Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

Aye, that's true. I think i worded my sentence differently to how it was intended to be worded. I meant to say a 20 goal a season striker. At the end of the day, Gerrard is a midfielder, he is not an out-and-out striker.

I disagree with the Rio comment. I think we've got a look of quality in our team right now. I'm particularly proud of the defensive and midfield options we have.

Rio and Silvestre are great at the back, but Brown and O'shea can do a great job there, too. There's also the option of Vidic.

Evra has been outstanding for me this season. He plays in the same position as Heinze, and its going to be a great battle between these two over who gets picked. They're both awesome, imo, but i think Heinze will just pip Evra to it.

Gary Neville is inspiring at the back, and there is also the option of putting Richardson there. He really is versatile. He can play anywhere. Is he a striker, midfielder, or defender? He's one of these all-purpose men-types, so he's a player who comes in handy when players get injured, etc.

I think Carrick will fit in really well with our team. For the first time in years, i actually feel confident about our midfield and defence. We've finally found a confident goalkeeper in Van Der Sar, and this also means that our defence will play with confidence, too. Our defence has been under fire for the last few seasons, but i think we've finally cracked it.

If there are any criticisms with our team, its probably going to be with getting the goals. Personally, i have faith that the goals will come. It would be wise to bring in another striker, but even if we didn't, i think there is enough quality there for us to do well this season.

Don't forget about Darren Fletcher :heh:

Scotland win 2-1 against Lithuania away from home :D

Italy only managed 1-1 at home :heh:

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

San Marino 0-13 Germany

My sweet dick! Podolski scored 4 of the bastards!

Thomas "Der Hammer" Hitzlsperger scored 2. One of which being a classic thunderbolt like he did for Villa against Bolton. (I want him back at Villa!)

Scotland won, England won. :yay:

What a good night it was last night! :grin:

He's excellent. I always enjoy watching him. :)

Hmm, quite a complicated game. Liverpool had more possession, and more shots on goal, but Everton played more reserved football. Overall, i think they deserved the win. Their defence looked great, they were strong in midfield and they made the most of their chances.

Well, that was tense! United have just beaten Spurs 1-0. I hate playing Spurs. They're one of those teams who frustrate you, but i'm glad we overcame them, despite a lot of scares.

Wes Brown played excellent. As did Evra and Neville. Ferdinand wasn't at his best, but that is understandable. Great backline. :)

I'm shocked at the Liverpool and Arsenal results.

I'm shocked at the Liverpool and Arsenal results.

Me too mate. Arsenal are playing good football, we are creating so many chances but just can't seem to finish them off. Not that disappointed tbh. I know the team is playing well so its only a matter of time before we end this poor start with a first win of the season. :hmm:

Me too mate. Arsenal are playing good football, we are creating so many chances but just can't seem to finish them off. Not that disappointed tbh. I know the team is playing well so its only a matter of time before we end this poor start with a first win of the season. :hmm:

It's all down to luck, really. Arsenal just don't seem to have it on their side. It'll come, you won't get relegated or anything daft like that.

We're playing you next. You'll probably like...beat us 5-0 or something. :heh:

It's like they said at Match of the Day, Arsenal want to walk the ball in the net. They could direct the beautiful combinations into the goal last season, but they aren't so effective this year. Maybe it's because of the absence of Pires and Bergkamp that they lack the overview to convert the chances into goals.

Also the fact of them being at a new ground. They havent got the closeness and home feeling of highbury yet. Teams are going to the Emirates and playing just aswell as Arsenal.

I have no doubt they will still be top 4 by the end of the season. But it would be nice if someone like Portsmouth or Everton could stay there or there abouts right till end.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!