N-Europe

Wii support is growing fast

DiemetriX

We all know that Ubisoft has Red Steel and Rayman Raving Rabbids in the works for the Wii, two titles that are pretty highly anticipated. What we didn’t know is that Ubisoft has a total of 7 titles in the works for the Wii.

EA hopes to turn things around, and one of their attack plans includes Nintendo platforms.

“We have ramped up [game] production for the Wii and DS Lite†(based off of the strong DS market, and great showing for the Wii at E3) - EA executive

EA plans to have 2 launch period titles for the Wii, Madden and Need for Speed: Carbon, and also plans to have 5 more titles made available by the end of March 2007.

EA made a cryptic comment about software pricing as well, stating that third parties can decide their own pricing, but Nintendo first party titles will be no higher than $49.99.

source: http://www.gonintendo.com

I just hope that 50$ means 50€ aswell - right now most new GC games cost about 59.90€ and it seems that even the dead GC doesn't get any more players choice games.

I really hope Nintendo and the third party developers pass the advantage of the Wii to the customers. Otherwise it might be difficult to convince people to buy a Wii version of a game which doesn't support the Wii controller and looks graphically underwhelming to a 360/PS3 version.

I hope $50 means €40 :D:D:D:D

Also i think this is what the Gamecube lacked - quality studios re3leasing titles throughout the lifespan of Wii. With Each studio releasing 1-2 titles at launch, then having up to 7 (:eek:) in development, this can only mean good times ahead! :D

it does seem good so far but to be honest i don't like EA games usually but am looking forward to ubisofts offerings

I agree but EA games do have a fanbase especially for the sprots titles. EA didnt support the Dreamcast and many say it was that along with other reasosn that killed off the console. The only game Im interested in from them is Madden.

Guest Stefkov

I actually like madden hat ea have made, maybe thats because ive only got the one ('04) and not folowed it, but with the new control scheme, and if they try to implement a new-ish scheme into most/all of their games then im all up for EA supporting the wii.

Not only will EA have 6 titles and Ubisoft have 7 titles, but Midway also have 6 titles (Mortal Kombat being the only one named so far). That's some good lovin' by the big wigs. I think it is safe to say that Wii is going to be a hit.

(The Midway bit can be found on Gamasutra or 1up. It was mentioned at the same conference as Ubisoft's 7 titles)

Not only will EA have 6 titles and Ubisoft have 7 titles, but Midway also have 6 titles (Mortal Kombat being the only one named so far). That's some good lovin' by the big wigs. I think it is safe to say that Wii is going to be a hit.

(The Midway bit can be found on Gamasutra or 1up. It was mentioned at the same conference as Ubisoft's 7 titles)

A certain former poster by the name of BIG TAC told us that one ages ago.

What a Legend.

These are the titles according to IGN:

Midway:

Blitz: The League (rumored launch)

Happy Feet (2006)

Ant Bully (2006)

Mortal Kombat: Armageddon (early 2007)

TNA iMPACT! (2007)

Rampage: Total Destruction (rumored, but probable)

UbiSoft:

Rayman Raving Rabbids (launch)

Red Steel (launch)

Rainbow Six: Vegas (rumored, 2006)

Open Season (2006)

Killing Day (2006)

TMNT (Q2 2007)

Lost (2007)

Not stellar, but it's good to have a little padding.

Midway:

Happy Feet (2006)

Ant Bully (2006)

TNA iMPACT! (2007)

UbiSoft:

Red Steel (launch)

Open Season (2006)

Killing Day (2006)

TMNT (Q2 2007)

Lost (2007)

open season sounds like a hunting game. Lost might sell a lot and Killing Day? It was for PS3, so it's likely a port.

open season sounds like a hunting game. Lost might sell a lot and Killing Day? It was for PS3, so it's likely a port.

Isn't Open Season a 3D animation moviet that's coming out? So it's probably a game based on that movie.

Midway:

Happy Feet (2006)

Ant Bully (2006)

TNA iMPACT! (2007)

UbiSoft:

Red Steel (launch)

Open Season (2006)

Killing Day (2006)

TMNT (Q2 2007)

Lost (2007)

I liked around IGN but could not find anything to this. Can you provide a link?

Midway:

Happy Feet (2006)

Ant Bully (2006)

TNA iMPACT! (2007)

UbiSoft:

Red Steel (launch)

Open Season (2006)

Killing Day (2006)

TMNT (Q2 2007)

Lost (2007)

but ubisoft confirmed that rainbow six will not be on wii

Ubi newly confirmed that rainbow six was not heading for Wii. Im sure of that.

Killing day was announced as a wii title some time ago. But that's when it was still called Revolution. It's pure speculation wheter or not it still is a wii title.

The video is most likely a mock up of the PS3 version tough.

I posted that list of games from here without clicking each link to see what they said, so there may well be some games that aren't really coming to Wii. I would hope that Matt and Bozon would find time during this drought of news to keep things like that updated, but who knows.

We should know fairly soon exactly what those seven Ubisoft games are, though, since ign's latest post says "For now, readers can make some guesses, but you better make them quickly because IGN will have the full story on these still-secret titles very, very, very soon." That's a lot of very.

i'm all for ea supporting Wii if they actually use the controller. what their madden developers are doing sounds superb! but if NFS doesn't use the controller like they've said ("player fatigue"?! pfft! ain't stopping excite truck or EA's own madden, it's just laziness) then who would want to buy it when excite truck is out there, and NFS is available for the 360 or PS3? no one. which means poor sales for it.

I remember some certain publishers #cough# midway #cough# stopped supporting the cube when they said that their games just didn't sell on the cube. they never stopped to think that maybe that was because GCN users weren't stupid enough to fork out for lazy PS2 ports. nice to see they've come around now, so let's hope they use the controller well! because what happens if they don't, like NFS, and as a result people buy the versions for other consoles instead. are midway and NFS' developers then gonna blame the Wii like they did the cube...?