NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Domo Kun

The Musical Instrument Thread

After seeing quite a response to Dabookerman's guitar problem, I assume we must have a lot of guitar players here. So, here's your chance to show off your guitar and 'ohh' and 'arr' at other peoples'.

Here's my latest guitar:

DSC01862.jpg

It's a 'Simon and Patrick SP6'. Cedar top + Electro Acoustic. Oh, oh it sounds so pretty! It plays like a dream too. And in comparison to the guitars at a similar price range, it felt like it had the best build quality. You may not have heard of them, but I very much recommend Simon and Patrick guitars. RRP £400ish

DSC01863.jpg

Epiphone (sadly not Gibson) Thunderbird. My baby. I'm a bass player originally. Very solid sound. Very rock and roll. Very pretty. I admit I bought it more for the looks than anything. A bit top heavy... I think these go for about £300.

DSC01865-1.jpg

My Squier P-Bass - because you have to start somewhere!

DSC01866.jpg

My mum's Spanish guitar. She says it's worth a lot of money, but it has a warped ne 'ck. Has anyone ever heard of 'Rudall Carte and co. ltd'? Because that's the brand name. Somehow I doubt it's actually worth much.

I also own an Aria STG which I picked up off my sister who decided she wanted to learn guitar, and never bothered to do so. It's a horrible thing.

So! Let's see your guitars!

Both your bases are the same as an olf friend of mine who I used to be in a band with. I jsut have an Encore Strat rip off cos I am still kinda starting (have been doing so for about 5 years now!). I don't really play that much anymore as I have become a lot more game-o-centric.

What styles do people like to play here?

This is my current one.

greenguitar.jpg

Its a nice little guitar, but the strings are too sharp, and Im gonna sell it anyway. For the wii

This is my current one.

greenguitar.jpg

Its a nice little guitar, but the strings are too sharp, and Im gonna sell it anyway. For the wii

What is it? You're not selling it because the strings are too sharp are you? In that case you could just buy different strings!

And I play Indie and folk mainly, but there's no style I wouldn't play. :)

What is it? You're not selling it because the strings are too sharp are you? In that case you could just buy different strings!

And I play Indie and folk mainly, but there's no style I wouldn't play. :)

heh, Im not selling it because the strings are too sharp. Mostly because I need the cash. (along with my cube) And its a Wesley if I remember correctly

I have a Yamaha Acoustic, Tanglewood Acoustic, La Patrie Handcrafted Classical, ESP M100, and I have an Epiphone SG with Seymour Duncans.

(I dont have pics of them on this comp, but will post some towards the end of the week.)

In light of the guitar thread, here's one for our drummers.

My kit's a Pearl Forum Series with Sabian Solar cymbals (16" crash, 21" Ride and 14" hats)

Don;t have any pics at the moment though..

Yeah, i play the piano, i am awesome, i can play mozart, and bohemium rhapsody, gimme a medal

DISCUSS

I'm a triangle player myself, maybe I should create a thread.

I can play Greensleeves, star wars and most awesomely... JAWS

This is great, all these instrument threads =P

I can play Fur Elise and Turkish March ( i think it is) on the keyboard..

Im not sure whether you , retro and domo kun are competing in the music department or these are serious musical threads.

I have a Warwick Rock Bass 'Corvette' (i think it's the corvette anyways)

It cost me (I say me, i really mean my mum) £320

It has nice active pick-ups, though i'm not entirely sure my Laney HardCore MXD 120 Twin does it justice. (I'm not entirely sure it's even a bass amp :/ it doesn't output the low-lows very well.)

I use a tanglewood rebel 4k bass. (bought off someone who is on these forums in fact) I cant be bothered to upload any pics tonight though, maybe another time.

Only been playin 7 months so im nothing brilliant, latest thing I learned was black dog by Led Zeppelin. One of the hardest songs I can play is probably new born by muse.

I've got a pretty basic kit. I haven't got the money to build up upon it, nor to get a new kit.

It's a dragon kit. Similar to something like this, but with a nicer wood brown type finish:

s141201%20dg5422%20Dragon%20Drum%20Kit.jpg

I changed the shitty cymbals for some not-quite-as-rubbish Solar cymbals. (by Sabien. Very low end)

This includes, hi-hat, ride and a 16" crash cymbal.

However, i want to go all out next year and heavily improve upon my cymbals.

I use a tanglewood rebel 4k bass. (bought off someone who is on these forums in fact) I cant be bothered to upload any pics tonight though, maybe another time.

Only been playin 7 months so im nothing brilliant, latest thing I learned was black dog by Led Zeppelin. One of the hardest songs I can play is probably new born by muse.

Remember trying to learn the drums for that. Gave up because everything is 2 beats off the main time signature!! Rythmical headache!

I'm just a struggling music lover, trying to get by. Right now, i can take the solars. I think they're pretty ok.

The crash and Ride a bearable, but the hats sound worse than bin lids to me

I think it's because at my Drum Lessons im playing on hiss All Zildijan Avedis setup

2 Splash

2 Crash

1 Ride

1 china

1 hi-Hats.

Apparently Money by Pink FLoyd is a very odd song to play on the drums because of its time signature.

Just got rid of my Pearl Megadeth Export cos I never get to play it. Had fun playing when I was in bands and stuff but it's really hard to get into when you are by yourself. Wish I could play a not more now that I have more of an appreciation for Jazz, Swing, Blues and Soul.

I play Oboe, which is a pretty hard instrument to learn/play. Music n00bs stay away.

I wish i was Drummer..its pretty much the only position you can have at a gig were your sitting down all the way through the show

Sign in to follow this