be realistic, Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. probably wont be here until late 2007.

I take it you joined for E3 alone? Mario Galaxy will be out within six months of the console, IGN have it down December 31 for Japan.

ok so we know thw wii will be out at christmas. we know that because there is no PS3 then the wii will have a bumper sale at crimbo and carry on through to march relatively unchallenged.

March 2007 and the PS3 get released. What do nintendo do to make sure that the PS3 doesnt steal all the sales? do we see some bumper first party titles released then? i though MP3 was meant to be a launch title. are they deliberately holding it back till march? will we see SSB, FF:CC & other A* games out then?

i am fascinated and wana know what you guys think. please lets discuss : peace: out.

yep thats what i think too.metroid looks really impressive.Are microsoft planning something similiar with halo 3?lol sorry i havent a clue when thats coming out but they should launch it on the same day lol

What's the point of doing anything, it will only get overshadowed by the PS3. Plus it's bound to sell out regardless, so it may be piontless to waste a decent title.

I'm actually thinking of waiting for the UK PS3 launch, and getting than instead of a Wii, because Nintendo are more likely to slash the price within the next year.

PS3 has a better launch line-up than Wii, so I'm actually a bit more ampted for that. And they'll reconfigure PS3's European price, probably, to make up for the delay.

Metroid Prime 3 is not big enough to withstand a PS3 launch, especially Metal Gear Solid 4 (a PS3 launch title).

The only games I can think of that would compete would be Halo 3 or Gears of War, but GoW is released to compete with the US launch (and it's Euro release is the same day too).

I'm actually thinking of waiting for the UK PS3 launch, and getting than instead of a Wii, because Nintendo are more likely to slash the price within the next year..

*Choke*...I'm sorry, you what?? Zelda is faaaar more anticipated than MGS 4. And to be honest, there is really nothing else of interest from the PS3 launch or launch window...unless tekken 6 is out on launch, which I doubt.

That was a bit of a stupid comment there mate.

I seriously doubt there will be a price drop only 3 months after launch. And they dont need to. There is a £250 price difference.

I see Mario Galaxy hitting the shelves around that time.

Nintendo will release Big Brain Academy AND Mario Galaxy the day of the PS3 launch...just wait :D

I'm actually thinking of waiting for the UK PS3 launch, and getting than instead of a Wii, because Nintendo are more likely to slash the price within the next year.

This is likely, either a price drop for the Wii 12 months after launch or a new colour/better bundles.

PS3 has a better launch line-up than Wii, so I'm actually a bit more ampted for that.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I hope you realise that there are like 3 titles confirmed as launch titles for the PS3. And one of those is Warhawk which I really hope has improved control-wise since E3. Wii is going to have the best console launch line-up in gaming history, hands down. Far more games than any other console and lots of support from third-parties, specifically from many genres. Unless you're talking about games like Heavenly Sword which are "launch window" games i.e. 6 months after launch.

And they'll reconfigure PS3's European price, probably, to make up for the delay.

Nonono. I highly doubt they will. Sony have shown that they don't give a shit about their European customers. Not just with the PS3 delay but with the great value new PSP packs that Europe aren't getting for no good reason. The people who can afford £425 could afford £600.

Metroid Prime 3 is not big enough to withstand a PS3 launch, especially Metal Gear Solid 4 (a PS3 launch title). The only games I can think of that would compete would be Halo 3 or Gears of War, but GoW is released to compete with the US launch (and it's Euro release is the same day too).

I agree, I expect MP3 and possibly Mario Galaxy/Smash Bros. Two big titles for the Wii should be good for people who think the PS3 is too pricey, and when combined with Halo 3 on the 360 should hold back a lot of possible PS3 buyers.

Hang on, you're worried about the Wii price...so you're going to pay more than twice the amount on a PS3?

I don't see the logic in this.

