NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Explain Your Username.

I was just browsing at the memberslist and was looking at everyones usernames. Some of them I could figure out why they were used others I didnt have a clue.

Everyone care to share why they called themselves what they did?

Mine is a pretty obvious one if you have played Zelda OOT. Link is referred to as the Hero of Time and being a massive Zelda fan and being a cool name I decided to use that all those years ago when I signed up to C-E.

Tellyn is the Gondorian translation for my name, since I am a big fan of Lord of the Rings.

Echo sounds cool. Desiato comes from Hotblack Desiato, the rockstar from Disaster Area from the second book of The hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy; The restaurant at the end of the universe. I'm a big Hitchhiker's fan.

It orginated on the Retro Gamer magazine forums, so i decided to stick with it.

I bum moogles

I'm sure there was a thread like this ages ago. I think Flink created it.

It means bunny goes squish. Not my initials or anything like that, just something I said once which I liked the sound of. Bunny Goes Squish I thought was a bit too long so I went with BGS.

Not really deep, meaningful and insightful but hey, it's only a screen name!

I dont no why i picked mine apart from if you say somming about me be prepared to have your ass flamed off.

Some perceive my username as a sign I am stupid and cannot spell, however I assure you this is not the case. You see, there is a vivid and rich explanation, so rich perhaps that if it were a pudding it would be a christmas cake.

It's all related to a Japanese anime called ShinSeiki Evangelion, or Neon Genesis Evangelion as the official English title goes. In the series, youngsters at the age of fourteen are capable of piloting giants known as Evangelion, biomechanical humanoid fighting machines. However, these children are given a special classification in the order they are selected by a group known only as Marduk.

Rei Ayanami was the first to be discovered, so her classification is the 1st Children, a literal term for the "The first of the children", I believe. Soryu Asuka Langley was the second, and is therefore the 2nd Children. Finally we come to Shinji Ikari, primary protagonist of the series, who is identified by Marduk as the 3rd Children, and classified as this throughout the series. It is from this classification that my username originates.

Of course, it later becomes apparent through the investigations of Ryoji Kaji that Marduk does not exist at all, it is merely a coverup for an even more horrifying set of secrets relating to the Children and why they alone are able to pilot Evangelion.

Ranting aside, it's basically a cool Engrishy thing from Japan, and handily because of this it's rarely taken on forums and so forth. And there you have it.

Some perceive my username as a sign I am stupid and cannot spell, however I assure you this is not the case. You see, there is a vivid and rich explanation, so rich perhaps that if it were a pudding it would be a christmas cake.

It's all related to a Japanese anime called ShinSeiki Evangelion, or Neon Genesis Evangelion as the official English title goes. In the series, youngsters at the age of fourteen are capable of piloting giants known as Evangelion, biomechanical humanoid fighting machines. However, these children are given a special classification in the order they are selected by a group known only as Marduk.

Rei Ayanami was the first to be discovered, so her classification is the 1st Children, a literal term for the "The first of the children", I believe. Soryu Asuka Langley was the second, and is therefore the 2nd Children. Finally we come to Shinji Ikari, primary protagonist of the series, who is identified by Marduk as the 3rd Children, and classified as this throughout the series. It is from this classification that my username originates.

Of course, it later becomes apparent through the investigations of Ryoji Kaji that Marduk does not exist at all, it is merely a coverup for an even more horrifying set of secrets relating to the Children and why they alone are able to pilot Evangelion.

Ranting aside, it's basically a cool Engrishy thing from Japan, and handily because of this it's rarely taken on forums and so forth. And there you have it.

I feel smarter already

Dan Dare was an old school comics hero my dad as into. I am called Dan, and thus it makes sense.

Babooo means youngest in the family in Nepalese.

I am the youngest of the family. I am Nepalese. Go figure people.:grin:

I bum moogles

I'm sure there was a thread like this ages ago. I think Flink created it.

Can't remember if i did or not. I make quite a lot of threads. *looks on general chit chat index*

When i was signing up for this site, i was getting quite into Majora's Mask at the time. I thought Fierce Deity Link would be sweet, but then i thought "hmm, this would be too long."

In the end, i shortened it to Fierce_Link. I have absolutely no idea where the random capital N came from, but it's stuck since then.

Although, most people just call me F_L, or Flinky now. I've been tempted to change it to Flinky. :heh:

That sounds really good actually (the anime), would be much better if it was a proper TV series.

If you switch the 'o' and 'a' around it also makes 'Mario' which is why I chose that name....

Years ago when I first graced the internets I played a game called Utopia, which is a fantasy text based game where you build up your Province, then attack other people, working together with your kingdom. I always went as the dwarven race, and since Moria is where the dwarves live in Lord of the Rings, which at the time I loved, I chose that name and I've used it for everything ever since.

That sounds really good actually (the anime), would be much better if it was a proper TV series.

If you switch the 'o' and 'a' around it also makes 'Mario' which is why I chose that name....

Years ago when I first graced the internets I played a game called Utopia, which is a fantasy text based game where you build up your Province, then attack other people, working together with your kingdom. I always went as the dwarven race, and since Moria is where the dwarves live in Lord of the Rings, which at the time I loved, I chose that name and I've used it for everything ever since.

Lol, I was just about to say "I always assumed you name was from Moria in LotR", then noticed the white writing.

Demonmike brand being going since '02, i dont have a bloody clue why i put it as 04 when i registered here at 05. Ah well, i live in ze past.

My name means:

absolutely nothing

I made it up years back and use it for everything. I just think it sounds cool, and it can be easily shortened to "Kazzah" or "Kazz" in only games so people don't have to type my whole name :D

Why do you have to hurt me, man? It is a TV series, just animated.

I'm going to go have a little cry now. THANKS A LOT, MORIA.

Its basically my name.

Except kov, isn't right, my brothers nickname was kov, with a v, even though the name is actually kow...

just decided to stick them together

My name is basically random: it came out of nowhere. I am the overlord of grunchie (another creation made up by me), and nothing more.