N-Europe

What a sad end for the great one.

Demuwan

No he isn't. Materazzi is a tough, mean Italian defender. That doesn't mean he's got no honour (he's actually a hard working player) and goes calling the former greatest player of the world rascist names. If anything, he would have crushed his ankles, but there's no way he's attacked him racistically.

Zidane's not an angel. He's troubled by uncontrolled outrages, and it cost him red cards during his entire career. It happened again yesterday.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well its about time the racism in football is brought under the limelight. If that guy said something racist he should've gotten the red card and not Zidane. Abuse is abuse and Im sick of Racism in football being turned a blind eye.

I agree with what you're saying, but there is a right way and a wrong way of going about it.

Zidane went the way of violence. How can this be anything but the wrong way?

He could have told the referee, or an official, Fifa, or a conference at the end of the match.

I can't believe what i'm hearing here.

You're all saying that if you were in a world cup final, and you heard a racist remark, you would have headbutted that guy in the chest?! I'm sorry, but how can anyone call that right? Zidane is a professional, he is supposed to overcome things like this without violence.

No one said it was right. He may be a professional, but he's still human. After years of racism building up, for some guy to say it to your face, I would explode. Emotion would overcome reason and I'd let it out. It's not right, but in moments like these, it's not about what's right or wrong to the individual.

Where has this whole racist thing come from? Can anyone provide convincing evidence that a racist comment was made? Thought not. Bloody hell, everything is fucking racist these days, isn't it?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/worldcup2006.html?in_article_id=394962&in_page_id=1892

I agree with what you're saying, but there is a right way and a wrong way of going about it.

Zidane went the way of violence. How can this be anything but the wrong way?

He could have told the referee, or an official, Fifa, or a conference at the end of the match.

I know Zidane went about it in the wrong way, but it wasn't reason in action just pure rage. If it truly was racist FIFA need to take some serious action. Arragones the Spanish manager and a **** got away with it. It really is sickening in 2006 this still happens.

lol Athriller and the daily mail allied at last. But sierously he blatently made a horrific comment to Zidane that was probably racist this guys a dick. And yeh Zidane didn't do the right thing but its hard to control anger when provoked in this manner.

Zidane is human (i give him that), but he's also a role model. He's unwittingly set back the Kick Racism out of Football campaign. Yes, kick it out with a giant headbutt.

He may be perceived to be a role model, but it's not a title he's willingly undertaken. I feel sorry for people who have to live upto an image because other people set it up for them. He hasn't done his campaign justice, but oh well.

The Daily Mail? Oh, the irony...

I've come across plenty of sources so far, but I'm your not delivery boy. You can go find them yourself or ignore it all, I really don't care.

Yeh it is being called a terrorist just because he comes from the suburbs and is of Algerian descent is a racist comment, I would be extemrley upset if I was Zidane and someone said that to me.

If that's the case I find it sad that Zidane hasn't grown beyond the point that he still sees his offspring an issue. He has achieved so much in his life, but now he gets triggered by someone attacking his parents' home country (even though terrorist is becoming a common swearing word nowadays)? Zidane was a far greater person than Materazzi, and being called 'terrorist' (I'm unimpressed) should not have triggered him. You can't justify that headram.

Okay, what? I took a look outside after watching that to check if I wasn't living a nazi Europe, because that's pretty much what that (american ==> what a surprise) programme said.

Good that they make the problem public but jeez, they lay it on a little thick sometimes. Racist fucks you will find pretty much anywhere, usually dim-witted people, and face it, hooligans and extreme 'football lovers' are also pretty dim-witted. So they focused on but a small part of it, Europe's pimple, you could say.

Okay, what? I took a look outside after watching that to check if I wasn't living a nazi Europe, because that's pretty much what that (american ==> what a surprise) programme said.

Good that they make the problem public but jeez, they lay it on a little thick sometimes. Racist fucks you will find pretty much anywhere, usually dim-witted people, and face it, hooligans and extreme 'football lovers' are also pretty dim-witted. So they focused on but a small part of it, Europe's pimple, you could say.

Its a massive problem and it needs to be addressed. That video did all it needed to emphasise the seriousness of the matter. FIFA need to take desicive action against Racism.

It does seem a bit dramatic, but nevertheless it is a problem in modern day football, and it does have to go adressed.

I can't believe what i'm hearing here.

You're all saying that if you were in a world cup final, and you heard a racist remark, you would have headbutted that guy in the chest?! I'm sorry, but how can anyone call that right? Zidane is a professional, he is supposed to overcome things like this without violence.

A few years back, England were playing in Turkey (pretty sure it was against turkey) and players like Sol Campbell were being called racist names by the crowd. The players, to their credit, shrugged off this remarks and played the rest of the match. You didn't see anyone of them running into the crowd, full throttle and give the guys a kick to the face (a la cantona).

I agree as a professional he shouldn't have reacted, and I assume most would like to think they would rise above it all, as I said earlier, his emotions were probably too strong at that moment.

also, look at this : ends his career with a red card, for a stupid blatent foul, in a completely unprofessional manner, being watched by millions of football fans world wide, letting down his nation as well as himself.

all I think we are saying is something was OBVIOUSLY said to provoke the attack, and I think that is equally bad as the headbutt that resulted.

and also, if headbutting was an art, that would have been a master piece. also that italian (I assume) at most will have a bit of soreness and bruising which will pass in a very short time.

I'm sorry but being called a "terrorist" and having a nipple twist isnt an excuse for a headbutt. It was shameful.

I hope people just remember him for the amazing football, instead of a moment of madness.

the nipple twist wasn't done in a friendly manner, it was done to provoke him, that failed, he managed his temper, and walked off, no doubt very angry and wanting to react, but knowing thats what the italian wanted, follow that up by a piercing comment about you, your family who you love - while you are trying to quell a strong angry reaction already, I can understand how it happened. in fact, I think he surpressed himself, watching it I think he'd have liked to smash the guy in the face with his fists (which would have been worse)