NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

Very pleased that I changed my Wiiplay order from Play to Game. Not sure if anyone remembers but I found out I could save myself a fiver with Game and guarentee it for launch this was about a week and a half ago. I got a bit of stick from people saying I was silly etc and my chances of getting it were slim but hoorah it got posted this morning

Well ive got some mixed news:

*Red Steel should be arriving today from Play.com

*Amazon have dispatched Zelda:TP via Royal Mail Special Delivery

*The Wii console has not been sent out yet, though

*PC World are processing my Wii Nunchuk orders now

*However they also made a big blunder, My order of 2 Wii Remotes just turned into 2 orders of Wii Play instead. Ive had to cancel that. The fools... Now I have to go out and try to find 2 Wii Remotes tommorow.

Well I got that Play E-mail telling me I won't get my nunchucks.

So I'm gonna try getting one at midnight or sometime tomorrow!

Well at least I know I ain't getting that!

*PC World are processing my Wii Nunchuk orders now

*However they also made a big blunder, My order of 2 Wii Remotes just turned into 2 orders of Wii Play instead. Ive had to cancel that. The fools... Now I have to go out and try to find 2 Wii Remotes tommorow.

I've just checked my PCWorld order. My 2 remotes have become 2 Wii Plays and my Wii Play has become a Wii Remote. However, the prices have stayed the same as prior to this change. As long as I don't get charged any extra, I don't mind as I'll still end up with what I wanted (albeit with an extra copy of Wii Play).

***Edit*** Just checked the email confirmations I received this morning for these orders and they are correct as 1 Wii Play and 2 Remotes. I suspect that it's just the web site that's a bit screwed up.

damn u people who have already had their amazon orders dispatched.Mine hasn't, guess it does take awhile for them to get through them all, so peoples will be sent out before others.

went to my local gamestation store today and behind the counter they had hundreds of zeldas, its only a small store so dont reckon they will be getting as many preorders, so theres stilll hope yet to snag a copy.

Get fucking in there son!!!!

Woooo!

Rang a WHSmith, and they've reserved me a Wii Console on the phone. Open at 9am aswell. Beeming smile currently. Screw fighting the crowds in John Lewis tomorrow. No pre-order FTW!

GAME dispatched mine yesterday. It ussually comes the next day when they do that. My DS came a day early, hopefully it will happen again.

"would 10 be a good guess?"

far far more, but everybody wants it.:P

My guess was by far the worst guess in the world, wasn't it? :grin:

7,000? Maybe?

I have no idea....forget it. :laughing:

For anyone waiting for stuff from hmv, They will not be dispatching anything till tomorrow. Just phoned them and they said they havent recieved anything from the suppliers and will recieved everything tomorrow.

So I wont be getting Zelda or Need for speed till about tuesday. I will have to see what games I can get from Game in the morning when I pick up my console.

Agh apparently even though I was promised a console on day 1, and I haven't had an apology email in the past day, I still won't get my Wii from GamePlay until next week. I'm ringing around stores in Nottingham but one said they had 8 orders to one console. It's not looking good.

im thinking about cancelling with play.com:( i still dont know whats going on... my order status is preordered when i made the initial order agggess ago what you guys think??

for anyone who would like to try there luck at asda's at midnight here is a list of stores getting some, the number is how many they are getting:

