NEurope

You know how you can do an impression of someone speaking Chinese, without actually saying a single Chinese word? It would probably end up sounding quite racist, but you know what I mean. :P

This is from an Italian TV show, and the idea is they're doing the same thing, but with the English language. This is what English sounds like to non-English speakers. The fantastic thing is, they could almost be real lyrics. Every word is nonsense, but your brain fights to hear meaning.

(Skip to 0:25)

You know how you can do an impression of someone speaking Chinese, without actually saying a single Chinese word? It would probably end up sounding quite racist, but you know what I mean. :P

This is from an Italian TV show, and the idea is they're doing the same thing, but with the English language. This is what English sounds like to non-English speakers. The fantastic thing is, they could almost be real lyrics. Every word is nonsense, but your brain fights to hear meaning.

(Skip to 0:25)

That's awesome. It has to do with the general rhythm and sound of a language, which are very identifying. Even babies react more positively to the speaking patterns of their parents' language than to other languages when played back.

I loved that, for so many reasons. The dancing and actual music amazed. It reminded me of Teeth by Lady GaGa (same beat).

But yeah, it's weird cause I just automatically try and tie what they ding to english words they presumably sound like/I've heard sung like that before.

That's what kids and old people do over here when they try to sing in English, except this sounds incredible. If I were hearing in the car radio and not paying much attention, I wouldn't even notice the non-lyrics.

Dudewheresmeinkampfervancopy.jpg

And a Comedy Rainbow tribute, Seven of Nein:

SevenofNein.jpg

Edited by Goafer

I posted this in the 360 thread but it's generally quite funny. I helped with a couple of the shots (about .2 seconds of the whole thing).

Facebook users try login onto another site thinking it is the facebook site.

ReadWriteWeb has a weblog post that ranks highly in Google’s search results for “Facebook login”. The comments on the post are filled with complaints from confused people who think that this is the new Facebook login page.

It’s funny, yes, but it’s a fascinating glimpse at just how confused many people are about how web sites and browsers work. They don’t use bookmarks, they don’t type “facebook.com” in the location field. They just Google for whatever they’re looking for and assume the first result is correct. All this argument over whether the iPad is too simple — if anything it’s probably still too complex.

Edited by Dante

Love it Dante that entire comments thread has me in stitches.

Okay geniouses, you make fun all you want.

Arti, I tried loggin with a DELL instead of MAC computer like you said and it still won't log in.

Rest of you make fun but try to log in right now, it wont work!!! THis page is really not good and my photos from american grand canyon are not here =(((

We have to send bill gates emails all of us, it will tell him this is serious and he must fix his pages.

Posted by: Rajiit |

However I'm dying inside as I fear for the fate of humanity.

Ah, Yahoo. Now there's a nostalgic name. The Dark Times of The Internet, 2BG (before Google).

Ah, Yahoo. Now there's a nostalgic name. The Dark Times of The Internet, 2BG (before Google).

i used to have a yahoo mail account. it was [email protected] i decided to change it as girls wouldent want to touch my willy if i had so crap an e-mail address.

its fair to say my understanding of women was limited.

BBC News + Bioshock 2 + Zero Punctuation: Bioshock 1 = WTF!

BBC News reporting a game... erm, whut?!!! It must have been a slow news day. Good to see games getting positive press coverage though. But then they didn't really desribe it too well (that's natch though. :heh:)