NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Tellyn

What Book Are You Reading?

I finally finished Ruined City (utter briallance - 10/10) and I'm now blazing through Power of Three, a much lighter read but highly entertaining and just a little provoking.

i´ve been trying to finish Deception Point and The Rule of Four but i just can´t!

But recently i finished reading 10 short stories and Tales of the unexpexted by Roald Dahl (brilliant).

And i´m thinking about rereading And then they were none or The boy in the moontower

i´ve been trying to finish Deception Point and The Rule of Four but i just can´t!

Deception Point is brilliant! Keep going.

Deception Point is brilliant! Keep going.

I´ll try but i alway´s kinda lose interest at those "make you smarter" parts in Dan Brown´s books when the main character tells someone really smart that very few know of to make you feel smarter...

Crime & Punishment - Fyodor Dostoevsky

The Right Nation - John Mickthlwaite

Stranger in a Strange Land - Gary Younge

Sin City volume 7 - Frank Miller

China: A Macro History - (Chinese characters)

Oh and Katie, Catch 22 is my favourite book ever, I hope you enjoy it.

You probably mean Simon Singh, and Flatterland isn't quite as good, and is more about physics than maths.

Ah yes, thats the guy. Physics is still one of my interests so it's all good.

Also, I definitely reccomend people read some of the Christopher Brookmyre books, the ones like 'Big Boys Did It And Ran Away' and 'The Sacred Art Of Stealing' (that one has clowns in it ^_^)

Always reading The Dark Tower or something related to it.

This summer Ive read a few things and Ive been trying to get through a book I started a few years ago by Tom Clancey, Red Storm Rising but I just cant seem to read it for any length of time or any stretch of days and weeks to get it finished! Its good though and Id recommend it - its my first Clancey book like so maybe hes got better.

Ive got books Im gonna get into soon like Dracula, L'Etranger, something I have by Voltaire but cant think of right now...

I don't think I have read a book since school. I had to read something for my GCSE English when I was 15/16, I'm 22 now, is that bad?

Always reading The Dark Tower or something related to it.

This summer Ive read a few things and Ive been trying to get through a book I started a few years ago by Tom Clancey, Red Storm Rising but I just cant seem to read it for any length of time or any stretch of days and weeks to get it finished! Its good though and Id recommend it - its my first Clancey book like so maybe hes got better.

Ive got books Im gonna get into soon like Dracula, L'Etranger, something I have by Voltaire but cant think of right now...

Tom Clancy's books also happen to be boring as hell :geek: . I've tried wrestling through Splinter Cell and a few others but I always get lost in the excessive technobabble.

I am on book 10 of the wheel of time series. its very good if you like that sort of thing. its by a guy called Robert Jordan who has a terminal illness. Apparently there will be 12 books in the series. i have 11. He hasnt yet finished the 12th. Is it wrong for me to want him to finish the last book before he dies, or should i just wish him a painless death, and to spend the last few months/years of his life with his loved ones? I dont know.....but i really would love to see how this series ends, as it is nigh on 7000 pages of book i will have read though.....

The wheel of time series is absolutely awful dude, I randomly picked up Geomancer cause it looked cool, it was so badly written it was unbelievable.

ive never heard of geomancer.......besides, i don't care how well written something is. As long as its good.

Oh shit, hah, I'm thinking of something else...whoops...I just immediately made the connection cause I've seen loads of Robert Jordans books on the shelf in WHSmith and thats where I got that pile of wank from.

Thats ok, im sure lots of people wouldnt like the series either, but i do! and thats all that matters..

Not reading anything at the moment, but to the guy reading Deception Point, do keeop going! A high favourite of Dans books in my eyes.

Last book i read was Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (the franchise finally broke me after all my years of resilliance and i've just caught up). Was good, if a little dark for how the series has been thus far. Still, it sets it up for a good finale whenever she decides to finnish writing the damn thing (who wants to bet Harry dies? It would be soooo good!).

Not really looking for much to read at the moment, i might read my g/fs copy of Dan Browns Digital Fortress, its the only one i havnt read but she says its the crappest so im not very hyped about it to bother starting.

I'll hunt you down, Fox. My secondary directive is to eliminate enemies of the realm.

I operate with ruthless, European efficiency.. fused with a fiery zeal, making me a formidable opponent.

ive never heard of geomancer.......besides, i don't care how well written something is. As long as its good.

Surely if something is poorly written, that makes it bad...

I'm reading Notes from a Small Island by Bill Bryson.

All he books are great.

I refer you to this article on my good friend's website, EuroFusion.

That doesn't prove anything though does it, i'm sure she means life without Harry as in the series is over and she doesn't have to write about him anymore. And the actor doesn't know anything, he's just speculating. I think he might die, but i'd rather it was a surprise that made people cry, mwahahaha.

I haven't read that many books lately. But over the summer holiday I read John Peel: Margrave of the Marshes and The Beach.

Harry Potter? Ive been reading through em over the years to keep up with the hype of the mainstream peeps (cheaper than getting a PS2 :P) and in my opinion the series peaked at book three and has been going downhill ever since. What you guys think? (most people have bound to have atleast tried Harry Potter to see what all the chatters about so dont bother denying it!)

I have just finished reading Angels & Demons by Dan Brown. The only book I haven't read by him is Decption Point.

Sign in to follow this