NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

I've just rung the West Bridgeford store - apparently they're getting around 10 in and he recommended I get there about 11-11.30 as people aren't being allowed to cue. It's first come first served, but I think it sounds a bit retarded because if they're only getting 10 in, why not make a line of 10 people and then tell everyone else to go home? At least that way it won't be a mad dash.

Edit: And my GamePlay order has this second changed to "being picked" for most things - not the console or the classic controller, but Zelda, nunchuck and points card.

Nintendo have informed all retailers that their UK shipment of Wii Play has been delayed from Japan. There is a remote possibility that stock will be recevied tomorrow - more likely Monday.

Explain how people ahve it then.

You know, I've never seen you say anything positive

Nintendo have informed all retailers that their UK shipment of Wii Play has been delayed from Japan. There is a remote possibility that stock will be recevied tomorrow - more likely Monday.

I got my Wiiplay and remote a day early, as shown in the pic earlier. I just need the Wii now damn it!

BULLSHIT-AR RADAR-AR ALARM-AR!

hmmm look back a few pages there is a pic of a member with it!

Explain how people ahve it then.

You know, I've never seen you say anything positive

have to say i agree.

DSC00011.jpg

Look at it. Perfect size. I see him walking down the path doing his happy postman walk and i skip off towards the door, only to be handed a bag of fucking curtains. Curtains. Not a Wii. Curtains. If he'd have handed me a bag of AID's it would have been less painful. But fucking curtains. Someone up there is properly taking the piss out of me.

I GOT THIS FROM CHOICES UK

http://www.thedvdforums.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=449410&page=17&pp=20

What part of that dont you understand.

You think I enjoy making stuff like this up?

I want wiiplay as much as everyone else for crying out loud.

ChoicesUK is a nothing. But what you say is partially true. I do know of one other major retailer that won't be receiving them until Saturday at the earliest.

Also Play3k report the same

http://www.play3k.com/features/news.html?session=SB93B63D8D6DA5EEFDFE52C014897D1F8#N4577EB42E3C4B

Im hoping problems aside, there will be plenty of wiiplays at tonights official launch at HMV.

Still bummed about the lack of component cable though. I even imported one from hong kong but the trackable parcel is stuck in limbo and lost in the post (yeah right), so its a chargeback on my credit card for me and I will have to look elsewhere.

Oh and by the way....that issue of womans own........not mine. Honest.

Don't look at me like that.

We all have our secrets. Just you were stupid enough to reveal it to the world :hehe:

Oh man, Drunken_Squirrel. I would have broken down. I bet that has pretty much stolen any happiness you had today?

All I can say is don't go near any littlewoods for a while. You may get burnt by the raging fires.

We all have our secrets. Just you were stupid enough to reveal it to the world :hehe:

<Sighs, and puts womans own publisher on "to burn" list>

Guys without pre-orders, run down to your local Argos. I'm hearing that some Argos stores in Ireland have been selling Wii all morning.

Well guys Ive just got off the phone to my local Gamestop.

I asked how many they were getting in and they said they will have 5 for sale and the rest are booked. I said OK I have mine booked will I get one?And he said "DEFINATELY", the rest of the phone call was spent making him say that Ill definately get one. I think I slightly pissed him off but I hadnt got a lawyer to hand to make it legally binding!!

He said to come for opening at 8am and that there would be two queues, one with pre bookers and one for joe public and that I wont be wating long. If I dont pick it up by that evening they will sell it. Im gonna get there for 7ish to be safe.

Also he said that us prebookers wont be forced to have to take a bundle deal, that we would allowed just buy the console because thats what we pre ordered (though he reccomended extra controllers and Zelda, which Ill take him up on!!)

So there we are, its almost here....

(but ebay now looks SO tempting...)

:p:D

GameStation aren't doing any bundles apparently-according to the guy who answered the phone this morning (i'm defo getting one at midnight :D) the games are in short supply and as a result GS are selling them full price and separately only.

i don't know if this is the case with all retailers or all GameStation stores but it is for the Manchester Arndale launch.

hopefully i should be pretty early in the queue (some people are CHOOSING to wait till the morning to casual pick one up!!!) and should be able to get Zelda and SMB:BB

they better have SOME stock of Wii Play or Wiimotes in the least. wonder if they'll have any RGB cables or Ethernet adapters. . . probs not but we'll see in about 10 hours :D:D:D

My Gameplay order still is Being Picked and my Amazon component cable now says the despatch date is between the 10th and 14th (I think..) though I don't mind about that. Zelda will be nice enough without it.

Oooh, it's getting exciting.

If he'd have handed me a bag of AID's it would have been less painful. .

Seeing as AIDS is a syndrome caused by ongoing infection from the HIV virus, i'm not sure how a bag of it could be painful.

:confused:

Seeing as AIDS is a syndrome caused by ongoing infection from the HIV virus, i'm not sure how a bag of it could be painful.

:confused:

Pmsl at the fact that it being in a bag isn't a problem though.

OK, very strange. After being told that I wouldnt get a Wii by Gameplay, my order is now progressing. Zelda and Wii Play are being picked - although the Wii and Classic Controller are still listed as "preordered".

Thats not strange. You arent getting a Wii but they're sending you the rest of the stuff

Yes im bring up the blasted subject of COMPONENT CABLES again, but was thinking. It has been established that these cables have been delayed in Europe until next week or the week after. But do you think Nintendo will bring any (along with their suprise Wii shipment) to the HMV official midnight launch?

Yes im grasping at straws.