Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Manutd.com:

Bayern rule out Owen switch

Bayern Munich midfielder Owen Hargreaves claims to have received an offer to join United, but the Bundesliga champions are adamant he is not for sale.

The 25-year-old, who will appear for England against Greece at Old Trafford on Wednesday, has made no secret of his desire to move to the Premiership. After weeks of rumours, Hargreaves revealed in German sports magazine Bild that he is ready to complete the switch.

"The offer from United is fantastic," he said. "It's especially enticing for me as an England international, and you never know if the opportunity will present itself again. It's time for me to take the next step and develop myself further. (General manager) Uli Hoeness knows what a unique opportunity this is for me."

Bayern are loath to sell the versatile midfielder, who was voted England's best player at the World Cup. A club spokesman said on Wednesday lunchtime: "I have just spoken with Uli Hoeness and he is absolutely clear that selling Owen is not an issue.

"He has recently signed a three-year contract extension and will be fulfilling that deal. I think what Mr Hoeness says is enough to end any speculation. Owen Hargreaves will be staying with us for the remainder of the four years on his contract."

£13 million isnt a bad price. Still well over the odds but as we all know English players are always that bit more expensive.

Well apparently the Chairman gave him a vote of confidence this morning.....

......when he looked in the mirror!

Edit:

Leeds/Chelsea saga rumbles on:

Chelsea Issue Statement: (from www.chelseafc.com)

Chelsea Football Club has issued the following statement on Ken Bates and Leeds United.

"Chelsea FC today (August 17) filed a complaint with the Football Association against Ken Bates and Leeds United for bringing the game into disrepute.

This follows recent comments by Mr Bates arising out of the dispute between Chelsea and Leeds over Michael Woods, Tom Taiwo and Danny Rose.

There are football procedures in place to deal with that specific dispute. Chelsea will comply with those, will not discuss the case publicly other than our previously stated position and will contest it vigorously.

However there are also existing football rules (E3 and E4) that prohibit rude, insulting and inappropriate comments being made about other club owners, chairmen and personnel.

In particular we are concerned by the implications of Mr Bates’ reference to the Chelsea directors as “a bunch of shysters from Siberia” and the discriminatory nature of this in terms of race, nationality and religion (rule E4). Such comments have no place in football, a sport which is rightly committed to fighting racial intolerance and bigotry.

Chelsea believes these comments are part of a personal campaign being waged by Mr Bates against our club and his actions cannot be allowed to masquerade erroneously as being in the interests of football as he claims.

Rule E3 states:

“A Participant shall at all times act in the best interests of the game and shall not act in any manner which is improper or brings the game into disrepute or use any one, or a combination of, violent conduct, serious foul play, threatening, abusive, indecent or insulting words or behaviour.”

Rule E4 states:

“A Participant shall not carry out any act which is discriminatory by reason of ethnic origin, colour, race, nationality, religion, sex, sexual orientation or disability.”

Leeds United Statement in Response: (from www.leedsunited.com)

CLUB STATEMENT

Leeds United have issued a statement in response to Chelsea's announcement that they have lodged a formal complaint with the Football Association against chairman

Ken Bates.

A club spokesman said:

"We are totally amused and look

forward to receiving their (Chelsea Football Club's)

detailed evidence to support their complaint."

Meanwhile, Leeds chairman Ken Bates said:

"I haven't laughed so much since Ma caught her tits in the mangle."

Leeds United will be making no further comment at this stage.

Ok............I am ROFLMFAOPMSL!!!!!

This seems to be an absolutely ridiculous farce, and Chelsea are making no friends in either division!

Hee hee, I cant stop laughing!!

It's pretty embarassing that sunderland lost to southend. Southend have a smaller stadium than oxford (a conference club). But I guess the reason for sunderland's bad run of results stems down to the club's overall low morale. It almost happens to all clubs who get relegated.

Piss poor from Spurs today. Strikers were good, although given sod all service, Lennon was a bit quiet and didn't recieve the ball enough, Zokora didn't have an amazing game, same with Assou-Ekotto. Rest of defence was ok-ish. Davids, kept making mistakes even though he was always after the ball and tried to push the team forward.

For me though, I just can't see why Jenas is in the team. I'd much prefer Danny Murphy or Teemu Tainio to play in his position.

Very frustrated today.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!