N-Europe

When do you think we will see a football game?

flameboy

With FIFA and Pro Evo, getting 12 month exclusives on the 360, when do you think we will see a serious football game?

Does anyone think another company will step into the frair and make one? Could ISS still come out in ure eyes, like it did for the gamecube whilst pro evo was PS2 exclusive.

And on a wider scope, wot do you see the controls been like? would a refined version of Mario Strikers Charged work, or would the classic controller shell be needed for a more traditonal approach.

Me personally, I hope one ships up somewhere, cos I'm getting mighty bored of pro evo on the good old Xbox.

We've already seen one, its called "Mario Strikers Charged".

I said serious football game, as in a simulation. mario strikers is only 3on3 (i think?) and very arcadey, from the vids I've seen.

EDIT: don't really appreciate flameboy 101, calling me a name thief everytime I post, unless you noticed I signed up before you, dont quite get how I stole it! just cos I maybe havn't posted as much.

I dunno how the controller could really "improve" a traditional football game, except from maybe drawing "lines" with the controller in the air to pass to other players and what not, kind of like the passing in that DS basketball game.

yeah i agree with you. the shaking of the controller on mario strikers to shrug people off the ball seems good, but might not quite work with a more serious game, as you'd have slide tackles, block tackles etc.. so would take that plus other methods maybe?

This'd be one of the games, if any, that iwould like to just use the GC controller or the classic controller. I dont see how you can implement the Wii controller into a simulation. Mario footbal yeah, because theyve thought aboutit and such. but pro evo, I cant think how to control it.

In this case, i think the Wii-mote would hinder, rather than accomodate a football title. If we do see a serious footie game, i think we'll be playing it using the classic controller (or GC controller, if possible.)

I agree, I think the ps2 pad, 360 pad, and cube pad would suit. Simply because football games on control pads that have 4 face buttons and 2+ shoulder buttons work. Perfectly.