NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Tellyn

What Book Are You Reading?

Sorry if there's a similar or same thread. What books have you recently read or are reading? I'm into James Patterson books now, so been reading a lot of his. Here's the list of my holiday books and of the past week:

Blood Fever - by Charlie Higson

Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment - by James Patterson

The Big Bad Wolf - by James Patterson

Lifeguard - by James Patterson

Darkest Fear - by Harlan Coben

1st to Die - by James Patterson

London Bridges - by James Patterson (Currently reading)

The list of books I read over the summer holidays...

Wilbur Smith - River God

Wilbur Smith - The Seventh Scroll

Wilbur Smith - Warlock

Ken Follett - Lion something (can't remember and I only read it last week :p )

Malorie Blackman - Noughts & Crosses

Malorie Blackman - Knife Edge (or similar?)

Malorie Blackman - Checkmate

Stephen King - Carrie

Jodi Picoult - My Sister's Keeper

Jodi Picoult - Vanishing Acts

Anthony Horowitz - Stormbreaker

and a random short story of 100 pages which I can't remember the title or author.

I think there are probably some more, the best one there by far is River God, but I've read that before so my best new book of the summer has to be..... Jodi Picoult - My Sister's Keeper.

A great book, a child has leukiemia, and her parents make (test-tube baby) another baby which will be able to save the first. Lots of operations later and the 2nd born is 12 years old and has had enough and launches a court case against her parents to the rights to her own body.

I'm kind of reading Catch 22 at the moment, but I haven't actually looked at it in a month or two. I think I'll stop and start something else because I'm not really in the mood for a heavy read atm.

Im reading the glass castle. I really dont know who its by, and I cant be bothered to go check.

A biography of this man Talleyrand

talleyrand.jpg

written by this man Duff Cooper

2WWduff.jpg

History can be fun! :yay:

The Solid Earth. It's a book on geophysics techniques, got a good narrative and a fantastic twist at the end :rolleyes:

Life of Pi - Yann Martel.

A movie of it's being made next year. Very good book.

I read Kingdom of the Golden Dragon by Isabela Allende, during a week holiday in Tenerife, and I'm know reading Equador by Miguel Sousa Tavares, it's been quite a surprise, a very good read set in 1900's Lisbon, in the end of Portuguese Mornachy and it's the stories of a man in the Portuguese colonies of São Tomé e Principe.

I am in the middle of quite a few series of books at the moment.

I'm reading 'Flatland - A Romance Of Many Dimensions' by Edwin A. Abbot.

It's a book of pure maths with a plot O_o

should i read the valley of the dolls or angels and demons???

A good sequence of book to read is The dark is Rising by Susan Cooper

Very, very good series. One of the best fantasy series ever. I highly recommend it.

I am in the middle of quite a few series of books at the moment.

I'm reading 'Flatland - A Romance Of Many Dimensions' by Edwin A. Abbot.

It's a book of pure maths with a plot O_o

That book is brilliant... Ian Stewart wrote a sequel- Flatterland.

Actually, I'm reading Ian Stewart at the moment- Life's other secret... It's about the maths of biology.

I'm reading Grapes of Wrath by J. Steinbeck atm, yet have read hannibal (awesome), Silence of the Lambs (O.K) and One flew Over the cuckoos nest (Brilliant) over the summer.

Not as many as I'd like to have read tho, but I seem to be too busy and have had less time to read.

I'm reading Grapes of Wrath by J. Steinbeck atm, yet have read hannibal (awesome), Silence of the Lambs (O.K) and One flew Over the cuckoos nest (Brilliant) over the summer.

Not as many as I'd like to have read tho, but I seem to be too busy and have had less time to read.

i liked hannibal ALOT!!! i got it for 50p in oxfam about 5 years ago lol

should i read the valley of the dolls or angels and demons???

hmmm im not too sure what you should read just make up your own mind you damn fool!!! its just a book!

That book is brilliant... Ian Stewart wrote a sequel- Flatterland.

Actually, I'm reading Ian Stewart at the moment- Life's other secret... It's about the maths of biology.

Yeah, I was gonna buy Flatterlands after I finish the first, but I've got a few other maths books to read aswell. Namely 'The Code Book' by Michael (i think) Singh

None of the series I read have any new books out yet :(

This summer holiday I read:

The Chronicles of Narnia (all 7 books),

The Hobbit (for the 6th time),

I tried my 5th shot at the LOTR triology but damn, I never get past halfway through the second,

Third and fourth Harry Potter books,

John Grisham's The Firm (for the 3rd time),

John Grisham's The Street Lawyer,

John Grisham's Runaway Jury,

And at the moment I just started John Grisham's The Chamber.

Reading Heart of Darkness atm.

Every summer I reread Catcher In The Rye, HDM and One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest, so there was that. Theres a few more im thinking of borrowing from the library soon, so I'll go ahead and write about them in the next few days :).

I saw the title and read it as Reading the place, got very confused for a second :heh:

I'm not actually reading anything at the moment, nor have I done for god knows how long, but I keep meaning to pick up something up by Stephen King, the last book I read (or started to read - same word different pronounciation (sp), our language is fucked up) was by Stephen King and I really enjoyed it, dunno why I stopped now!?

Cosa Nostra: The history of the Sicilian Mafia

and I'm also trying to finish off 'The Godfather'. Man, I can't believe I've finished that yet.

I dont really read many books but ive just picked up this book about 9/11 called "inside" its and interesting read.

Yeah, I was gonna buy Flatterlands after I finish the first, but I've got a few other maths books to read aswell. Namely 'The Code Book' by Michael (i think) Singh

None of the series I read have any new books out yet :(

You probably mean Simon Singh, and Flatterland isn't quite as good, and is more about physics than maths.

Sign in to follow this