Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

European Wii Preorders

Charlie

Out of curiosity - and following various Argos related posts here - I visited one Argos branch to see what happens when I try to preorder Wii (I already have it secured elsewhere).

It was weird to say the least.

First, I typed in the item code (as you do) at the catalogue: 568 3257. The little Argos digipad displayed "Only available for delivery". So, I went to a cash till for delivery order. The woman at the counter (who didn't know what 'Wii' was) asked me my address etc. Then she asked on what date I want it delivered.

She replied: November 23rd, 24th, 27th, 28th etc... December 1st, 20th.

And I was like, WTF. I looked at her screen and sure enough, all those dates were there on the system, ready to be chosen. The woman was clueless. She got someone senior over and she was clueless as well. There certainly wasn't a pre-order list at the store.

I don't know about you, but that gave me no confidence in Argos system. Argos system is centralized for the UK and it is not aware of the state of Wii. It's almost as if Argos Headquarters didn't know what it is and just added it to the catalogue and set it up like a new kettle hitting the market.

The lack of attention towards Argos by Wii buyers mean that they may not bump into a problem, but I have the feeling they don't have a system setup to detect over-reserving preorders. Their main system seemed as clueless as the women working there. And I fear that Argos online shop is also hooked up to the same system.

Incidentally, Woolworths online store is guaranteeing a Wii in the launch week. Now, that is more exact and reassuring...

isn't there a Wii S-Video cable?!?!?

I think there is meant to be 1. It's out in Japan. Maybe you could get component cable and get a component -> S-Video adapter....

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two minutes until Amazon pre-orders are up. I've set up 1-Click ordering, and with any luck I'll get one before the rush. It wouldn't surprise me to see them gone in a matter of minutes considering how many people lost a GAME preorder/left it to the last minute like me..

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!