List supplied by asda customer service

The 24hr store's will be selling them from midnight thursday

Store Name Hardware Store Name Hardware Store Name Hardware

EASTLANDS 10 MILTON OF CRAIGIE 10 WIGAN 15

BEDMINSTER 10 NEWPORT 10 MORLEY 15

BEXLEY HEATH 10 NUNEATON 10 PATCHWAY 15

BILTON-HULL 10 PENTWYN 10 SUTTON ASHFIELD 15

BLACKWOOD 10 PETERLEE 10 SWANLEY 15

CAERPHILLY 10 PUDSEY 10 TOTTON (SOUTHAMPTON) 15

EDINBURGH 10 SCUNTHORPE 10 WAKEFIELD DURKAR 15

CANNOCK 10 SOUTH WOODHAM FERRERS 10 WEST BRIDGFORD 15

CANTERBURY 10 STANLEY 10 WESTBROOK 15

CARCROFT 10 EASTLEIGH 10 WOLSTANTON 15

CARLISLE 10 TORYGLEN 10 BENTON 20

CLAYTON GREEN 10 TRAFFORD PARK 10 DAGENHAM 20

COLCHESTER 10 TUNSTALL 10 DYCE 20

COLINDALE 10 WALSALL 10 GREAT BRIDGE 20

COLNE 10 WALTON 10 HUYTON 20

CORTONWOOD 10 WATFORD 10 KINGSWOOD 20

DONNINGTON WOOD 10 WINSFORD 10 LEICESTER 20

DUNSTABLE 10 WOLVERHAMPTON 10 OADBY 20

EASTGATE 10 BLACKPOOL 15 PLYMOUTH 20

FALMOUTH 10 BODMIN 15 QUESLETT 20

FARNBOROUGH 10 BOLDON 15 SWANSEA 20

FELTHAM 10 MILTON KEYNES 15 TAMWORTH 20

GRAVESEND 10 BRIGHTON 15 AINTREE 25

HARLOW 10 CARDIFF BAY 15 BRIDGE OF DEE 25

HATFIELD 10 CWMBRAN 15 CARDIFF 25

HORWICH 10 DUMBARTON 15 DERBY 25

HYDE,GB 10 DUNFERMLINE 15 FAREHAM 25

ISLE OF DOGS 10 ELGIN 15 HAVANT 25

KENDAL 10 GLOUCESTER 15 LONGWELL GREEN 25

KILLINGBECK 10 GOVAN 15 MINWORTH 25

KILMARNOCK 10 HAYDON 15 NORWICH 25

LISCARD 10 HESSLE 15 QUEENSFERRY 25

MARINA (BRIGHTON) 10 IPSWICH 15 SHEFFIELD 25

LANCASTER 15 YORK 25

for anyone who would like to try there luck at asda's at midnight here is a list of stores getting some, the number is how many they are getting:

List supplied by asda customer service

The 24hr store's will be selling them from midnight thursday

You are the man. Wow, having no pre-order has now brought up so many options. If I can get it at midnight, then I don't think I'll bother with my WHSmith one now.

Cheers again for posting this up.

im thinking about cancelling with play.com:( i still dont know whats going on... my order status is preordered when i made the initial order agggess ago what you guys think??

Well even if they post it today, there's no way you'll get it tomorrow unless you live in Jersey.

However, seeing the shortages there are, I think you're best off keeping your order until either you get one elsewhere, or they dispatch it.

Gameplay employees are only getting their consoles next week because Game believe that customers are more important than staff ($).:heh:

Pyxis...I'm a bit concerned. My order has been on Being Picked since yesterday. Will I still get it tomorrow? :/

All you guys should have just preordered in the shops rather than online. Why worry about delivery when you can just pick one up whenever you want + being able to call someone up from a small store as opposed to a multinational like Amazon or play.

Yeah, it will sit as being picked until around 5pm today. I've noticed items going next working day only being 'compete' once we have met our cut off time for despatching items. Theres nothing to worry about.:)

Being picked means that your order has already been put onto a picking list in our distribution centre. The online servers can be a bit slow in updating aswell.

Yeah, it will sit as being picked until around 5pm today. I've noticed items going next working day only being 'compete' once we have met our cut off time for despatching items. Theres nothing to worry about.:)

Being picked means that your order has already been put onto a picking list in our distribution centre. The online servers can be a bit slow in updating aswell.

:) Thanks

I just gotta take the day off Uni to be there andI don't want a wasted day

And I want Zelda dammit :P

Thanks for reassuring me :)

I'll come yell to gameplay HQ if its still being picked this evening haha :p

Are Asda not taking preorders?

Asda dont take pre orders, this happeend last year of the Xbox 360, so if you want one make sure your instore before mid night and hassle some staff!

Just called Game and got a bit of unfortunate news. No, Wii is still coming tomorrow... just the component cable isn't. Composite Cryday it is, then.

To summarise, this is what I have put in my bag:

- Wii + Wii Sports

- Zelda

- Wii Play

- Monkey Ball

My sister has

- Wii + Wii Sports

- Zelda

- Wii Play

Really gutted about the Component cable situation and Play Asia letting me down, but hopefully Zelda is still playable. There's always the CRT in the living room afterall.