N-Europe

GAME Memory Cards: Anyone have experience with them?

Rob3008

I have one, it was good for about 6 months then it became 'corrupted' occasionaly it works and sometimes it doesn't. I think its something to do with the metal strip making contact so i would assume its a design flaw. Hopefully this won't happen to you, although you don't actually lose the data it can just become annoying after a while :mad:

Yes....Mine's awesome....It's got Thousands of blocks; and it doesn't corrupt on things either. I've had it a few years now, it's nowhere near full and keeps most of my games (appart from Animal Crossing & F-Zero, because I couldnt move them from my Black Official one) and Pokémon box is on its own to save my babies from corruption & also PSO is on its own (for obvious reasons)

In my experience all non-official memory cards get corrupted

Not in my experience. And I've been using non-official cards since the N64/PSOne days. Never had a card go corrupt on me yet.

I mostly use Nyko memory cards for my GameCube. They have been working fine since I first got them.

But I do agree that Ninty's official memory sticks/card are more reliable and less prone to flaws.

I got one free when I bought F-Zero GX and 1080: Avalanche. Didnt even work, so I smashed it. Oh wait I got that at Gamestation, whatever I only buy Nintendo made stuff cuz I know it will work.

Im the same when it comes to memory cards. I always buy the official ones whether it is PlayStation or Nintendo as I dont want to risk losing my data.

I have 4 GAME memory cards and they all work well for me, although I found that the earlier ones (which didn't fit into the GC boxes) wouldn't allow me to save Burnout 2 as it kept saying the Burnout 2 data was corrupted. And I have lost F-Zero data once.. but generally they seem quite reliable.

I've only used the Nintendo official memory cards, since i had a bad experiance from using non-official cards in the past. The first one i had never worked, the second one after i returned the first worked for a while, then it cloned all my save files, then corrupted. Finally, i got a third one which worked until i played on Wrestlemania XIX, then never worked after that.

So since then, i;ve always bought official