Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2006/2007

Stocka

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Van Nistelrooy won't be selected for the Dutch national team anymore... It's getting quite painful, getting kicked from ManUnited and then from the national team.

EDIT: Apparently David Beckham won't be selected for the England team either anymore.

Yeah, his WC performance wasn't great, and there's Dirk Kuyt and Klaas-Jan Huntelaar as competition for the center striker position. Van Basten has a tendency to quit selecting people when they don't perform well a few games - it's cost Van Bommel (Barca), Seedorf (AC Milan) and Davids (Spurs) a spot too.

I wonder what McClaren has against Becks though. His WC wasn't that bad considering the rest of the team.

Adriano and Ibrahimovic were ridicilously out of shape last year. The only reason why Inter would win the Serie A next year is lack of competition. I don't expect much from them in the Champions League.

Im a huge Beckham fan but can totally understand why he has been dropped for this friendly. We need to try out traditional wingers that will run with the ball like Lennon and Wright-Philips. We know what Beckham can do but if he wants to get in the squad he needs to prove that he can add something better than what Lennon can....apart from free kicks and the odd cross i think Lennon down the right is a very good choice and the way forward.

Im hoping Beckham does get to 100 caps tho, he deserves that at least.

Hopefully Mclaren will carry on with the balls and will drop Lampard or Gerrard for a holding midfielder like carrick or hargreaves.

Good to see El Tel back. Genius.

I actually think this generation of England team will (unfortunately) be a lot better than Eriksson's reign. Even though Ericsson played the best players that didn't work very well all the time. Mclaren's doing what Arsene Wenger and Gordon Strachan are doing, playing lots of young players and nurturing them to their best position.

Palace 1 - 0 Leeds

Dammit......

Horsfield was sent off after 15 mins, and we managed to hold on until the 91st when substitute Clinton Morrison scored for Palace.

I didnt see the game (was on SS1) but apparently we put up a good fight and played quality football.

Pity we drop into bottom half of table so soon into the season.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!