Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

European Wii Preorders

Charlie

i preodered mine form gamestation about 4 days after the launch date was announced but forgot to ask where abouts i was on the list so i may give them a ring tommorow and see if i am getting one on launch

I preordered the Sunday after the date was announced (on the Friday) and also forgot to ask where I was in the list, so I'd be interested to know if they can tell me.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone know if virgin take deposits instore? might pop in there and get another back up preorder tomorrow.

I went into Virgin last night on the way home and was told that they had just, earlier on in the day, filled all of their allocated pre-orders - Virgin had been allocated 1000 units.

Was told that there might be a 2nd allocation in a week or so's time.

So it looks like I'm just going to have to rely on PCWorld delivering.

I went into Virgin last night on the way home and was told that they had just, earlier on in the day, filled all of their allocated pre-orders - Virgin had been allocated 1000 units.

Was told that there might be a 2nd allocation in a week or so's time.

So it looks like I'm just going to have to rely on PCWorld delivering.

I pre-ordered from pcworld.co.uk yesterday. Hopefully they have enough stock to fill demand.

I pre-ordered from pcworld.co.uk yesterday. Hopefully they have enough stock to fill demand.

I notice that on the PCWorld web site they now have a message saying:

"PRE ORDERING DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU WILL GET A NINTENDO WII ON DAY OF LAUNCH. WE WILL ENSURE WE GET A WII TO YOU AS SOON AS STOCK AVAILABILITY ALLOWS."

When I went into PCWorld yesterday, they were not taking any more pre-orders, so I think you'll be very lucky to get one on launch day if you only pre-ordered yesterday.

I pre-ordered mine from pcworld.co.uk on the 27th September, so hopefully this was early enough to get one.

"PRE ORDERING DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU WILL GET A NINTENDO WII ON DAY OF LAUNCH. WE WILL ENSURE WE GET A WII TO YOU AS SOON AS STOCK AVAILABILITY ALLOWS."

When I went into PCWorld yesterday, they were not taking any more pre-orders, so I think you'll be very lucky to get one on launch day if you only pre-ordered yesterday.

I pre-ordered mine from pcworld.co.uk on the 27th September, so hopefully this was early enough to get one.

Well I won't be using it until December 20th (My birthday). Plus they told me they won't ship them until 5 days after 8th December.

Gameplay.com have never let me down before... lets hope they don't for launch. I got my pre order in within the first hour.

But as i learned from the 360 launch, that really doesn't matter.

Gameplay.com have never let me down before... lets hope they don't for launch. I got my pre order in within the first hour.

But as i learned from the 360 launch, that really doesn't matter.

What time did they open pre-orders?

I got mine in at 2pm and thus i'm worried

They always had that message on the website. I also ordered around the time you did so I am also hopeful but would be nice if they let us know! :confused:

Well I won't be using it until December 20th (My birthday). Plus they told me they won't ship them until 5 days after 8th December.

They def won't ship til 5 days later? Their FAQ's state Pre-Orders will reach you on the first day to market. PCWorld deals are great but I have to admit I'm glad my 'back-up' order at Game is confirmed now....

http://www.play3k.com

iv been told as long as the banner that says guaranteed launch hardware is up and running they havnt allocated all thier stock it will be altered as and when they fill up thier allocations. ive sent a fair few emails asking and checking about them, and they have said as long as you order asap you will get one.

Has anyone ever used this company before? Are they reliable?

Personally, I've never heard of them before, but am tempted to order as a backup.

Has anyone ever used this company before? Are they reliable?

Personally, I've never heard of them before, but am tempted to order as a backup.

you see iv never ordered to them, but the emails they sent seem reassuring. for me aswell its a back up order aswell. ive ordered a copy of street fighter 2 collection for just £5.99 on xbox to see how quickly they despatch and post

you see iv never ordered to them, but the emails they sent seem reassuring. for me aswell its a back up order aswell. ive ordered a copy of street fighter 2 collection for just £5.99 on xbox to see how quickly they despatch and post

I may be barking up the wrong tree, and don't take this the wrong way if I am, but judging by your comments concerning this company and your apparent close proximity to them I'm getting a niggling feeling that you, or someone that you know, may work for them, and that you're possibly doing a bit of sneeky advertising on their part.

I may be barking up the wrong tree, and don't take this the wrong way if I am, but judging by your comments concerning this company and your apparent close proximity to them I'm getting a niggling feeling that you, or someone that you know, may work for them, and that you're possibly doing a bit of sneeky advertising on their part.

no no no! i just emailed them asking them, i hadnt even heard about them until someone else posted about them, look far enuf back and u'll see me asking if they are any good. i just emailed them asking a few questions and they seemed to say the right things admittedly they could have hoodwinked me!

i'll even post the emails,trust me im not getting anything out of this. i dont have any close proximity to them at all.

Im gonig into town today for an eye checkup. Gamestaion is right by my opticians so im going to go and ask about stock allocations, and maybe ask about bundles too..

I'd still be able to cancel my Red Steel order from play.com right?

How odd. My local Gamestation is next to my opticians as well.

They always had that message on the website. I also ordered around the time you did so I am also hopeful but would be nice if they let us know! :confused:

I'm pretty certain that it wasn't there when I placed my order. The notice is so big and obvious I know I would have seen it.

Suspect it's gone on since their initial allotment of Wii's has been taken up.

Yes. twentyseven days to go. My pre-order is pretty much guaranteed so yey! Everything is set to go. Now let's fix the television my brother broke so I can play through the night without having to stop for my parent's wanting to watch their soap or National Geographic (they alwalls fall asleep in front of that one, but changing channels is not an option, they awake as soon as you do so). I'm almost ready to go. I can't wait...

Oh, and where did the countdown timer go to? It was ugly as hell, but it helped.

Got an e-mail from Amazon this morning:

Get ready for a revolution in video gaming--Nintendo Wii is coming!

If you're into gaming as much as we are, then December 8, 2006 will no doubt be etched into your brain as the day that Nintendo launches their Wii console in the UK.

Well, we've got another date for you: Tuesday, November 21, 2006. This is the day Amazon.co.uk will start taking pre-orders for the Wii.

I'm not preordering from them, but I thought others might like to know the date. :)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!