NEurope
Hellfire

Heroes first footage!

For some reason when i watched it, it reminded me of the PC game GunZ. Has anyone ever played this?

you can have a sword and a gun or two. and you just run around slicing/shooting people.

If anyone else has played gunz, do you think it kiinda resembles it?

GunZ

"Your shiny armor and fine words won't get you ANYWHERE!"

real-ps3-front-2.jpg

Also I think the voices are a stand-in for now.

QFT ... hidden message... kills dante-like-guy...

Woah! I love the style of this game, it looks really promising!! :D I've played many games with shit voice acting, so the va's in this don't bother me

For some reason when i watched it, it reminded me of the PC game GunZ. Has anyone ever played this?

you can have a sword and a gun or two. and you just run around slicing/shooting people.

GunZ

Well, I don't know, more than that they both feature swords and guns.

A letter from Wiire. :hmm:

First and foremost, I would like to personally apologize to our readers and loyal fans for this retraction appearing two days late.

This past Friday morning, I received footage of an upcoming Wii game that was planned to be shown at E3 2006. Under reasons unknown by the head developers at the time of the expo, the footage was not shown and believed would be delayed until summer. The development team's communication representative asked if our site had seen the trailer, ironically in the middle of the promised summer, and sent me the footage via e-mail.

In turn, I placed the video online for our readers to see for themselves. Monday morning, a representative sent me another e-mail stating the studios collectively felt it was not the right time to reveal the clip. I was asked to remove it from our site as well as any indication of the game. In respect and honoring these developers, I removed the footage and the exclusive.

We have been lucky enough not to receive recoil from our visitors and board users, as it was assumed this scenario to be the case. However, that does not mean an explanation isn't necessary.

Video game journalism is different from all of the other kinds of journalism I have experienced throughout my years. Game developers are not the lying politicians hiding a scandal, crazed doctors performing insane operations, power-hungry businesses looking to conquer the world, or even The Man. Game developers are artists, painters and composers, looking to unveil their works in a gallery we call a gaming retail store. Journalism here in the video gaming industry serves as a movie theater, hosting the media that they send our way in the hopes that their art gallery will be known and recognized for better or worse.

The moment I received the second letter, I wanted to take the ethical route: remove the content because they decided it wasn't time, and allow the creators of this work of art to choose the next time they wish to unveil their piece. I took this route within 10 seconds of receiving the letter, and asked the staff to please cooperate with my decision. Though I was terribly concerned for the site, it would have been dishonorable not to abide by the development team's wishes.

The developers are still on very good terms with our site, so any speculation of us doing something hurtful or disrespecting them in any way can be placed to rest. A few more months will more than likely prove this fact. We are, however, hurt if other sites or servers are looking to host this file.

Real heroes come from the people that make the right decisions at the right time. These developers have asked that this game, this piece of art, be removed from the Internet in a decision made by their company so that they may continue their painting. We do not know if there are any places online that might have downloaded/stole/unwatermarked this file, but I ask that you show the same respect and remove it from the Internet. These are artists looking to one day show you something incredible, not criminals needing to be exposed. There is no crime committed; only people seeking to ruin a good piece of art by showing it prematurely against the development team's wishes.

The moment I was asked to remove the footage, I removed it. I ask, in turn, that our readers seek to see if anyone has placed this footage elsewhere. If so, I ask you a favor: inform them that it's not right to go against the wishes of a developer. The developers are the ones that matter, and they're the ones composing the symphony. They are good people, and deserve to have all of our respect. Is it really worth a high viewer count just to undermine the thoughts of the people that made the game in the first place?

Again, I apologize for removing the content and footage without any warning, but I was asked to do so in kindness. Please, do the same for them. We're newshounds, not ravenous wolves.

Sincerely,

Rob

Editor-In-Chief, The Wiire

A letter from Wiire. :hmm:

interesting...

i have to agree about the game developers and stuff should be allowed to keep their work a secret until they feel 'it is time'... but emailing it to someone in the press and assuming its not gonna get out is just stupid.

i think they wanted it to be seen, and are doing something funny... dont know what though

GunZ

If we end up doing matrix style wall runnin' 'n' gunnin' and doing insane stunts, in that graphics style I would pay.... in fact you can't put a price on that!

Whats your Gunz Character name? I'm Viewtiful1 on it.

If you want to see what we are on about go to here (Hmm Gunz Wii, we'd have to actually run up walls... could work!)

Great grafical style, and did i see a more physically plausible version of a light saber?

It's one video mate with very little real information. No one with half a neurone could make a decision with such little to go on. Stop being so negative and go and find us some new OnePiece footage.

Its so obvious if you actually think about what they said on that video, plus may I remind you of something when its for example playstation or xbox and they release a trailer for it - when they haven't told you what the gameplay is like.

All you guys here, say " This is Shit, crap and boring" however when its Nintendo you say "OMFG its amazing!!!!"

Enough said, bitch

Its so obvious if you actually think about what they said on that video, plus may I remind you of something when its for example playstation or xbox and they release a trailer for it - when they haven't told you what the gameplay is like.

All you guys here, say " This is Shit, crap and boring" however when its Nintendo you say "OMFG its amazing!!!!"

Enough said, bitch

QFT :horse: : peace:

GunZ

Yeah, I suppose that could be true, but if it is, I hope they build on what was there on gunz, like more customisation, more weapons, moves, levelling up etc. Yeah, that would be cool.

Enough said, bitch

I think you'll find that most people were praising the graphical style. Read back through the pages and comments, and you'll see that.

Nobody really said anything about the gameplay. Why is that? Simply, because we don't know how it'll play.

Your quote: "This has the potential to be very very boring, so it may turn out to be "the poor brother of Killer7"."

How exactly does it have the potential to be boring? I don't quite understand how you came up with that conclusion.

I think you'll find that most people were praising the graphical style. Read back through the pages and comments, and you'll see that.

Nobody really said anything about the gameplay. Why is that? Simply, because we don't know how it'll play.

Your quote: "This has the potential to be very very boring, so it may turn out to be "the poor brother of Killer7"."

How exactly does it have the potential to be boring? I don't quite understand how you came up with that conclusion.

Ok you beat one guy then you beat a few more people, and a few more and a few more aka - removing the addictive puzzles and keep it just shoot one guy, then shoot some more, slice twice and repeat

Ok you beat one guy then you beat a few more people, and a few more and a few more aka - removing the addictive puzzles and keep it just shoot one guy, then shoot some more, slice twice and repeat

How do you know it will play like this?

ZeldaFreak, each and every game that's not released has the potential to be the worst game ever made.

But it also has the potential to be the best.

And the less you know about a game, the bigger the potential for either.

And right now, we know close to nothing.

You're a pessimist. Hell, it's not even "the glass is half-empty" with you. It's more like "I don't see a glass".

I think they deserve more than that. At least a "there is a glass that is using 50% of its capacity to hold what seems to be a liquid" (how's that for neutral :p)

Enough said, bitch

I like the trailer and I'm excited about the game. And I still stand by the fact that there is very little information about the game itself in the video. You can speculate all you want but all that will happen is that you will make decisions on assumptions not fact. It's up to you really...

killer7 was the same.... but for some reason it was awesome...

eternal darkness as well.

its the charm of a game that makes it cool.

Any game is like this once you strip it down to its core goal. :angry:

Still nothing in-game? I want this game so much based on the trailer, is it some sword fighting game or is it a shooting game?

IT COULD BE SO MUCH!

Cant wait to find out..