N-Europe

Sonic And The Secret Rings

Helmsly

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a new trailer up at Gametrailers, called Desert Dash Gameplay, which show off some other environments than the desert. It also shows "The Secret of the Rings" as a tentative titel. I highly recommend anyone here to see it, it looks really good.

• 2 weeks later...

all those levels look fantastic, and solitanze, a "family friendly" sonic? what are u expecting from the ps3/360 version, blood and guts? ;)

from what i've read, the ps3/360 version is just another boring 3d sonic adventure with HD graphics, whereas this is PROPER sonic, taking the gameplay back to what he does best :D can't wait! this has the potential (along with madden etc) to really show which of the new consoles is best by far :D:D:D

I love your optimism Knightendo, but i'm still uneasy about this game after being dazzled by the PS3 and Xbox 360 game.

Maybe if the game will sell shit on those consoles and the Secret of the Rings sells very well on the Wii we may see a port of the game.

Now i'm being optimistic...

I love your optimism Knightendo, but i'm still uneasy about this game after being dazzled by the PS3 and Xbox 360 game.

Maybe if the game will sell shit on those consoles and the Secret of the Rings sells very well on the Wii we may see a port of the game.

but they're completely different games. the other version may look like the cat's cajounes, but it is basically sonic heroes/shadow the hedgehog/sonic adventure with better graphics. this exclusive game has even the multi-format games mags in a hype 'cause it's bringing the sonic gameplay back thanks to the wiimote.

Am I the only person that liked Sonic Heroes?

And also the two Sonic Adventure games were great fun, on the Sonic levels....

Your not the only one ,I like Sonic Heroes,the 2 Sonic Adventures and Shadow The Hedgehog.I thought they were good but other people don't :heh:

I thought ther were all fun,only bad thing about Shadow to me was the 'missino' part,if you missed something you had to go back and look for something.

Sonic Heroes is the worst Sonic I've ever played, the Adventure's Sonic and Shadow levels are nice, but this: meh

QFT. The 3D Sonics have got progressively worse in my opinion, not that I've played STH yet. But some on! Heroes sucked big time. I would burn it through all of the levels but I would die every 5 seconds due to some horrific level design. Controlling the characters was like trying to swallow an inflated balloon, only to have it pop in your face (aka you fly into the infinite abyss and die!). There was very little game mechanic variation and far too many difficult rather than fun rail sections. I had this with some of the later bits of SA2 as well.

I really hope that they have dug into this format for Wildifre (or Lost Rings was it?) and bring all those lovely bits that were great about the 2D ones.

Speed, lots of routes, neck braking changes in direction, great bosses, thumping music and lots of rings and power-ups perfectly placed to temp you into the jaws of death!

I thought that Heroes sucked, but Shadow was a good game. Mind you, I didn't see Shadow as a Sonic game, just part of the Sonic universe.

This does look great though, deffinately better than the two titles I just mentioned. Although I'll probably have to get used to the Wii before I can call this brilliant.

I also doubt that there's gonna be a Wii version of the 360/PS3 Sonic. Why would they port it if we've got Secret of the Rings instead? Methinks Sonic 2006 will be quite popular too...

Although I have to agree that Sonic 2006 looks a lot better that SatSotR. I pefer it's epic style tbh.

The music sounds like it's done by the guys who did Riders which now is a really bad thing

Yeh I don't think Crush 40 did the music for Riders so im hoping they come back and do the music for this game because there music fucking rules!

Am I the only person that liked Sonic Heroes?

And also the two Sonic Adventure games were great fun, on the Sonic levels....

It was ok but IMO it was def the worst sonic game released. Nothing beats the old school sonic games on the mega drive. Sonic 3 and knuckles is still my favourite game of all time, followed by sonic 1!

You can't deviate from a path in Sonic Adventures either when you'r playing with Sonic and only in Rush there are multiple paths, don't see what's the big deal. NOt to mention that most certainly there will be alternate paths like in most on rail games. I always thought Sonic should be like this when it moved to 3D.

You can't deviate from a path in Sonic Adventures either when you'r playing with Sonic and only in Rush there are multiple paths, don't see what's the big deal. NOt to mention that most certainly there will be alternate paths like in most on rail games. I always thought Sonic should be like this when it moved to 3D.
No what I mean is, there seems to be a number of times when you can't move from side to side at all whilst following your path, just like you are on rails and all you are controlling is the speed.