NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

Damn it seems i have to be in on the day it comes out....:( I'm really angry as this always happens to me.

It seems I'll be getting my Wii after 1 o'clock then :(

Unless by chance GAME decide what the hell lets do a midnight launch.

Im hoping the Wiis come in Monday, as I think im in. If not I'll have to get it Wednesday. And they shouldn't be in later than that.

Im hoping the Wiis come in Monday, as I think im in. If not I'll have to get it Wednesday. And they shouldn't be in later than that.

you get them early? at HMV we don't get such perks and ain't allowed to buy things early...

Haha yes! I was jsut reading this thread, and my mobile rang. I answered

"Hello is this Ashley Mattehws, It's Adam from Gamestation"

My order is confirmed! He asked me if i was getting games, it felt, for some reason, awkward to say i was getting them from an online store. But oh well. I need to save money.

Still no phone call for me... I'll get on to it tomorrow.

God bless you Woolworths!

Ready for dispatch on the Wii, but nothing yet on Zelda. Hope I don't have end up blitzing every electrical store in the North West come December 8th for Zelda.

GameStation bundles! Just got an email confirming my preorder and midnight launch....

Dear Charlie

Thanks for pre-ordering your Wii with Gamestation.

Your unique order number is: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

GREAT NEWS

Your Wii will be in your Stirling store for collection on 8th December.

Wii ARE OPENING AT MIDNIGHT!

To celebrate the launch of Wii your local Gamestation store will open at midnight on 7th December. To reserve your place at this exclusive pre-order event please call your local store on 01786 460259. If you're planning to trade in old games and consoles against your Wii then you will want to avoid the queues - please speak to your local store to make arrangements to trade in before the midnight opening.

SPECIAL COMBO DEALS

With unmissable games like Zelda Twilight Princess, Red Steel and Rayman Raving Rabbids all launching at the same time, we’ve put together these fantastic combo deals to get you started…

middle1.jpg

Don’t miss out on the chance to upgrade to one of these great deals.

Get down to Stirling and register your upgrade. And don’t worry, your place in the queue is not affected. If you have any queries about your pre-order contact your local store.

Wii WILL SEE YOU SOON

Cheers

Gamestation Stirling

That third deal is really good. With everyone oing to a midnight launch im really upset and jealous.

you get them early? at HMV we don't get such perks and ain't allowed to buy things early...

We dont buy it early, that would break the street date. We just take and pay later.

I would pass on them aswell.If I can and this is instore aswell,I would try and get Combo 3.

Got the same email as Moria! ****ING BEST NEWS ALL DAY! After a shite nigths work, find out my Wii will be there for pick up, and there is a Zelda + Red Steel Combo, which should spair enough cash for me to get Wii Play, Nunchuck and possibly another game.

Just got to call them later today, to confirm my presence. W00t!!

I got my GameStation email too! I was a little concerned last night that I didn't have it when Moria posted that he'd got it, but it arrived this morning. :)

EDIT: Just phoned up GameStation to say I'd be going, and the guy there said they were just finalising the plans for Thursday night. He said that he obviously can't make any promises until the stock is there, sitting on his shelf, but with me being 8th on the list, it's almost certain I'll get one. He also told me that they'd be handing out the consoles 'in priority order', so with me being 8th on the list, I'll get mine 8th (or earlier if some of the people before me don't show up)!

Getting very excited now... :D

I haven't got the email yet, and haven't been phoned - despite the fact I gave them both my email address and my number. I'll phone them now.

Edit: Turns out customer services didn't bother to transfer my preorder when I asked them, so a guy at Gamestation is going to do it for me. I'll get a call back on Monday, as head office is closed on weekends. The guy I spoke to thought I would probably get a Wii on the 8th, but I'll know for sure on Monday.

Guys... shit... totally forgot about my PC world preorder. I emailed, wont get it till at least 5 days after launch. Sod it. Trying to cancel the order, can't see where to do it.

Shiiit!!

I just talked to a guy in the store where I preordered (MediaMarkt Saturn AG) and he told me that the store will get around 41 Wiis for launch. The city where I live has 250k inhabitants and 3 big electronics stores - so that makes about 150 Wii for 250k people.

Luckily I am on place 29 of more than 150 in my store - so if Nintendo doesn't screw up I get a Wii. The guy even told me if they arrive on thursday I can get a Wii early aswell.

Rumour has it that whole Austria gets about 3000 Wiis for 8 million people. A friend told me that Denmark will get 5000 for 5 million people.

Called Gamestation, confirmed I would be at midnight launch and the guy took down all the games and accessories I wanted too, so he could set them aside for me. How kind. They even called while I slept, knew there was a reason I pre-ordered a gamestation. They are super swish.

I hope Game's bundles are as good as that if not will be interesting to see if they will price match.

I went into Gamestation (Stirling) this morning to confirm some things.

They said they would be open at about 10 - 10:30.

Games and accessories are sold on a first-come first-served basis. If you get to the store first you get given a ticket saying "1" and when the clock strikes 12 you'll be given the first choice of what you want and so on.

You can buy Call of Duty 3 now if you want. :heh:

Able to park right outside.

Recommended being there before 9, some guy arrived at 8 for the 360 launch last year to make sure he'd get there.

The guy in Gamestation said that other stores may be using a different system for games/accesories btw.

I hope GAME will have that 3rd deal that Gamestation have, it would really be great, i need all the money i can get!

Me too that deal is really good, I ned to save as much money as i can, i need more games in the future.