N-Europe

European Wii Preorders

Charlie

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stefkov

I just phoned GAME to tell them I wanted a bundle.

I as him if he can hold my Wii and bundle in the back till half 1 ish. He said because of limited stock he cant do that !:shakehead

So I've asked my mum to take me at 7 o'clock Thats fine with her. I dont think she approved of me still takin the last lesson off now.

Who cares though.

I'll be playing my Wii.

Gonna get there at 7, and take some photos of peopel arriving.

I just phoned GAME to tell them I wanted a bundle.

I as him if he can hold my Wii and bundle in the back till half 1 ish. He said because of limited stock he cant do that !:shakehead

So I've asked my mum to take me at 7 o'clock Thats fine with her. I dont think she approved of me still takin the last lesson off now.

Who cares though.

I'll be playing my Wii.

Gonna get there at 7, and take some photos of peopel arriving.

GAME told me that they would hold it for two days...surely they can't sell your pre-ordered Wii that you have paid for on the same day it comes out, what about the people who will be working all day Friday and can't pick it up will Saturday?

Quote: PC World - Will have no extra stock on launch day, and have only been allocated 20% of their pre-orders. So this is a no go now. An email was sent to stores today confirming this apparently.

Was that only 20% of online pre-orders too? or purely in-store ones... got me worried here!!

Having read a few comments in this thread that PCWorld weren't going to send anything out until the 8th, and resigning myself to the fact that I wasn't going to get my Wii until next week, I've just received an email from them to say that they are now processing my order and will let me know when it's despatched.

OK, so they still might not send it until the end of the week, but at least I now know that they're doing something.

I have noticed, however, that it's only my Wii that's being processed. My Wii Play, 2 extra controllers and 3 extra nunchucks are still in pre-order status.

Guest Stefkov
GAME told me that they would hold it for two days...surely they can't sell your pre-ordered Wii that you have paid for on the same day it comes out, what about the people who will be working all day Friday and can't pick it up will Saturday?

I preorded the Wii and thats mine. This was about the games/acessories. They cant hold them cos of shortages.

Im getting it in the morning anyway.

Im all excited now. I wish I had my DSL now, its still a Nintendo, I got an email abck saying they dont have any in stock to replace mine with!!!

YAY good news lads got bored of waiting so phoned Game the guy was really helpful checked out my details and said he 100% has a console for me then asked if i wanted any games i then said zelda and wii play as my online orders haven't been dispatched and he said that they can't 100% guarentee those. I spose he was asking so that i get double reward points for pre-ordering.

My store is opening at 8 so my new plan is work at 7 get all the newspapers and magazines out do returns then sprint to game estimated time of arrival 8:15

Having read a few comments in this thread that PCWorld weren't going to send anything out until the 8th, and resigning myself to the fact that I wasn't going to get my Wii until next week, I've just received an email from them to say that they are now processing my order and will let me know when it's despatched.

OK, so they still might not send it until the end of the week, but at least I now know that they're doing something.

I have noticed, however, that it's only my Wii that's being processed. My Wii Play, 2 extra controllers and 3 extra nunchucks are still in pre-order status.

Ditto!! I was annoyed at the thought of it only being sent on 8/12 but I reckon Cust Ser may be talking crap as the website clearly says pre-orders will be sent to arrive on launch day in the FAQs. Gotta remember that even if it's a few days late it's still coming unlike some unlucky people... :bouncy:

I fear there will. Zelda will be in short supply without a doubt.

naw, didn't happen in America on launch day and Nintendo know the demand and how much the UK spends on games etc.

anyway i'm sure i'll have no probs getting it in a bundle at midnight ish.

Guest Stefkov

Yeah I agree wih Conzer.

As i just said i phoned GAME and they said that games/accesssories will be in short supply.

They said they couldnt hold my bundle till later in the day.

Yeah I agree wih Conzer.

As i just said i phoned GAME and they said that games/accesssories will be in short supply.

They said they couldnt hold my bundle till later in the day.

i dont think they'll say anything if i want a game with my console and haven't preordered it seeing as i'll be one of the first few in the queue. at the worst i can go to HMV and get them from there lol

Anybody who's ordered the component cables from play.com?

My order is still live, yet you cannot find the page for the component cables(you know, if you wanted to buy one, try to search for it) which worries me a bit, as they don't normally take the page down, they just list it as sold out right??

My GAME have got most of their stock in the stock room now!

40 Wii's and 40 Zeldas! Wii: Play will come in the next couple of days and they won't be getting many!

Supposadely head-office want to do Games/Accessories first come first serve but my GAME manager isn't having any of it.

Every store seems to be saying different things....

Got a call from Game today, the guy on the phone told me I wouldn't be getting one and that I'd have to wait for the second shipment.. I was pretty disappointed but then he told me he was only joking and that he was looking at my Wii as we spoke!

He invited me to the midnight launch, but I decided against it and he said that's fine, it'll all be ready for me the following morning instead. I have till Sunday to collect it, otherwise it'll be sold to someone else. Needless to say, I'll be there first thing Friday morning. I've had Zelda preordered since early October, but he couldn't guarantee that I'd get it on the day, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that. Why can't it be Friday already?!

Was that only 20% of online pre-orders too? or purely in-store ones... got me worried here!!

From looking at other comments I'm guessing it means in-store pre-orders. Unless customer services were just chucking any excuse at me to get me off the phone.

I'm not worried now though about picking one without a pre-order.

Got a call from Game today, the guy on the phone told me I wouldn't be getting one and that I'd have to wait for the second shipment.. I was pretty disappointed but then he told me he was only joking and that he was looking at my Wii as we spoke!

He invited me to the midnight launch, but I decided against it and he said that's fine, it'll all be ready for me the following morning instead. I have till Sunday to collect it, otherwise it'll be sold to someone else. Needless to say, I'll be there first thing Friday morning. I've had Zelda preordered since early October, but he couldn't guarantee that I'd get it on the day, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that. Why can't it be Friday already?!

lol if that guy would have said that to me I would have been very scared!

Just received this by email!

oh and it cost me £29.99 stuff buying it in the shop! bargain! : peace:

I am delighted to let you know that your Preorder for Wii Play with Wii Remote will be with you shortly. The order will be despatched by your chosen delivery method in time to reach you for the morning of release.

By using the GAME 1st To Play Preorder Service you have ensured that you will be among the first people to receive Wii Play with Wii Remote, and we are confident that you will be happy with the order, our service and our speedy delivery!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!