N-Europe

Most dissapointing Nintendo console?

Demuwan

Never played the Virtual Boy, but it was probably a huge disappointment to those who were expecting to be immersed in a huge 3D virtual world, and not get stabbing headaches and red marios burned into their eyeballs.

The Gamecube has been fairly disappointing. Every time I saw a 3rd party game advertised on TV for "PS2, Xbox and PC" it really annoyed me. Started to wonder if Sony and MS had got together to pay the 3rd party developers to screw us over. On top of that Nintendo never delivered a lot of things they suggested or promised, like Mario 128 and Zelda has been pushed back a year. Yes TWW was great, but so, so easy and that really let it down - same for Mario Sunshine. Then there's Nintendo's crappy online "service", I loved PSO but it was a) the only online game worth mentioning and b) not supported properly by Nintendo, they couldn't even be bothered to set up servers. They really screwed up that department.

The Gamecube's been a great console, but compared to my original expectations it has to be classed as a disappointment.

Has to be the Gamecube. Hardly any games that were essential, most of the triple A games were disappointing IMO (Mario Kart/Mario Sunshine/Wind Waker) and not alot of 3rd party support at all. The only positive thing I can remember about the GC was Resi 4.

GBA connectivity was crap as well. What a flop that was.

Yeah...The Gamecube ahs loads of really fun games. Smash Football, Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Monkey Ball, Battle Stadium, Naruto GNT, Metroid Primes, Wind Waker, Wario Ware....I'll even go ahead and say Kirby Air Ride.

And sure, Sunshine and the Starfoxes weren't amazingly great; but they're not shit, and in my opinion are worth having. There are also pleanty more games on there (inc. the Resident Evils, Killer7 etc etc).

I have over 60 games at the moment, with only a few I've found slightly to pretty disappointing, but have only found 2 terrible enough to sell (Spyro: Enter Dragonfly & Bleach GC)

I think one problem of the Gamecube is that there aren't enough Killer 1P adventures for it; therefor, to get the most out of it, you need to have friends ;)

Anyway..I'll have to say the GBA is the most dissapointing, out of the ones I've played; not because it's shit, just very flawed.

First of all; you needed wires for everything until Pokémon LGFR, which was near the end of the GBAs decent part of life.

2. There weren't X & Y buttons *Tongue put into chin kinda place infront of lower teeth*

3. Crap D-pad & no backlighting on the original

4. Mico was pointless & you needed new wires n everything etc *Tongue > Chin*

How can some of you consider Gamecube worst than a videogame machine that induced headaches and was overall bad? (virual boy)

We're not talking about the worst console, we're talking about the most disappointing. Yes, Gamecube was a great console with some great games, but dig out some old magazines and plunder some internet archives and you will see that it promised so much more than it actually delivered. I don't think the Virtual Boy hype machine was ever really that big, and its failure not all that surprising.

Gameboy advance is mine. I wasn't really 'into' handhelds at the time, so i didn't have the energy to buy that many titles. I spent more money playing titles on my gamecube and N64, rather than getting a new advance title.

Luckily, the DS came and totally changed my perception of handhelds.

Absolutley the same for me.

(and I bought the SP as well.....:horse: )

gameboy colour

Argh how dare you, that little box of beauty gave everything it promised. I loved my GBC, wish I hadn't sold it to get my GBA. It was green, sleek, bright and played Metal Gear Solid - what more could you ask for?

We're not talking about the worst console, we're talking about the most disappointing. Yes, Gamecube was a great console with some great games, but dig out some old magazines and plunder some internet archives and you will see that it promised so much more than it actually delivered. I don't think the Virtual Boy hype machine was ever really that big, and its failure not all that surprising.

Reading that I can understand why it was dissapointing. I just bought the Resident Evil 4 Gamecube pack for 45 quid though and I'm a very happy man. I got cravings to play Tales, Resi and even Windwaker after ridding myself of my cube a while back. I tried to wait for Wii . . . Ah well. :)

Argh how dare you, that little box of beauty gave everything it promised. I loved my GBC, wish I hadn't sold it to get my GBA. It was green, sleek, bright and played Metal Gear Solid - what more could you ask for?

Well, it was not a disappointing console. But the topic reads THE MOST. And between NES, SNES, N64, GC, GB, GBC, GBA, NDS and Virtual Boy, i chose Virtual Boy in the 1st place and the GBC in 2nd.

With that i still love my GBC a lot. I just never got disappointed with any Nintendo console i owned.

I'm not talking here about half-consoles like the game and watch or pokemon mini. Nor the console remakes, as i consider them the same console.