NEurope
Mokong

Transformers Movie thread

I'm glad I didn't see much about the movie, now I'm more excited, cause it will be more surprising. I hope the transformers are characters not just some bots that smash stuff and say on-liners.

Nah, The bots do have personality, Jazz is awsome, and Optimus is actully funny in bits of it, shows a diffrent side of him yet still kicknig ass

This movie got some terrible reviews over here :sad:

This movie got some terrible reviews over here :sad:

Your kidding right? Over here in the uk both Empire and Total Film gave this 4/5 saying that it is the must see movie of the summer and pretty much owns all 3 of the threequels that appeared this year. I went on comingsoon.net aswell and EVERYONE is raving on about how awesome it is.

Also it has been confirmed that Optimus says...

[spoiler=]"One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall!!!!!!!"

MUST....SEE....MOVIE!!!!!

Your kidding right? Over here in the uk both Empire and Total Film gave this 4/5 saying that it is the must see movie of the summer and pretty much owns all 3 of the threequels that appeared this year. I went on comingsoon.net aswell and EVERYONE is raving on about how awesome it is.

Also it has been confirmed that Optimus says...

[spoiler=]"One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall!!!!!!!"

MUST....SEE....MOVIE!!!!!

I screamed like a little schoolgirl when he said that. I also saw the original one yesterday ^^

Just watched the IGN interviews video with the cast and they show a lot in that trailer. I went to have a look at some of the toys btw and they look a bit, meh tbh.

Only one im liking so far is the £40 Optimus. Ouch... my wallet is crying.

can't wait for 27th of july, should be a great day for the movies. This and the simpsons movie!! (drools)

Me and my mates went and seen this today due to it having advance screenings this weekend and it is simply amazing.

The CGI, music, action, acting and comedy are all done amazingly well and Bay has done justice to one of my favourite childhood cartoon series.

Methinks another viewing is well in order!

WOHOO, going to see this in 2 hours, had to work today so had to get tickets for the later show, all i've had in my head all day was the original Theme song, WOHOOO.

*sings*

Transformers more than meets the eye

Now I'm stuck between seeing this and the Simpsons movie. I mean it got some mixed reviews, but you guys seem to be all for it. I've heard of people having their childhoods crushed by it. So I'm still kinda 50/50 on the whole thing.

I really want to see this.

I've been reading on Kotaku, it popped up a few times, there's an Xbox 360 that transforms. It even does the startup jingle.

I've been reading on Kotaku, it popped up a few times, there's an Xbox 360 that transforms. It even does the startup jingle.

Talk about product placement.

Now I'm stuck between seeing this and the Simpsons movie. I mean it got some mixed reviews, but you guys seem to be all for it. I've heard of people having their childhoods crushed by it. So I'm still kinda 50/50 on the whole thing.

See them both on the same night/day, it's what I'm doing.

I've just come back from it, i enjoyed it alot, while there are some things about it that'll make original fans a little dissapointed (don't want to say too much without spoiling) it doesn't totally crush your childhood.

A few things i didn't like was

The guy being called "Sam" and not "Spike", ever since the first trailer i've been calling him Spike as that's what i expected, where the hell did Sam come from?

the scene when the Autobots go back to Sam's house for the first time, sure it was funny but the way it portrayed the Autobots made them seem childish and unintellegent(sp?), and of course overall the lack of character development for the transformers themseleves.

Bumblebee unable to talk properly i actually found ok, cuz i had a feeling he'd get his voice back at the end...and when he did the voice was just massively wrong WTF?

The decpeticons all looked too similar, they should have had more colour so you could easily tell them apart, in the final fight i had no idea who was who.

Starscream and Megatron had one small scene of interaction, WTF? I was hoping for at least a few moments of dialogue showing the dislike between the two

Jazz died, WTF? And it really didn't have much impact since they never focused on the robot characters, his death means nothing to the audience and only the "fans" would have noticed. If they were gonna kill off an Autobot they should have had Ultramagnus in it and killed him, the "fans" would have LOVED that.

Megatrons death was a little stupid how it happened, having Sam use the All Spark on him when Optimus was asking to give up his own life, made Optimus look like a fool, like how he never figured if he could use the All Spark to kill Megatron.

Oh and the "One Shall Stand One Shall Fall" line....of course WOHOOOO they put it in....BUT they did it wrong, i mean they didn't even show Prime when he said it, the camera was on Sam, this meant the line meant had no impact on the average viewer and Megatron should have responded like he did in the animated movie, it should have been a little replica of that original scene.

