NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
KingOfHyrule

Love the controller, but is that it?

Not even a glimpse of any Revolution footage? Come on :sad: the controller looks fantastic, I'm sure Nintendo wouldn't have found it too challenging to throw together a demonstration for upcoming games!

Ther saving that for.. october? Now everyone has seen the controller. when we get to se games wi will se alot of thirdparty games also.

I'm guessing the reason for holding back the games is because they're waiting for the force feedback to be installed into the controller. Nintendos' policy has always been play instead of see, they may not think the controller does the games justice without force feedback.

Maybe they will wait for next month or later so they get in the mags for october, november and december to really spoil the 360's christmas!

What force feedback? That was a rumour and is incredibly unlikely. Forcefeedback would involve a lot of electricity and couldn't run on battery.

They're probably waiting for the games to be near completion with the controller only just being finalised it seems unlikely they'll have any games that are far along in development.

At least they've told us when we will see rather than just saying 'later'. Could Spaceworld be coming again? To be perfectly honest, this is my dream controller. I really don't care how beautiful the games are now, because it really doesn't matter.

I'm back! My god i have missed LOADS! I don't know where to start! What is the controller all about? It's very strange, but in a good way!!!

Have to read more info on it as i have no-idea how it really works....lol

OH and the new website rocks!!!! :hehe:

Nintendo want us to focus on the new controller and the posibilities now... if they threw in in-game-video and maby specs even, people would focus to much on grafics and technical facts, that is really not what nintendo is looking for... But i think well see something in october... read the interviews here on revo-europe.com ... with Perrin Kaplan and the head og Nitendo Europe... there lots of great info in those

Never satisfied, are we. We all know what games will be played on the Revolution by now, and I'm pretty sure we can make an educated guess how they'll look unless Nintendo pulls a Wind Waker on us. So sit back and speculate, folks.

Im not a big fan of the controller. The only cool thing is the motion sensor thing, thats it. Otherwise it's just like a little plastic box. In fact a bit too small. Anyone else feel the same way. Because everyone seems to be just going on like OMFG wICKED

I really can't wait to see what the games will be like. I want to see what ideas Nintendo have got for Mario, Zelda etc.

Nobody will be satisfied until they get there hands on the console itself!!!

Very exciting times though :-) I think nintendo could be onto a winner. Not only will developers produce games that will only be available with use with the revolutionary controller...but games on the PS2 and XBOX 360 should be easy enough to port with use with the new controller and an expansion...or an existing gamecube controller :-)

I'm pleased with the info we have. The games will come later, be happy everyone!

Wow...I hit the nail on the head.

Have you seen the video where they demonstrate some one using two "wands" at the same time....

It looks vaguely familiar doesn't it. That's cause it resembles my design to a "T" except for the fact that it is very simple while mine was a GC-controller (complicated) split in half.

Anyway, all those gaming ideas I told you are POSSIBLE. Two wands mean a boxing game or an archery game....or....an incredible FPS!

The controller is almost exactly how I envisioned it, but in the shape of a remote...If there is enough negative feedback (like the E3 design for the DS...ugly) then there could be a design change for the controller. Nothing too seriouis, maybe just the addition of a couple button and hopefully an analog stick.

Nintendo doesn't have to prove the concepts of the controller, it just needs to pull them off flawlessly.

Anyway...lots of possiblities.

I think Nintendo are leaving it too late again. And I'm not sure if this new controller will alienate things as did the cube in some ways, I really aint happy with all these multi-format games which don't come to the cube for whatever reason.

Oh ya...There's an article here...

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=11573

...that describes a more traditional type of controller attachment. However this attachment is unique. The REV "wand" will slide into the controller somehow so there will be no dangling parts. Also, the "wand's" motion sensor will be active while inside this attachment "shell."

It will also be a pack-in, I think. I'm not positive. However, I know for sure that the analog stick attachment will be a pack-in.

Imagine this...

A REV console with a "wand", analog controller attachment, and a shell all provided in a neat box. Let's not forget a demo disc and a coupon for a couple free downloads.

What's that? All the REV's are sold out?!

Got to say I'm very pleased with what Nintendo have shown today, noy only have they taken gaming to the next level, they have made me so hyped for the revolution its unbelievable. All I have left to say is, genious.

The controller is almost exactly how I envisioned it, but in the shape of a remote...If there is enough negative feedback (like the E3 design for the DS...ugly) then there could be a design change for the controller. Nothing too seriouis, maybe just the addition of a couple button and hopefully an analog stick.

I think you've kind of missed the point, the "wand" controller is the analogue control function, it doesn't need an analogue stick added as that would be redundant.

Sign in to follow this