Fair enough, a lot of us were expecting the price to be lower. But, its not as disgusting as the amount Sony are asking for with the PS3.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I hope you realise that there are like 3 titles confirmed as launch titles for the PS3. And one of those is Warhawk which I really hope has improved control-wise since E3. Wii is going to have the best console launch line-up in gaming history, hands down. Far more games than any other console and lots of support from third-parties, specifically from many genres. Unless you're talking about games like Heavenly Sword which are "launch window" games i.e. 6 months after launch.

Actually, Heavenly Sword is said to be ready for the march euopean launch.

PS3 will have a solid launch line-up:

* Armored Core 4

* Blade Storm: Hundred Years War

* Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII

* Call of Duty 3

* Fatal Inertia

* F.E.A.R.

* Fight Night: Round 3

* Full Auto 2: Battlelines

* Genji: Days of the Blade

* Heavenly Sword

* Lair

* NBA Live 07

* Need for Speed: Carbon

* Resistance: Fall of Man

* Ridge Racer 7

* Sonic the Hedgehog

* Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007

* Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas

* Tony Hawk's Project 8

* Warhawk

* Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom

If you can get a link for us, that would be great.

It's still pretty much an unknown title, though. Details are really scarce.

And will probably be one of those titles that is either sub-standard, or just disappears from their 2007 line-up.

Hang on, you're worried about the Wii price...so you're going to pay more than twice the amount on a PS3?

I don't see the logic in this.

Fair enough, a lot of us were expecting the price to be lower. But, its not as disgusting as the amount Sony are asking for with the PS3.

PS3 is actually worth MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE than £400. You're getting:

- a quality Blu-Ray player, capable of 1080p output through HDMI. The PS3 is hundreds less than a stand-alone BR system, yet has the same fuctionality

- the best consumer graphics card developed by man (probably worth £250 itself - my Mac Pro has one just under the CELL specs, and that cost me £300 extra)

- fully integrated online functionality, with Sony BMG music shop

Seeing how I would pay up to £600 for a Blu-Ray player, the fact the PS3 is £200 less with even better features (an entire gaming system!), it's much better value for money.

You see, I would pay £400 for a PS3, even if it wasn't a gaming system.

And I don't see the PS3 as a gaming system. It's an entertainment system, much like the Xbox 360 will be with its HD-DVD player attachment. Both Xbox and PS3 are in a completely different league to Wii.

I agree, I expect MP3 and possibly Mario Galaxy/Smash Bros. Two big titles for the Wii should be good for people who think the PS3 is too pricey, and when combined with Halo 3 on the 360 should hold back a lot of possible PS3 buyers.

I don't think so. Most my friends and people I know are just waiting for the PS3, and won't change their minds any time soon.

I'm getting a Blu-Ray player anyway, might as well make it a PS3 and save myself a few hundred bucks. That's how Sony will win at the end of the day, the PS3 is the only logical solution to anyone wanting a Blu-Ray player.

And will probably be one of those titles that is either sub-standard, or just disappears from their 2007 line-up.

PS3 is actually worth MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE than £400. You're getting:

- a quality Blu-Ray player, capable of 1080p output through HDMI. The PS3 is hundreds less than a stand-alone BR system, yet has the same fuctionality

- the best consumer graphics card developed by man (probably worth £250 itself - my Mac Pro has one just under the CELL specs, and that cost me £300 extra)

- fully integrated online functionality, with Sony BMG music shop

Seeing how I would pay up to £600 for a Blu-Ray player, the fact the PS3 is £200 less with even better features (an entire gaming system!), it's much better value for money.

You see, I would pay £400 for a PS3, even if it wasn't a gaming system.

And I don't see the PS3 as a gaming system. It's an entertainment system, much like the Xbox 360 will be with its HD-DVD player attachment. Both Xbox and PS3 are in a completely different league to Wii.

I know a lot of people complained about having to have WiiSports with the Wii, but what about if you don't want all this techno-shizzle with the PS3? What about those of us who just want the PS3 to play the next generation of games on the next Playstation console? We're still going to have to pay an obscene price for all this stuff that we may necessarily not want.

Sign in to follow this