And i am very disappointed they didn't even use the original transformers theme song in the credits (and yes i did stay right to end, just incase...if you're wondering, there's no extra scene at the end of the credits).

And they didn't even put "The Touch" in there. With Bumblebee using his radio to communicate that would have been a perfect way to get a small clip of The Touch into the film. Like for example the scene when Sam and the girl are in Bumblebee and she won't sit in the driver seat cuz Bumblebee is driving and Sam manages to talk her into sitting on his lap. That was a PERFECT moment for Bumblebee to turn the radio on and have it blair out "you got the touch....you got the pooowwweeeer...yeah"

Ok i think that's all, well there's prolly more but i'm tried and need sleep, haha.

Reading what i just wrote you might get the impression i hated the film, i didn't i still very much enjoyed it and will likely go see it again in a couple of weeks. But i can't help but nit pick on the few "wrong" things i felt they did.

The obviously the lack of character development of the robots was so they could focus on the "human" aspect of what's happen, and it did work well and i guess with it being the first movie it was the best way to approach the story to get "non-fans" to understand whats going on. So hopefully when they come to making the second film they'll focus more on the robots characters.

And hell since i brought up the second film, might as well start some speculation.

With Megatron "dead" i have a feeling he'll be turned into "Galvatron" in the second, which should mean Unicron will turn up, but i think Unicron might be a bit much to get the "non-fan" mass market to accept so they'll prolly come up with some other way which will piss off the "fans". And hopefully when/if they do bring in Galvatron his alt-form will be a canon like the original and be voiced by Lenord Nimoy(sp?)

I saw the film last night too and i'd have to agree with everything that Mokong said. I did enjoy it, probably wouldn't see it again or buy it but it was worth the price of admission. Not being an actual full on transformers fan (only seen the cartoon film) it was a fun film to watch but it didn't really feel like I was watching transformers, for me it'll always be a cartoon.

Definitely the lack of character development with the transformers was the major letdown for me. They all sounded like they had the same voice. I couldn't remember who was who apart from Optimus Prime. The decepticons did indeed look way too similar, I couldn't tell who the hell was fighting in the end scene. Oh and why the hell did the spark turn everything decepticon

:hmm: I would've preferred it if there was little human involvement, I just wanted to see transformers fighting. On the plus side the fight scenes were pretty damn awesome, which in the end is all I cared about.

Caught an 11pm preview screening last night.

Apparently there was a lot of dialogue showing the hatred between starscream and Megatron cut. Hopefully we'll see a nice blu ray extended cut. Play have got a release date for september.

I really enjoyed the film, thought the guy that played Sam was pretty funny in places. It obvioubly goes without saying how awesome the action was. I liked the way they split up the story into the three parts, Sam/Mikaela, Soldiers and the analysts. About the only thing that peeved me was how little we saw of the other Autobots, obviously Bumblebee and Optimus were pivotal to the story. Wouldn't have hurt to see a little more of Jazz, Ironhide and Ratchet.

I just thought of something, did the decepticons have their "symbol" on them anywhere?

I don't recall seeing it anywhere?

Nor me. (Yeeees I saw it in the Empire in Leicester Square in all its digitally projected glory!)

Was really good. Totally enjoyed myself but it was in NO WAY like the original. There was almost too much to put in the movie and it felt rushed in places so I hope they put in some of those missing nit in the next film.

Strangely, the plot for the second one is not that obvious...

I just thought of something, did the decepticons have their "symbol" on them anywhere?

I don't recall seeing it anywhere?

Yup they did. What was the Police car called? Barricade wasnt it? Anyway he had the Decepticon symbol on his paint job.

What happened to starscream in the end? I can't remember anyone taking him out? Actually I can only remember the tank one and Megatron being killed. That little Decepticon just fell off the dam and never came back!

There were some titbits, you see Starscream blast into the stratosphere as if he is going into space. There's also Blackout as well and Scorponok still left. Also Barricade might still be alive. How they are gonna set up the next film is still baffling me though...

I saw this movie on pre-pre event. Loved it so much that I've seen it 3 times now xD

Simply one of the best movies put out there during the last 3-4 years

Im hoping that the sequel will involve Starscream returning to Earth with more decipticons while a few more Autobots make there way here aswell after Primes message at the end.

Obviously I expect Megatron will be repaired somehow, either becoming Galvatron or possibly just a powered up version of himself as a result of the cube being shoved into his chest.

As long as they dinobots dont turn up then im happy enough :p